Macron Scottish Junior Cup Round 5

glensmad

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A poor match on a poor pitch at beechwood but job done and that’s what it’s about in the cup. Rutherglen are a good side and would finish comfortable in the top league.  our 2 strikers played really well together as well as Glasgow and pope down the left continuing their fine form always were a threat. Good to see shankland getting more minutes after his injury will be a big player for us 2nd half of the season. 

Highly competitive match at Huntershill today which neither club deserved to lose. It was difficult viewing in the first half due to the persistent rain, but Rossvale started well and were the better side in the first twenty minutes. They took an early lead from a well worked corner, although the final shot took a big deflection. Hurlford came more into the game towards the end of the half, with Ross Roberston rattling the bar a few minutes before Div Barron equalised with a low drive after a decent build up.
HT 1-1

5 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Highly competitive match at Huntershill today which neither club deserved to lose. It was difficult viewing in the first half due to the persistent rain, but Rossvale started well and were the better side in the first twenty minutes. They took an early lead from a well worked corner, although the final shot took a big deflection. Hurlford came more into the game towards the end of the half, with Ross Roberston rattling the bar a few minutes before Div Barron equalised with a low drive after a decent build up.
HT 1-1

Overall, I agree the draw was a fair result. Vale pinned back for a period in the 2nd half, but defended well. I thought we had nicked it at the death. As I said the other day, was a good opportunity for us to see how far we have come. We wont play many better teams than Hurlford this season. Onward to the replay next week

Hurlford probably had the better of the second half, but a Liam Caddis overhead kick that clipped the bar was the nearest they came. Looking forward to the replay next week.

A wee word to the facilities at Huntershill. It's not great for spectators, especially when it's pissing down as it was for the first half hour today. However, the Rossvale Committee really make a huge effort under the constraints they have to operate under.

Overall, I agree the draw was a fair result. Vale pinned back for a period in the 2nd half, but defended well. I thought we had nicked it at the death. As I said the other day, was a good opportunity for us to see how far we have come. We wont play many better teams than Hurlford this season. Onward to the replay next week
Yes. Sorry I missed you today, but i left my phone on the bus. Look me up next week.

Just now, ex-german exile said:
2 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Yes. Sorry I missed you today, but i left my phone on the bus. Look me up next week.

Will do. Weather permitting of course

Well done to Auchinleck for making it to yet another Scottish Junior Cup quarter final. This tournament really does mean a lot to the club and its supporters, that was clear to see today.

The Glens played some nice football throughout the match, and perhaps we might have been on to something had Del Esplin scored instead of hitting the outside of the post not long after Smith had pulled a goal back for us. But we didn't cope well with Talbot's more direct approach, particularly the second ball after the flick on from the long balls, and we lost the first two goals because of that. Losing the third goal in the 3rd minute of added time at the end of the first half was a real blow, as we were still in the tie at 2-0.

Overall, though, there's no doubt Talbot deserved the win, and their supporters in the club afterwards showed a real touch of class by generously applauding every player from both sides as they came in for the after-match hospitality, that was very much appreciated.

We are waiting on word from the hospital on the nature of the injury to Kris Gebbie, but he wasn't in a good shape when I helped stretcher him off. Hopefully it was more shock than anything, but he is still in hospital at the moment. We will give an update when it is appropriate.

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Well done to Auchinleck for making it to yet another Scottish Junior Cup quarter final. This tournament really does mean a lot to the club and its supporters, that was clear to see today.

The Glens played some nice football throughout the match, and perhaps we might have been on to something had Del Esplin scored instead of hitting the outside of the post not long after Smith had pulled a goal back for us. But we didn't cope well with Talbot's more direct approach, particularly the second ball after the flick on from the long balls, and we lost the first two goals because of that. Losing the third goal in the 3rd minute of added time at the end of the first half was a real blow, as we were still in the tie at 2-0.

Overall, though, there's no doubt Talbot deserved the win, and their supporters in the club afterwards showed a real touch of class by generously applauding every player from both sides as they came in for the after-match hospitality, that was very much appreciated.

We are waiting on word from the hospital on the nature of the injury to Kris Gebbie, but he wasn't in a good shape when I helped stretcher him off. Hopefully it was more shock than anything, but he is still in hospital at the moment. We will give an update when it is appropriate.

Fair summing up. Glens made a couple of defensive errors that they may have got away with in the Championship but were punished for today.

Did that shot hit the post. it looked to me a fair bit wide and hit the post at the back of the goals that holds the net up

Edit to add: Hope the injured boy is not too badly hurt

Highlights on the way, thanks to Rutherglen for a good match in difficult conditions. Spoke to some folk at half time, the lad collided with the wall, suffered a gash and knock to the knee and went off to the hospital. Hopefully nothing more serious, looked really fecking sore. 

Just watched the highlights there. In the first half the commentary was better than BBC last week! Haha.

Heavy miserable conditions but it looked like on another day it could have been much more for Talbot as they squandered a few chances.

Glensmad, which one of the stretcher bearers were you please?

Just watched the highlights there. In the first half the commentary was better than BBC last week! Haha.
Heavy miserable conditions but it looked like on another day it could have been much more for Talbot as they squandered a few chances.
I was the one wearing the Glencairn hat at the front who took over from the Glencairn coach to allow him to get back into the dugout.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:
5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I was the one wearing the Glencairn hat at the front who took over from the Glencairn coach to allow him to get back into the dugout.

The avatar is a good likeness! I thought you'd have more of a tan with all those holidays you go on.

Good on you for helping out pal. Hope the boy is ok. Looked a sore one right enough.

Archived