West of Scotland 5th Round Draw

8 Bit

Oban Saints AFC (SAFL) vs Neilston AFC (SAFL) or South Lochaber Thistle AFC (GGPAFL) 
Hurlford AFC (Ayrshire AFA) or Goldenhill AFC (SAFL)  vs Cambria AFC (CALE) or East Kilbride Y.M. AFC (CALE) 
Glasgow University AFC (CALE)  vs Irvine Meadow AFC (Ayrshire AFA) 
Southside AFC (SSMAFL)  vs Crookston Castle AFC (GGPAFL) 
Dumbarton Academy FP AFC (CALE) vs Third Lanark AFC (CSAFL)  
Strathclyde University AFC (CALE) or Harestanes AFC (CSAFL)  vs St. Patrick's FP AFC (CSAFL) 
East Dunbartonshire AFC (SSMAFL) vs Shortlees AFC (Ayrshire AFA) 
Colville Park E AFC (CSAFL) or Bannockburn AFC (CSAFL)  vs Tynecastle AFC (SSMAFL)

Ties played on Sat 16th February

Edited by 8 Bit

1 hour ago, The golden child said:

Shortlees will never get an easier tie than this to progress to the next round east Dumbarton good Saturday morning team but the lees will have to much quality for them imo

Clearly haven't seen much of the Lees lately then. I have seen them in 3 of their last 4 games and have yet too see any quality. Their defence is an absolute riot 

13 hours ago, The Mouth said:

Tough tie for shortlees by looks of it. East dunbartonshire top of the ssmafl prem unbeaten

12 hours ago, The golden child said:

Shortlees will never get an easier tie than this to progress to the next round east Dumbarton good Saturday morning team but the lees will have to much quality for them imo

The joys of a forum summed up in two successive posts.

Shaping up to be a very strong last 8.

1 hour ago, leftfootwand said:

Just another Saturday morning team being beaten before a ball is kicked Tut Tut

Exactly. I’d be keeping my “ mouth “ shut about sat morning sides seeing what southside are doing in the scottish so far. UB united also knocked shortlees out last year at roughly the same stage. Take nothing for granted. Probably another thistle man on bigging the lees up so the fall looks much worse.

Tough tie for shortlees well it is the last 16 of the west don’t think the boys were expecting a team to get this far the be a walkover and don’t think think the east Dumbartonshire players will be celebrating cause they’ve got shortlees thinking it will be easy game billy and co will do there homework and the best team on the day will win gl

Tough tie for shortlees well it is the last 16 of the west don’t think the boys were expecting a team to get this far the be a walkover and don’t think think the east Dumbartonshire players will be celebrating cause they’ve got shortlees thinking it will be easy game billy and co will do there homework and the best team on the day will win gl

I'm out of breath reading that.

On 22/01/2019 at 19:42, The golden child said:

East Dunbartonshire are no mugs and have some very decent players..i will go for a shock result 3-2 to East D.