Brechin v Raith

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, grumswall said:
16 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:
Roaring  back ?  emoji38.png Naw . 

OK then, what if I did have learning difficulties or a disability? Your happy to essentially ridicule that? One of our fans was quite rightly pulled up about that after our last game.

Sober up and stop being so stupid ,  I will not be replying to any post you put on this site anymore , you really are MAD  . go away .

4 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Why were you at our game today when your team was playing just 15/20 mins up the road?

Mates a Brechin fan i agreed to go months ago without checking fixtures as I live in Musselburgh and see aways mainly.....Man of my word and all that. See u at Starks on Sat though.

You bringing ur brechin mate?

After watching the highlights I can’t see where mcglynn sees that you should have been more up at half time, also the highlights of the second half shows that for most of the ball tgat raith had we had by far the better chances, also duggans penalty shout is much more of a shout than I thought, I do think he thew himself at Sinclair but I’ve seen them given, I think we are a much better team now than the start of the season and I’m hoping wE can have a really strong end to the season , positive is we have Robertson both tapping brothers and Mcgeever to come back

Grim stuff on the highlights. Not sure how Thomson didn't keep the first out. Does't help he parries the second right out into the path of the Brechin player. Still feel it should've been pulled back either way for the head knock at the other end, well before play made it's way to our box. Either way, criminal defending.  I'm pretty skeptical of whether it's a penalty though. The ball is well away from Duggan, who then goes down.

8 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

After watching the highlights I can’t see where mcglynn sees that you should have been more up at half time, also the highlights of the second half shows that for most of the ball tgat raith had we had by far the better chances, also duggans penalty shout is much more of a shout than I thought, I do think he thew himself at Sinclair but I’ve seen them given, I think we are a much better team now than the start of the season and I’m hoping wE can have a really strong end to the season , positive is we have Robertson both tapping brothers and Mcgeever to come back

Not really seeing the penalty shout other than a blatant dive.  At the time I thought Duggan did the "form a plank" and fall over and the highlights confirms this, as mentioned below Duggan pushes the ball ahead of Sinclair then he draws his feet together just before he makes contact with Sinclair and falls over.  If he'd kept a natural stride I think the ref probably would have given the penalty.

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Grim stuff on the highlights. Not sure how Thomson didn't keep the first out. Does't help he parries the second right out into the path of the Brechin player. Still feel it should've been pulled back either way for the head knock at the other end, well before play made it's way to our box. Either way, criminal defending.  I'm pretty skeptical of whether it's a penalty though. The ball is well away from Duggan, who then goes down.

Not seeing too much for the head knock either.  It's not as if the Brechin player batters into him, too quick to jump / Raith player too slow to jump and its just a collision with the Brechin guy going over the top through momentum.  Ref probably didn't see too much in it either, but I get your point, in this day and age, anything which could be classed as a head knock is generally called back.

46 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

Brillant result for us never saw that coming toshney was brillant just what we need in the defence . Paddy was outstanding again no idea why we brought in Brennan to leave Paddy on the bench would even say he's better than Buzz

He’s not better than Buzz, calm down

9 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Definite penalty for me prior to the Brechin second. Not only does the defender clatter in to Duggan before heading the ball, Duggan is also getting pulled by Dougie Hill. Hate the cliche but it is something you'd see given in the middle of the park. By the letter of the law the referee has a duty of care for a player with a head knock to stop the match unless there is a blatant chance of a goal. 17 seconds from the incident to the goal, the referee should've stopped play at the earliest opportunity.

Defensively I'd be pinning more blame on Crane for that second goal than Thomson. If you look at the angle it's very tricky for Thomson to palm the ball round the post. If he can't hold it he's either going to put it back in the the centre of the box or to where he did. Crane is stood there with absolutely no awareness of where the attacker is. If you watch on the highlights you'll see he's the first defender back in the box but makes no effort to get close to his man.

As for the dive, referee spot on. Duggan anticipates the contact and throws himself to the ground.

10 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Here are this week’s highlights. Thanks to Brechin City for accommodating us (as always).

Thanks for doing the highlights.

Good to see Nisbet back scoring. First half we looked good. Second half we were all over the place at times. Typical sub-standard Rovers away performance. How many times do the opposition run unchallenged from their box to our box and score? Seems to happen regularly. You saw what happened to Flanagan when he got near their box. Three men on him and one of them went in late after he’d played the ball. He only got a yellow card.

We don't need a 10 man attack. We need to keep defenders back as cover because none of them has super pace. Crossing must be better & faster-if we are using wingers they need to give us an end product.

Basically to sum things up , we looked a far more balanced and organised team than Rovers . Solid at the back and attacking with pace . This despite us being down to the bare bones and some players being  out of their usual positions . Credit must go to Barry and Steve for their organisation.  As he said to us after the game it was a fantastic team effort and there were no failures. 

For me though Orsi and Paddy were the stand outs , Orsi deservedly getting man of the match . The new lads were very good as well especially Toshney who didn't put a foot wrong. 

Once everyone is fit I think we have the makings of quite a solid squad. 

15 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Apologies . I got carried away in the moment.  Not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

8)

Too much Glayva.   

You have made a total c**t of yourself on this thread. 

Shite results and team not capable of building momentum for playoffs = more League 1 next season. 

The joys. 

9 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

You have made a total c**t of yourself on this thread. 

Shite results and team not capable of building momentum for playoffs = more League 1 next season. 

The joys. 

Glad to see you are not bitter about it though. 

Hey ho , cheer up , at least you beat the Pars . 

Dougie Hill’s tackle on Flanagan is a fucking shocker, he then get up and has a go at him as he’s lying on the ground. First goal Robbie should save, poppadom wrists. Second goal as I’ve already said should never be allowed to get that far. If the referee doesn’t see Murray lying on the ground then fair enough but what the f**k is the linesman on the side doing? Why is he not telling the referee there’s a head knock? Awful, awful officiating.

I think Vaughan’s studs to get caught in the turf. If that’s the case it’s likely ACL or MCL. I’m praying for good news but I can’t help but think this is going to be yet another lengthy spell on the injury table. He cannot catch a fucking break, so gutted for him.

Archived