Atmosphere at games.

3 hours ago, IainMorton said:

For me it comes down to how close both sets of fans are situated. At Cappielow the atmosphere is a million times better if the away fans are in the Shed beside the home fans, or in the WDE behind the goal. However if there are 70 away fans in the main stand the atmosphere is awful unless the game is decent.

People said that through rose-tinted nostalgia when trying to get the club to bring away fans back into the Cowshed. Which they did. The atmosphere is exactly the same as it was before though, other than for a handful of people exchanging shit #bantz across a pathetic piece of tarpaulin. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that annoys me with EEP is that most of the noise is generated by the North West and because of the design of the roof the noise just goes straight up and is lost, other stadia have roofs that project it on the pitch. I don't think that being so far from the away fans helps much either.

I don't really buy that argument that beer would help, 1, its always freezing in the stand and 2, you'd need crack to be optimistic about the pars this season

On 22/01/2019 at 10:24, Comrie said:

This thread needs to sit down and stop spoling it for others.

Although a joke he's right.

Sat at many games and watched the stewards/police pay particular attention to any group who look to be trying to sing/stand/enjoy themselves.

Special mention to Tayside police who threw out our young team once b4 KO at Tannadice.

To be fair they did commit the barbaric crime of standing b4 the game started.

It's something of a brilliant irony that people are actually paid to kill atmosphere and throw out people who pay their wages and give them a job.

On 22/01/2019 at 12:59, Bairn Necessities said:

I thought the Hibs playoff game at TFS was an excellent atmosphere. Up there with most Brockville experiences.

You're not allowed to say that.

Official line is every game at  Brockville was amazing and every game at TFS is terrible and the place is soulless.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

You're not allowed to say that.

Official line is every game at  Brockville was amazing and every game at TFS is terrible and the place is soulless.

There's definitely a lot of misty eyed reminiscence.

I preferred Brockville to TFS but the atmosphere at most games was pretty shit. 

It really came to life for me in midweek games under the lights. 

Half of the folk are too concerned with checking their coupon and giving running commentaries on scores at every other ground to even care about what's going on right in front of them.

This does my head in. Score updates with games in the same league are understandable but when c***s start mentioning about English championship scores my big head goes into meltdown. Some Jeff Stelling wannabe is going to get a hot piping Bovril to the heed one of these days.

54 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

What about the atmosphere at  Auchinleck v Ayr picked up on live tv was special, fans  close to pitch and each other was brilliant.Talbot will take 2500 to Hearts and create another great atmosphere as long as the home fans turn out.

Going to get a ticket for the home end and hoping for the same.

Archived