Atmosphere at games.

Why do people go on an away game (in general my gripe here), sing in the pub but then get to the ground and don't transfer that boisterous atmosphere to the game unless theres an early goal?

Is it a Pars thing? We have loads of people that will go to away games and the pub will be absolutely bouncing, for it to immediately deflate as soon as the game starts. It's like people blow themselves up before the game has even begun.

In Germany there's always a hefty atmosphere in the away end despite the scoreline it seems. Why can't we have that here? Don't tell me seats are a reason, that's a pish cop-out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

No for team that has been at the top of the league and have a fantastic away support that normally sing for 90mins some time the atmosphere at Somerset feels realy flat, normally I'm in the family stand so maybe that's why.

The atmosphere at away games has been shite too. 

The atmosphere at away games has been shite too. 
TBH I don't get to many away games just the 2 this season so only going but what read online, going without my daughter on Friday so will be interesting to see if the atmosphere on the terrace/SRE is any better, after Friday I doubt it though.

Well that’s clearly not true. The atmosphere at home is dire however the away atmosphere is very dece. 

I would say the two games down in Dumfries and Dundee away in the cup were pretty good.

The home games are always pretty shite until we start winning.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would say the two games down in Dumfries and Dundee away in the cup were pretty good.

The home games are always pretty shite until we start winning.

Would say the home atmosphere collapsed when the Ragazzi fell out with the club and its never really recovered. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

In Germany there's always a hefty atmosphere in the away end despite the scoreline it seems. Why can't we have that here? Don't tell me seats are a reason, that's a pish cop-out.

Simple answer to that is that we just don't have the same culture. Germans (and Italians, Serbians, Austrians etc.) take themselves and their ultra groups very seriously, and you wouldn't be allowed to just go and stand with them. It's all very choreographed and, having been to a few games, frankly repetitive. Half the time they're not even responding to what's going on out on the pitch, just bouncing and singing. At a certain point, it must just become background noise for the players.

In Scotland, people are more self-aware/don't want the piss taken out of them for bouncing up and down for 90 minutes.

Usually a great atmosphere  at ayr away games .I think alcohol has a part too play in it . As for home atmosphere shooting second half into the sre needing a goal the atmosphere can be electric.you hear a lot of people on various forums moaning that it's flat and want a big sing song .but don't bother there arse too sing .if it's not the usual 20 ,30 boys starting songs you hear nothing .

29 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Simple answer to that is that we just don't have the same culture. Germans (and Italians, Serbians, Austrians etc.) take themselves and their ultra groups very seriously, and you wouldn't be allowed to just go and stand with them. It's all very choreographed and, having been to a few games, frankly repetitive. Half the time they're not even responding to what's going on out on the pitch, just bouncing and singing. At a certain point, it must just become background noise for the players.

In Scotland, people are more self-aware/don't want the piss taken out of them for bouncing up and down for 90 minutes.

Aye I'd rather take part in spontenous and heart felt response to what's going on during okay than being shouted at by some coke head with a megaphone. 

Maybe because the quality is absolutely dire? The atmosphere at Starks was amazing until about 5-10 minutes in when everyone remembered how terrible we are. The crowd were pretty supportive at Tannadice last week as well, despite being given nothing to cheer about.

I'd probably be a lot happier if I was paying Bundesliga entry prices for top quality football. Instead we pay the same or more for absolute garbage most weeks. Scottish clubs are lucky there are so many of us idiots left paying these daft prices.

I think also it’s mostly down to numbers. Clubs at our level (and about half in the level above) have fairly small supports, so the comparison to the Bundesliga (or even the top two tiers of any of the big European leagues) are a bit irrelevant. Easier to get a good atmosphere in an away crowd of 5000 than 500.

Atmosphere at Thistle games was great home and away in our last promotion season, and then for a few seasons in the top flight as well. Singing most of the games.

It's all died right on its arse these last couple of years, though. Which is totally understandable.

Archived