Emiliano Sala & the missing plane

DutchBorderer

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Just heard a bizarre Whatsapp audio message from Sala sent to family and friends in Argentina during the flight. I can't find a transcript of it anywhere but it started with, "I'm dead", followed by him sounding pissed off about things then went on about the plane falling apart and people having to come searching for him as if he was resigned to crashing. He finished by saying "I'm scared, dad". Eery as f**k. 

Apparently the plane was owned by the exceptionally unlikeable football agent, Willie McKay.

His dad played a recording on Sky Sports News, don't know if it's the same one but it could well be genuine. 

Sad news that.

However' now is the time for the football banter accounts on Twitter to  shine and make up some rubbish about a player or team donating money to the guys family in the quest for some numbers.

4 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Wasn't expecting the backlash that's unfolded since Guernsey Police's announcement. Folk trying to compare this to Madeline McCann ffs. 

To be fair she's also lying dead at the bottom of the sea

You have to feel for his sister with her still clinging to the belief that he's still alive. The search being called off is obviously too much for her.
Mind you, the relentless marketing machine that the EPL is, I would only be slightly surprised to see him named in Cardiff's starting 11 next week, with the big reveal that he landed in Cardiff after all.

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Mind you, the relentless virtue signalling machine that the EPL is, I would only be slightly surprised to see him named in Cardiff's starting 11 next week, with a still-alive forward subbed on in the 28th minute (because Sala was 28 years old) to a round of applause and a single prop airplane flying overhead with a banner listing each of the channel islands

FTFY

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit cringey?

0_Tributes-Are-Made-To-Cardiff-Citys-Mis

Spoiler

y3mVYwA.jpg

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

16 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Wasn't expecting the backlash that's unfolded since Guernsey Police's announcement. Folk trying to compare this to Madeline McCann ffs. 

I've seen it as well. How can people possibly compare the 2 cases? Other than the reasons of disappearance being completely different, they are comparing a decision from Guernsey Police to one of the UK Home Office... :unsure:

2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

FTFY

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit cringey?

0_Tributes-Are-Made-To-Cardiff-Citys-Mis

To be fair to Warnock, he did get them promoted. 

In all seriousness, I do agree with you, saw a lad on the news crying his eyes out. He didn't play a single minute for Cardiff, whilst obviously it's a horrific thing to happen, some folk are addicted to grief. 

5 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

In all seriousness, I do agree with you, saw a lad on the news crying his eyes out. He didn't play a single minute for Cardiff, whilst obviously it's a horrific thing to happen, some folk are addicted to grief. 

Cardiff Out-Celtverpooling Celtverpool with that display.

Some effort tbf.

12 hours ago, Marten said:

I've seen it as well. How can people possibly compare the 2 cases? Other than the reasons of disappearance being completely different, they are comparing a decision from Guernsey Police to one of the UK Home Office... :unsure:

I shouldn't be surprised people don't know the difference between a single prop plane having crashed into the sea and a criminal inquiry involving the kidnapping of a minor, but then I probably give folk too much credit anyway.

Edited by DutchBorderer

I shouldn't be surprised people don't know the difference between a single prop plane having crashed into the sea and a criminal inquiry involving the kidnapping of a minor, but then I probably give folk too much credit anyway.

Happy to be corrected but I’m also pretty sure they aren’t still searching for Maddie? They are just trying to investigate what/how it happened.

This will obviously still be going on with the Sala crash and will continue as long as it needs to.

26 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Happy to be corrected but I’m also pretty sure they aren’t still searching for Maddie? They are just trying to investigate what/how it happened.

This will obviously still be going on with the Sala crash and will continue as long as it needs to.

My post referred to JamieStevenson's earlier post and the fact that the goon squad on Twitter is outraged that they quit searching for Sala after just a handful of days, whereas McCann had a much longer period of the area being combed for her.

Of course, that's wholly bypassing the fact that you'll survive four to five hours at most drifting about in the sea at this time of year, whilst there were no immediate clues to suggest McCann had died - the comparison is apples and pears.

Messi also got in on the debate, asking for searches to resume;

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

11 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Can only imagine what will happen the next time Cardiff play Leicester. The media will be loving it.

14 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

Like to think I can speak a bit of Spanish so here goes:

"Believe in all possibilities. Have you seen esperanza and the moped please? #NoDejenDeBuscar Emiliano ...[?]... friends and family"

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

My post referred to JamieStevenson's earlier post and the fact that the goon squad on Twitter is outraged that they quit searching for Sala after just a handful of days, whereas McCann had a much longer period of the area being combed for her.
Of course, that's wholly bypassing the fact that you'll survive four to five hours at most drifting about in the sea at this time of year, whilst there were no immediate clues to suggest McCann had died - the comparison is apples and pears.
Messi also got in on the debate, asking for searches to resume;
?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f%26quality=0.7&key=677125adf954b08a5776449e0d57ddc89fdc88a8ec6e25312cc62feb58b2edea

I know the post you were referring to. I was having a go at the guy who made the tweet and not suggesting you thought that. I totally agree with what you have said.

It’s a sign of the times where people like messi etc are more of a popular opinion rather that the actual experts on these situations.

One group actually know what they are on about and are getting hounded for it and the average person, in the searching for planes area of expertise, are seen as some sort of idol