Brechin v Raith

It’s kind of like a “let’s all laugh at Raith Rovers” it’s cute in a way. Whatever happened to that thread, or was it “we hate Raith Rovers thread”

Can't speak for others, but I'm only commenting because of the shite I had to read after our 1-1 draw in October

Super John McGlynn!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic once again on the road. Honestly the attitude of this team is shocking. Players thinking they just need to turn up and win. Completely soft centre with a central midfield to can just never control a game.

We seem so easy to defend against. Teams just need to sit off us, let us take 10 mins of sideways passing before lumping it into the box and then bring countered. How many times have we conceded goals like Brechin's 2nd today? Yes it was a massive mistake by the officials but you play to the whistle and we seem to have a group of players who once they lose the ball can't be arsed running back to defend.

Flannigan powderpuff once again, Gillespie played with the composure of a toddler, Davidson bullied by Jackson and our strikers man marshalled by an excellent Toshney. That was the player today who we voted our player of the season not the donkey who's been at Dundee Utd.

McGlynn has to take a huge amount of blame as well. We're needing a goal and he keeps on Wedderburn who was sitting as deep as Davo and Bene when you have a striker on the bench.

Today we were slow, ponderous and arrogant and got exactly what we deserved.

4 hours ago, tigger said:

So Brechin only list 3 subs. One a goalie. Sounds familiar. Sounds a bit like us from earlier in the season when Smith was naming a short bench. Has to be something to do with his training methods.

Get it up you you bitter b*****d. 

3 signings made when they were most needed. Something that was denied him at Starks when he knew the team wasn't good enough.  That's why he left a rather poor  full time side  who should be achieving better.  

3 signings made when they were most needed. Something that was denied him at Starks when he knew the team wasn't good enough.  That's why he left a rather poor  full time side  who should be achieving better.  

The team that he created full of poor signings wasn’t good enough so he wanted more money?

He was rightfully denied the money.

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

To be fair to the board, Smiths track record with signings was not good at all, and he used up a full time budget making poor signings and assembling a squad that was dreadfully unbalanced. He couldn't really be trusted with any more money. 

Why were you at our game today when your team was playing just 15/20 mins up the road?
Mates a Brechin fan i agreed to go months ago without checking fixtures as I live in Musselburgh and see aways mainly.....Man of my word and all that. See u at Starks on Sat though.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

To be fair to the board, Smiths track record with signings was not good at all, and he used up a full time budget making poor signings and assembling a squad that was dreadfully unbalanced. He couldn't really be trusted with any more money. 

f**k , he was only there for part of a season and he was slated for his signings ?   .......Nothing at all to do with the monkey in charge before him ?     :lol:   

What about the messiah who was brought in to sort it all out ? 

Sorry but the criticism of Barry is just an excuse for a team who are trying desperately to maintain full time status with a part time budget. 

Mates a Brechin fan i agreed to go months ago without checking fixtures as I live in Musselburgh and see aways mainly.....Man of my word and all that. See u at Starks on Sat though.
I live in wallyford. We should start our own "our teams are stuck in the seaside league forever" club [emoji16][emoji16]. I'm a Raith fan for my sins.

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

f**k , he was only there for part of a season and he was slated for his signings ?   .......Nothing at all to do with the monkey in charge before him ?     :lol:   

Sorry but the criticism of Barry is just an excuse for a team who are trying desperately to maintain full time status with a part time budget. 

I don't know when you think Smith was appointed, but he came in before the start of last season. He assembled a squad that failed to win promotion, and assembled an even worse one afterwards. 

McGlynn has struggled, actually quite badly, but the stand out poor performers are those he inherited. 

f**k , he was only there for part of a season and he was slated for his signings ?   .......Nothing at all to do with the monkey in charge before him ?     [emoji38]   
Barry....is that you?

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Are you a bit of a rocket?

Archived