West of Scotland 5th Round Draw

8 Bit

Looking forward to Oban Saints Vs Shortlees tomorrow in the second semi. Going to manage to go to this one.

Shortlees beat Oban 4-2 last year. Hopefully a better result this time as the Oban team is much improved on last year.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/04/2019 at 00:00, eyeswideopen15 said:
On 03/04/2019 at 23:31, JBAFC said:
St Pats Are pish, oban and shortlees no much better, absolute gangs. 

While I agree Shortlees are the definition of a gang. I dont think anyone associated with the club will take offence to that term tho as this GANG are also a very very good football team. Are they as pleasing on the eye as, say bannockburn, no. Not a chance in hell. However their gang like attributes of battling passion and fighting for each other are things that u just cant "BUY" and has seen then wipe the floor with better footballing teams than themselves. Oh and btw that gang likely have one of the best discipline records in the amatuer game in the last 3 seasons.

Ffs how yi no that the ayrshire times gossip b!tch 

14 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

Shortlees have 8 men?

Saints got one sent off and Shortlees two. Though one of Shortlees was a player who had been subbed off and was sitting on the bench.

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:59, 8 Bit said:

Saints got one sent off and Shortlees two. Though one of Shortlees was a player who had been subbed off and was sitting on the bench.

Didn't think there was much in any of the sending offs, thought Ref could maybe dealt with that a bit better.

Good result for Oban though. 

two teams seemed nervous which is always going to happen at that stage . thought the ref handled the game well up till the flash point thought he got the oban one def wrong and the shortlees was maybe for the kick and the confrontation after .but couple of bookings would of been suffice.think bannockburn will be favorites but hope oban as a club win it   

2 hours ago, Stucafu said:

Didn't think there was much in any of the sending offs, thought Ref could maybe dealt with that a bit better.

Good result for Oban though. 

Aye the first two sendings off were just a bit of pushing. That kind of thing often happens in tight cup games. Ref without aid of linesmen often just plays on after things calm down, at worse a yellow card each. 

It was a pretty clean game played in a good spirit. The second sending off for Shortlees, the player in the dugout, I presume was for something said to the forth official?

I thought Knapp, Quigley and Gold were good for Shortlees in the first half. Credit to Oban for mostly keeping them quiet in the second half.

Oban have improved a lot since last year. Bigger squad,fitter, good solid all-round team with some good individual players. They try to pass the ball and are usually entertaining to watch.

Looking forward to the final. 

35 minutes ago, 8 Bit said:

Aye the first two sendings off were just a bit of pushing. That kind of thing often happens in tight cup games. Ref without aid of linesmen often just plays on after things calm down, at worse a yellow card each. 

It was a pretty clean game played in a good spirit. The second sending off for Shortlees, the player in the dugout, I presume was for something said to the forth official?

I thought Knapp, Quigley and Gold were good for Shortlees in the first half. Credit to Oban for mostly keeping them quiet in the second half.

Oban have improved a lot since last year. Bigger squad,fitter, good solid all-round team with some good individual players. They try to pass the ball and are usually entertaining to watch.

Looking forward to the final. 

a take it the oban player will be out for final sore one if that sending off costs a player to miss out .yeah oban contained them well in my opinion very good defensive performance all round and could of sneaked another at the other end 

Player wont miss final. League will help with that and rightly so. Maybe not if they are leaving them mind you..

sending offs could have been avoided and shortlees lost their cool after knapp left the pitch like a panto villian 

Archived