Macron Scottish Junior Cup Round 5

glensmad

11 minutes ago, drs said:

So what you are saying is that they arent in a false position at all.

Maybe if you define False Position it might help. They are top of the league they play in because they have more points. I am not really sure what you mean tbh

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Maybe if you define False Position it might help. They are top of the league they play in because they have more points. I am not really sure what you mean tbh

I didnt say they were in a false position that was Jim Baxters.

They were circa the 17th best team in the West last season and are currently circa the 17th best team in the West this season. His statement was flawed.

17 minutes ago, drs said:

I didnt say they were in a false position that was Jim Baxters.

They were circa the 17th best team in the West last season and are currently circa the 17th best team in the West this season. His statement was flawed.

Apologies. I was confused by the False Position statement. 

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

Unfortunately we won't be top of the league by the time we leave Beechwood Park tomorrow, but that's out of our control. Our ultimate destiny for the season is still in our own control though.

28 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Unfortunately we won't be top of the league by the time we leave Beechwood Park tomorrow, but that's out of our control. Our ultimate destiny for the season is still in our own control though.

I think that is fair to say of a few of the top teams. It should be an exciting 2nd half to the season. With nobody in a False Position  ( maybe Rossvale falsely low with their games in hand, maybe move up a couple of places) The cup tomorrow is a welcome weekend to in the case of Glens and Vale a chance to go up against the Cup Finalists from last year

1 minute ago, DanMan said:

I think that is fair to say of a few of the top teams. It should be an exciting 2nd half to the season. With nobody in a False Position  ( maybe Rossvale falsely low with their games in hand, maybe move up a couple of places) The cup tomorrow is a welcome weekend to in the case of Glens and Vale a chance to go up against the Cup Finalists from last year

Best of luck to both Glencairn and Rossvale.  Obviously its going to be very difficult.  Rossvale probably have the better chance of going through because of home advantage.  Love to see you both go through. 

1 minute ago, Satori. said:

Best of luck to both Glencairn and Rossvale.  Obviously its going to be very difficult.  Rossvale probably have the better chance of going through because of home advantage.  Love to see you both go through. 

Cheers Sartori. As I said earlier, going to be some 2nd half to the season. 3 from 6 to go up

Looked to me like what JB was saying is that the gap between the top of the Premiership and the top of the Championship is bigger due to league reconstruction. Although, in terms of the number of teams that is without a doubt true, it's very difficult to determine in quality.

From my point of view, I would rather play a team in the cup from the top league who were losing most weeks than a team from the second tier who were winning most weeks regardless of how many teams were in each division.

Without a doubt Glencairn is a potential banana skin for Talbot, as are Rossvale for ourselves.

12 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Looked to me like what JB was saying is that the gap between the top of the Premiership and the top of the Championship is bigger due to league reconstruction. Although, in terms of the number of teams that is without a doubt true, it's very difficult to determine in quality.

From my point of view, I would rather play a team in the cup from the top league who were losing most weeks than a team from the second tier who were winning most weeks regardless of how many teams were in each division.

Without a doubt Glencairn is a potential banana skin for Talbot, as are Rossvale for ourselves.

Haven't been on for a couple days but the post above is correct. False position was the wrong term to use, I admit. The other point made about Glencairn being 17th best team illustrates well what I meant. I'm saying that before the reshuffle they weren't a top of the league club. The fact they now are is credit to them but makes the tie look trickier now than it would have last season. The plus for Glencairn is that winning regularly brings confidence. 

Is the game likely to be on?

Auchinleck Talbot v Rutherglen Glencairn
Cambuslang Rangers v Troon
Craigmark Burntonians v Lochee United
Girvan v Clydebank
Kilwinning Rangers v Thornton Hibs
Largs Thistle v St Roch's
Pollok v Rosyth
Rossvale v Hurlford United

Your thoughts ?

Talbot
Troon
Lochee
Clydebank
Buffs
Largs
Pollok
Ford

Two rubs of the buddha today, Glensmad?
Enjoy the match pal.
I'm genuinely just intending to enjoy the occasion. Whatever happens happens. Promotion is our big focus, so we can have days like today more often.

I expect Tucker will have hammered home the point that this is the most important competition Talbot are in.If the boys are enjoying the senior cup run, and the committe counting the pennies accumulating from said run, then winning the junior cup gets them qualified for  next seasons senior cup again.In my opinion the junior cup looks more viable than over turning Hurlfords lead in the league, so i think Talbot will freshen up today with Shanks and Keir and Waite all starting and Whitey in midfield.Rutherglen will provide a stiff test today and we must match their intensity from start to finish, a replay would not surprise me today as Talbot put in some effort last week, they could be physically and mentally drained,maybe 1-1 today,  though an extra game is the last thing Talbot need.

Archived