Brechin v Raith

Back to the league after an amazing win on Saturday.  Be good to see if we can keep momentum going (unlike the Arbroath game). Be interesting to see Dingwall start (WTF is happening with Armstrong?)  but this he looks decent.  

Any advice on how to get to Brechin for this one? by train looks difficult as they don't go into Brechin? Don't know if im reading that right though when looking it up. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back to the league after an amazing win on Saturday.  Be good to see if we can keep momentum going (unlike the Arbroath game). Be interesting to see Dingwall start (WTF is happening with Armstrong?)  but this he looks decent.  

Any advice on how to get to Brechin for this one? by train looks difficult as they don't go into Brechin? Don't know if im reading that right though when looking it up. 

Train to Montrose and bus to Brechin.

Be good to keep some momentum going. Title is gone, but I'd like to go into the playoffs on a good run. Hopefully we can build on Saturday. 

That said, whilst I don't think Arbroath will drop much points at all, I will be a seething mess if they did and we did as well. 

56 minutes ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Couple of us did the first fixture back in September. Got a train to Montrose and jumped in a taxi to Brechin, taxi was about 15 mins and £15all in I think (might've been cheaper) bumped into a couple of other Rovers fans at the station and offered them a seat so that kept the taxi price per head down.

Wish I was going to this purely to see Barry’s puss at FT when we win 5-0. But knowing us it’ll be down to our consistency of being inconsistent and it’ll finish 1-1.

Could be a good chance to claw back some points though, Arbroath home to an in-form Forfar.

COYR

On 1/21/2019 at 15:30, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

As others have said, taxi is naturally the best option if there are a few of you. The bus is pretty easy and quick, though, so no real hassle if a taxi isn't an option. Just make sure you have a hip flask for the bus/stop ;) Google maps and the journey planner is your friend for bus times and the like (bus stance is the one in front of the Loyd's pharmacy on the high street - can't think of a marker for when to get off, but just state your destination pub-wise and the driver will let you know when to hop off). 

Pub-wise, the Dalhousie usually has Rovers fans in it and is pretty decent (it has a pool room as well). I would recommend that - and if you want to visit other haunts, head to the ground early and stop in at 'Stables' which is half way there and then head into the bar in the ground which doesn't kick you out until 2:59!

Train to Dundee then bus from Dundee to Brechin. If you were a pensioner get the train to Leuchars and get the bus there to Dundee (they run about every 10 mins) using your bus pass and from Dundee bus station a bus to Brechin. Have done this journey several times and it works ok. Coming home if you come out of the ground and head to the supermarket at the crossroads. Turn into the left hand side you should see a bus stop and the Dundee bus is around 10 past five. In Dundee bus station get the St Andrews bus (99 i think) get of at the station and wait on the Kirkcaldy train. As I have said only if you are a pensioner and the total cost apart from the football will be £2.00. Enjoy your journey.

Train to Dundee then bus from Dundee to Brechin. If you were a pensioner get the train to Leuchars and get the bus there to Dundee (they run about every 10 mins) using your bus pass and from Dundee bus station a bus to Brechin. Have done this journey several times and it works ok. Coming home if you come out of the ground and head to the supermarket at the crossroads. Turn into the left hand side you should see a bus stop and the Dundee bus is around 10 past five. In Dundee bus station get the St Andrews bus (99 i think) get of at the station and wait on the Kirkcaldy train. As I have said only if you are a pensioner and the total cost apart from the football will be £2.00. Enjoy your journey.

Bit of a pain in the arse but not bad at all.

Fingers crossed it goes ahead.

I‘m filming the game on Saturday (not filmed one in a while) and editing straight after so highlights will be up at midnight this week barring any technological disasters.

See you all there.

3 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Fingers crossed it goes ahead.

I‘m filming the game on Saturday (not filmed one in a while) and editing straight after so highlights will be up at midnight this week barring any technological disasters.

See you all there.

Take a heater with you for the "doo hut " otherwise it will be midnight before your hands are thawed out enough to do anything . ;)8)

On 23/01/2019 at 04:35, theoriginalhedge said:

Once covers are lifted ( hopefully Friday afternoon ) then we will get a better idea .  Pitch was still relatively soft when covers went down last night . 

There's probably mitigating factors that I don't know about but would it not be better lifting the covers on the day of the game? 

If it goes ahead I'd be over the moon with a 1-0 Rovers win. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

There's probably mitigating factors that I don't know about but would it not be better lifting the covers on the day of the game? 

If it goes ahead I'd be over the moon with a 1-0 Rovers win. 

Weather is supposed to be picking up Friday / Saturday so the ground will have a chance to breathe from Friday to Saturday so can't see the ground getting harder before the match.

Archived