Macron Scottish Junior Cup Round 5

glensmad

7 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

We have a few players out for Saturday and Largs will be big big favourites.

Although we would not fret about one player being on holiday - that is just daft talk - weather that individual (in your opinion) is our "best player" or not.

We will give it our best shot and looking forward to the challenge.

Is there a supporters bus leaving from   St Rochs

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I'll say on this Talbot V Rutherglen game is that we better be wary of Rutherglen this weekend.

They'll be up for the kill and we need to be on our game.

The Ayr celebrations are done and by with so I hope we have something in the tank.

Very dangerous game for us imho

I've got a bad feeling about this game.
Hopefully players will be focused on this game and not have their eyes on the Hearts game.

I've got a bad feeling about this game.

Hopefully players will be focused on this game and not have their eyes on the Hearts game.

Totally agree Andy. Big banana skin and a potential set up for a fall.

Lose this and we are OUT the Scottish.

So lets not be arrogant and take this game for granted.

The Glens are a very good outfit

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

There is absolutely no pressure on us on Saturday. We'll go there and give it our best shot and see what happens. Promotion is far more important for us at the moment.

Aye right:whistle

10 hours ago, Mr Prez said:

Aye right:whistle

Honestly Tam, that's my opinion. It would be great to win on Saturday and we would absolutely love it, but realistically we know we are huge underdogs.

We want to be playing teams like this every week, though, and if we get promoted that will be the reality for us.

Promotion is far from a certainty at the moment, so our league match against Kello Rovers a week on Saturday is far more important to me personally than this Saturday's cup tie at Auchinleck.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Honestly Tam, that's my opinion. It would be great to win on Saturday and we would absolutely love it, but realistically we know we are huge underdogs.

We want to be playing teams like this every week, though, and if we get promoted that will be the reality for us.

Promotion is far from a certainty at the moment, so our league match against Kello Rovers a week on Saturday is far more important to me personally than this Saturday's cup tie at Auchinleck

Wull see

17 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Totally agree Andy. Big banana skin and a potential set up for a fall.

Lose this and we are OUT the Scottish.

So lets not be arrogant and take this game for granted.

The Glens are a very good outfit

Can only see the Ayr victory kicking yous guys on another level.  Watching the game back on tv after getting home from Largs , Yous guys weren’t even at your best on sat against Ayr and won that’s worrying. Guys with the quality like shankland and samson can’t even get a game for yous have strength in depth and that’s why I think yous will win most this season. 

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

The bookies odds of 1/6 for Talbot and  6/1 for Glencairn, with a draw at 7/1, are pretty realistic this week.

Has it captured the imagination of your fans? Will there be a reasonable away support down for the game?

For me Glencairn, although doing well this season, are in a slightly false position due to last season's reconstruction. Been a top 5 team in the championship for a few years and the extra teams going up has put them on top this year. Having said that, a lot was said about Talbot's winning mentality helping them last week so Glencairn have that going for them too.

Also, it's been a while since they've played each other so past results are meaningless imo. Talbot on form will be too strong. 

14 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

For me Glencairn, although doing well this season, are in a slightly false position due to last season's reconstruction. Been a top 5 team in the championship for a few years and the extra teams going up has put them on top this year. Having said that, a lot was said about Talbot's winning mentality helping them last week so Glencairn have that going for them too.

Also, it's been a while since they've played each other so past results are meaningless imo. Talbot on form will be too strong. 

Sorry but I really don’t understand your reasoning most points in the league best goal difference only team to beat us this year in the league (deservingly) Rossvale and what last year has do with this year I don’t get 

14 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

For me Glencairn, although doing well this season, are in a slightly false position due to last season's reconstruction. Been a top 5 team in the championship for a few years and the extra teams going up has put them on top this year. 

So what you are saying is that they arent in a false position at all.

Archived