Aberdeen v Killie 26/1/19

Killie lads are starting to get very defensive on this. (bit like their team)
Apparently if you're playing away from home whilst chasing the title you don't actually need to try to win the game.
Expect this thread to run for several hours. Look forward to catching up on it all when I log in tomorrow morning, but got better things to do with my Saturday night.
:guinness
We're not chasing a title FFS, Celtic are going to win it, our objective is to get as many points as possible and finish as high as possible, good point and we move on

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BlueKillie said:

You got more shots on goal, same points... Don't see what the big deal is about shots on goal

Kilmarnock had no shots. Just think about that for a minute. No shots. At all. In the whole match.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

A draw suits us more than it does you & the onus was on your team to break us down which they simply couldn't do.

now dry your f**kin eyes.......

Enjoy your point, so why so bitter and twisted.

Kilmarnock had no shots. Just think about that for a minute. No shots. At all. In the whole match.
And you got the same amount of points. Just think about that for a minute. The same amount of points from a home game as a team with no shots on target. In the whole match. Ouch

6 minutes ago, KillieCon said:
13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

And you still couldn't beat us. With ten men.

No we couldn’t, and I’m not that happy because of that. However, you seem to be happy that your team didn’t have a single shot.

No we couldn’t, and I’m not that happy because of that. However, you seem to be happy that your team didn’t have a single shot.

We just lost *our best player to you, our first choice CB is out injured, one of our other players has just signed a PCA with a rival, we've just beaten rangers who have just signed a player on the same wage as our full team, we're on track for our best ever season in probably all our lifetimes. But aye we should be raging because we've lost today by the shots on target rule  

*One of. Please forgive me Mr Power

27 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

You my friend are seriously deluded if you think Aberdeen have serious talent. Your team play a very typical 1980's style of football, play to a tall striker, disrupt any flow in the game and players and manager are continually in the referee and 4th officials ear in an attempt to influence decisions. I would doubt you'll get anything close to double figures for McKenna and Taylor is way to good for Aberdeen. Both teams are quite close in terms of ability you should accept that and move on. As the home side today the Dons are obliged to dictate the game and though you had control you could not break us down. We've had an off day but will regroup. Lets hope by the seasons end both teams are above the arse cheeks or at worst above Sevco.  Best of luck for the rest of the season.

McKenna, Ferguson, McLennan, and Cosgrove are all 22 years old and under, and are amongst the absolute best players (the best in McKenna's case) in the league in their respective positions already.

Shinnie, GMS, and Devlin are all international standard players. Add to that, your best player this season now plays for us.

Your best team in pretty much your entire history didn't get a single attempt on goal today. Seems to me that quite clearly you are the deluded one.

I thoroughly echo your sentiment of hoping both teams finish above Celtic in 3rd, and Sevco in the bin.

Shame it's devolved into this swaggering and needling, gents, as it strikes me there are positives to be derived for all.

Killie clearly came hunting for a lonesome point and you lads must concede you were totally neutralised.

We NEVER settle for a point but saw the Dons as seriously dangerous otherwise.

Take the compliment and let's all set about the important business of pieing the cheeks.  Raise a glass FFS, it's Saturday night.

McKenna, Ferguson, McLennan, and Cosgrove are all 22 years old and under, and are amongst the absolute best players (the best in McKenna's case) in the league in their respective positions already.
Shinnie, GMS, and Devlin are all international standard players. Add to that, your best player this season now plays for us.
Your best team in pretty much your entire history didn't get a single attempt on goal today. Seems to me that quite clearly you are the deluded one.
I thoroughly echo your sentiment of hoping both teams finish above Celtic in 3rd, and Sevco in the bin.

Still above you. Ya Dobber.

Shinnie, GMS and Devlin are all international standard players? For San Marino maybe [emoji848].

4 minutes ago, ValencianKillie said:

Shame it's devolved into this swaggering and needling, gents, as it strikes me there are positives to be derived for all.

Killie clearly came hunting for a lonesome point and you lads must concede you were totally neutralised.

We NEVER settle for a point but saw the Dons as seriously dangerous otherwise.

Take the compliment and let's all set about the important business of pieing the cheeks.  Raise a glass FFS, it's Saturday night.

You my friend get a green dot for being the voice of reason.

Some of the shite being thrown about on this thread is getting out of hand

However Kris Boyd is a fat *** c**t.

Probably other than that I'm with you mate and feel free to have a cyber :guinness on me

A good point which keeps us close enough to Celtic, which has to be the aim now between now and the split.  Huge week for us where it will be clear whether the board are in the position to gamble financially to go for the title or settle for 3rd/4th/5th place- we really need some quality to bolster what looks like a tired squad.

I reckon if we're within 5 points of Celtic going into the split we can consider ourselves title contenders.  The difficult run continues. 

Archived