Brechin v Raith

22 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dougie Hill’s tackle on Flanagan is a fucking shocker, he then get up and has a go at him as he’s lying on the ground. First goal Robbie should save, poppadom wrists. Second goal as I’ve already said should never be allowed to get that far. If the referee doesn’t see Murray lying on the ground then fair enough but what the f**k is the linesman on the side doing? Why is he not telling the referee there’s a head knock? Awful, awful officiating.

I think Vaughan’s studs to get caught in the turf. If that’s the case it’s likely ACL or MCL. I’m praying for good news but I can’t help but think this is going to be yet another lengthy spell on the injury table. He cannot catch a fucking break, so gutted for him.

Don't know what point you are trying to make with the tackle.  Hill was rightly booked for it and it looks as if he is apologising . Burns also looks as if he is making sure Flanagan is ok. 

First goal the keeper sees it late as Smith is behind the defender when he flicks it in . He did well to actually get down to it. 

The second goal was classic counter attack football.  Perhaps the lino was following play as well , or maybe he didn't think the challenge was serious . Who knows ?    The goal stood . 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hill's tackle was a red card all day long.  Can't believe he got away with a yellow. 

Don't think there was much in the penalty shout, obviously the ref/linesman haven't realised it's a head knock or they would have pulled it back.  It's about time we got a lucky break though.

17 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Sorry time flies . It seems only yesterday that we denied you a chance of promotion ! :lol:

Yeah and how did the following season work out for you was it a fun watch?

Brechin were a total and utter waste of space, bit like you on here really.

16 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Yeah and how did the following season work out for you was it a fun watch?

Brechin were a total and utter waste of space, bit like you on here really.

It was at times , brutal sometimes too,  but we just got on with it.   

We are now rebuilding at a level we are comfortable at. ...............A bit like Rovers in a way . ;)

38 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

I think hill gets ball and it hits burns

No he slid in after and didn’t even touch the ball I was right behind the goals , As for the lead up to the second Brechin goal penalty all day for me a very clumsy tackle however if the Ref doesn’t award a penalty the game has to stop for a head knock oops sorry I’m wrong the game was stopped but only after Brechin scored approx 40 seconds later personally I don’t understand the rules because every time I’ve witnessed a head knock the game is stopped immediately but as I say I don’t understand the rules. Back to the game full credit to Brechin fully deserved the victory with some classic counter attack football against a very naive Rovers side who also lacked any fight, determination or imagination  throughout there performance. Just a waste of time and money again to witness a very poor performance and for once I haven’t a clue what game John Mcglynn was watching claiming his team put every effort in sorry John they didn’t remember we weren’t playing in the Red shirts. 

I don’t know what the Rovers do in training but the free kicks , corners and shys were abysmal all day and they can’t use the pitch as an excuse as both teams had to play in the same conditions but it comes down to the same arguement these so called full time professionals just aren’t good enough and I see no difference between us and the other teams in the league which is hugely disappointing considering it will be costing Rovers a few Bob staying full time and promotion is out the window now

3 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The ball goes backwards which maybe suggests that Hill gets the ball first.   Not as simple as you suggest. 

He was passing the ball to Duggan at the edge of the box and was cleaned out after playing the ball it rebounded off the Brechin player that’s why it went back the way. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter but it just a few decisions I feel the Ref got wrong 

Don't know what point you are trying to make with the tackle.  Hill was rightly booked for it and it looks as if he is apologising . Burns also looks as if he is making sure Flanagan is ok. 
First goal the keeper sees it late as Smith is behind the defender when he flicks it in . He did well to actually get down to it. 
The second goal was classic counter attack football.  Perhaps the lino was following play as well , or maybe he didn't think the challenge was serious . Who knows ?    The goal stood . 

Firstly you could clearly see and hear at the time Hill having a go at Flannigan and basically telling him to get up. I have a lot of time for Dougie and he was fantastic for us but we've seen first hand he has a real nasty streak in him and that tackle yesterday was exactly that. Could easily have been a red.

The second goal...it doesn't matter if it was serious challenge or not, it was a clear head injury and it's absolutely shocking that neither the ref nor hedge side linesman stopped play. It's absolutely basic stuff and if they can't deal with it they shouldn't be officiating any level of the game.

No complaints about the result but the ref had a few big decisions to make yesterday and got all of them wrong, and not for the first time in his career.

Archived