West of Scotland 5th Round Draw

8 Bit

49 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I thought the ref had a good game aswell, hard games to ref cause it’s a hundred miles per 

1 hour ago, BigSmasher1 said:

For me it should have been a red. However, I thought the ref had a pretty good game despite this incident.
Good show of discipline from BBurn to get on with it and dig deep to get the result they wanted.

I cant say a ref who lets punches go had a decent game. Got the penalty correct but no point in that if you are letting blatant assaults go.

But fair comment banny done well to ignore yet another howling red  card being ignored.

In the other 4th round tie not mentioned yet Neilston beat South Lochaber thistle 2-1 after extra time.

Leaves the 5th round draw looking like this:

Oban Saints (SAFL) vs Neilston (SAFL) 
Goldenhill (SAFL)  vs Cambria (CALE)
Glasgow University (CALE)  vs Irvine Meadow (Ayrshire AFA) 
Southside (SSMAFL)  vs Crookston Castle (GGPAFL) 
Dumbarton Academy FP (CALE) vs Third Lanark (CSAFL)  
Harestanes (CSAFL)  vs St. Patrick's FP  (CSAFL) 
East Dunbartonshire (SSMAFL) vs Shortlees  (Ayrshire AFA) 
Bannockburn AFC (CSAFL)  vs Tynecastle AFC (SSMAFL)

20 hours ago, BigSmasher1 said:

Talk about a licking.
BBurn doing serious bits and dumping the CP gang out the west.
DG10 could keep a beach ball off the Colville centre backs in a phone box.

MonEhBurn

Watched the last two games not much between the teams but in reference to the cp gang comments I think you should take a long hard look at the geriatric gangsters on the bb side line a disgrace to the club . Didn’t see such actions from cp side line who didn’t react at all to the pish  and peanut brigade who follow bb well deserved win by bb why not enjoy without your moronic comments

Watched the last two games not much between the teams but in reference to the cp gang comments I think you should take a long hard look at the geriatric gangsters on the bb side line a disgrace to the club . Didn’t see such actions from cp side line who didn’t react at all to the pish  and peanut brigade who follow bb well deserved win by bb why not enjoy without your moronic comments

“Moronic comments” about calling CP a gang, what’s your reply? Calling the BBurn sideline gangster. Class, couldn’t write it.

The win was enjoyed mate and with it comes a bit of banter, I wouldn’t take the comments on here too serious... I mean I don’t literally think DG could keep a beach ball off someone in a phone box.

Just look forward to another good game next ae

Guest Mick Kennedy
16 minutes ago, BigSmasher1 said:

“Moronic comments” about calling CP a gang, what’s your reply? Calling the BBurn sideline gangster. Class, couldn’t write it.

The win was enjoyed mate and with it comes a bit of banter, I wouldn’t take the comments on here too serious... I mean I don’t literally think DG could keep a beach ball off someone in a phone box.

Just look forward to another good game next ae

You should enjoy the win mate, so much so it made you create a profile soon as you got home you were that excited. I wonder where you’ve been for the last 6-7 years tho. 

We are many things but not a gang,  as I said deserved win. Maybe sure Saturday will be another difficult game fir us but that what it’s all about. 

4 hours ago, Amofan1 said:

Agreed. Some right wallopers on banny sidelines. Poor shouts yesterday. 

• 3 weeks later...

Big west ties this week. Who do you fancy? Banny, East Dunbarton to provide a shock, Goldenhill, St.Patricks, Southside, Dumbarton and Oban

Banny v Tynecastle

East Dunbartonshire v Shortlees

Goldenhill v Cambria

Harestanes v St.Patricks

Southside ssml v Crookston

Dumbarton v Third Lanark

Oban Saints v Neilston

Big west ties this week. Who do you fancy? Banny, East Dunbarton to provide a shock, Goldenhill, St.Patricks, Southside, Dumbarton and Oban
Banny v Tynecastle
Goldenhill v Cambria
Harestanes v St.Patricks
Dumbarton v Third Lanark
Oban Saints v Neilston

Bannockburn 3-1 tynecastle
East dunbartonshire 1-3 Shortlees
Goldenhill 2-0 cambria
Hatsetanes 2-2 st Pat's
Southside 3-0 crookston
Dumbarton 1-1 third lanark
Oban 3v 1 Neilston

Goldenhill wont be far away, very pacey going forward. Not sure who they have signed recently, Crazy Feet may be able to fill us in? 

Its wide open to be honest, fancied St Pats and if they can get past harestanes id make them slight faves just ahead of bburn amd goldenhill.

Banny v Tynecastle
Goldenhill v Cambria
Harestanes v St.Patricks
Dumbarton v Third Lanark
Oban Saints v Neilston

Harestanes deservedly beat St Pats a couple of weeks ago down in Dumbarton. They kept the Saints main men very quiet and if they do that again can see them getting the win. Hopefully the Saints and Accies both get through and give us a chance on a local derby in the latter stages.

15 minutes ago, dumbarton82 said:
4 hours ago, BarmyAmmy said:
Banny v Tynecastle
Goldenhill v Cambria
Harestanes v St.Patricks
Dumbarton v Third Lanark
Oban Saints v Neilston

Harestanes deservedly beat St Pats a couple of weeks ago down in Dumbarton. They kept the Saints main men very quiet and if they do that again can see them getting the win. Hopefully the Saints and Accies both get through and give us a chance on a local derby in the latter stages.

Straightforward win for the Accies?? 

Third Lanark seem to be going well in there league and on a bit of a run at moment. 

Straightforward win for the Accies?? 
Third Lanark seem to be going well in there league and on a bit of a run at moment. 
Accies are a tough team to play against, particularly at home so reckon they will have enough to get by. Will prob take this match in so hopefully it's a good one

Can only comment on teams I’ve seen play fairly recently and in that respect I’d go shortlees, goldenhill and oban all to win. The much raved about bannockburn should get through going by some comments on here. Dont know much about the rest other than dumbarton academy, st pats, harestanes and southside being apparently good

16 hours ago, BarmyAmmy said:

Banny v Tynecastle

Goldenhill v Cambria

Harestanes v St.Patricks

Dumbarton v Third Lanark

Oban Saints v Neilston

Some cracking ties, as you would expect at this stage of the competition.

Bannockburn, Shortlees, Goldenhill (aet), St Pats (aet), Southside, Dumbarton, Oban Saints. Glasgow Uni to see off Irvine next week.

Good luck to all teams involved.

Accies are a tough team to play against, particularly at home so reckon they will have enough to get by. Will prob take this match in so hopefully it's a good one
Yeah I will prob take this in also. Watched the Accies a few times this season and although in my opinion they are not the force of last season but still a very good side who will cause anyone they play problems.