Large Issue Tuesday

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I have jokingly said this before but the entire thing should be about common sense and decency. A woman on her own with a pram should have priority over 2 parents and a five year old that can walk by themselves. Both parents and 2, 10+ year olds who just park there so their big car can fit in easier are more than likely selfish c***s. I don’t actually grudge not being in a mother/child space when both of us are there, it’s easy enough for two people to get a pram out the boot, get the baby in the pram and get into the shop, the spaces should be for people who genuinely need them but like always there are c***s who don’t care about anyone else.

I find it's more the type of car seat that determines where I park, If I'm out just with my 8 year old its fine as she has a booster with just the seat belt that she can release herself so I can hold the door open while she jumps out in a normal space to stop damaging other cars. The 3 year old is in a seat with a proper harness that requires the door to be fully open and me bent in the car to release her and lift her out so parent and child space definitely needed!

I find it's more the type of car seat that determines where I park, If I'm out just with my 8 year old its fine as she has a booster with just the seat belt that she can release herself so I can hold the door open while she jumps out in a normal space to stop damaging other cars. The 3 year old is in a seat with a proper harness that requires the door to be fully open and me bent in the car to release her and lift her out so parent and child space definitely needed!

Or you could park further away from the entrance where there are more spaces available and therefore plenty of room!

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

Or you could park further away from the entrance where there are more spaces available and therefore plenty of room!

Not always and you could end up wedged in by 2 chelsea tractors when you get back. I'm not bothered about being far from the front door but I need the  extra space of a disabled spot to get my Mum out of the car and into her wheelchair.

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not always and you could end up wedged in by 2 chelsea tractors when you get back. I'm not bothered about being far from the front door but I need the  extra space of a disabled spot to get my Mum out of the car and into her wheelchair.

Still using the parent & child parking spot, bairn? :lol:

23 hours ago, throbber said:

Why? That's exactly what the spaces are designed for!? 

• 3 weeks later...

When I was in holiday in Prague years ago they had horse and carriage rides on offer in the main square. They all had a basket to catch the horses leavings so they didn’t end up with shit everywhere.

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

When I was in holiday in Prague years ago they had horse and carriage rides on offer in the main square. They all had a basket to catch the horses leavings so they didn’t end up with shit everywhere.

Yes, I've been on a carriage ride in Prague because I could afford it and indeed they do clean up after the horses.    What I'm saying to you, Chis, is if it's good enough for main square in Prague is should it also apply to the B952 ? 

Archived