Large Issue Tuesday

11 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

No. They should be issued with a temporary blue card to park in the disabled bays, as should people with temporary disabilities like broken legs etc.

By the time they'd filled in the forms and got the card the sprog would have dropped out.

14 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

No. They should be issued with a temporary blue card to park in the disabled bays, as should people with temporary disabilities like broken legs etc.

Pregnancy is not a disability.

37 minutes ago, throbber said:

Pregnant women should absolutely be able to park in those spaces . You often see parents park up with kids that are about 12 in parent/child parking spaces which really pisses me off.

What if they're 55 and 33.  Still the Parent and their child.  

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Pregnancy is not a disability.

There's a difference between having a disability and being disabled. 

This thread is asking whether a pregnant woman can park closer to where she is going for a reason. The reason being that she's possibly not able to park too far away.

You see where I'm going with this?

What if they're 55 and 33.  Still the Parent and their child.  

I have jokingly said this before but the entire thing should be about common sense and decency. A woman on her own with a pram should have priority over 2 parents and a five year old that can walk by themselves. Both parents and 2, 10+ year olds who just park there so their big car can fit in easier are more than likely selfish c***s. I don’t actually grudge not being in a mother/child space when both of us are there, it’s easy enough for two people to get a pram out the boot, get the baby in the pram and get into the shop, the spaces should be for people who genuinely need them but like always there are c***s who don’t care about anyone else.

Where can we see these nowadays in the entitled world we inhabit?

A lot of parents probably are alright and don’t act like dicks, all it takes is for one family of entitled arseholes to ruin it for everyone else though.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

A lot of parents probably are alright and don’t act like dicks, all it takes is for one family of entitled arseholes to ruin it for everyone else though.

Probably true, but it only takes one as you say and others follow suit. 

Best thing would be to do away with all such privileges and let everyone fight for themselves - that'll learn em! 

11 hours ago, throbber said:

Pregnant women should absolutely be able to park in those spaces . You often see parents park up with kids that are about 12 in parent/child parking spaces which really pisses me off.

I'd have no problem with a pregnant woman using such spaces.

You do make a good point about people abusing parent and child spaces with older kids - I see it all the time. Along the same lines, I was waiting to board a flight back from USA a few years ago. The announced boarding was starting and called for any passengers travelling with children to come forward. A pompous looking couple marched straight to the front along with their two kids, the youngest of which must have been 14/15. Fair play to the boarding staff, they sent them back looking none too happy. I notice now it is common to quantify such announcements with reference to small children.

3 minutes ago, Northboy said:

I'd have no problem with a pregnant woman using such spaces.

You do make a good point about people abusing parent and child spaces with older kids - I see it all the time. Along the same lines, I was waiting to board a flight back from USA a few years ago. The announced boarding was starting and called for any passengers travelling with children to come forward. A pompous looking couple marched straight to the front along with their two kids, the youngest of which must have been 14/15. Fair play to the boarding staff, they sent them back looking none too happy. I notice now it is common to quantify such announcements with reference to small children.

Sent them back - I'd have sent the cheeky c***s home! 

Archived