St Mirren v Dundee United

Lola montez

3 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Courtesy of the Beeb.

84cb315c-cf9c-44da-a83f-d87382833bb4.jpg.cb038ac3e9d894e3b1d4e4e02eb21927.jpg

Handball as well...

Looks like Butcher is kicking Stanton while being assaulted.

I accept that the camera may have missed the initial contact!

ETA: Seaman not Stanton. Can’t read, and there’s no way Stanton would have been that close to a meaty challenge.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a huge upset if we’re honest. However, what would it take for Kearney to get the sack?

I was just saying Kearney’s been given a very fair ride by the St Mirren fans, but surely that good will must be running out?

I was just saying Kearney’s been given a very fair ride by the St Mirren fans, but surely that good will must be running out?

I think so, we don’t look like we have a shape or a game plan. Really nice bloke but looks tactically naive and has failed to realize Scottish teams need a physical midfielder.

That first half performanace from us was embarrassing as f**k. I felt at half time exactly how United fans must have felt after getting skudded 5 zip off Ayr live on the tele.

We were a wee bit better 2nd half but that's probably down to the fact United knew the game was won and decided to sit in and let us have the ball and then the red card. We deserved nothing though and that was a canter for United.

Speaks volumes that OK is constantly changing his system early in games after we concede goals,  happened on weds night and again today although for some reason he seen fit to wait til half time and we were 2 nil down.  

Oran appointment is looking more and more like another shocker from our board. 

Kearney needs to take the blame for that shambles today. Nowhere near good enough tactically or performance wise.

I hope Nazon just isn’t match fit yet because he’s been rotten in the last two games. He did seem to look a bit more interested after his deflected goal.

The big keeper is the only positive to take from today, thought he done well & if it wasn’t for him it could’ve been more embarrassing that what it already was.

It will be interesting to hear Oran’s post match interview later.

Aberdeen & Hearts away for our next two games.... I wish the season finished today.

41 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He has been given a fair ride. He inherited a shambles of a squad, I'd say the players he's brought in are all better than the players that have left, with the notable exception of Cammy Smith.

That said, he's constantly changing the team which I don't think is helping anyone. On Wednesday night and again today he's picked the wrong starting line up and formation and then had to change it early in the game. Fair play to him for being able to recognise he needs to change it but it's costing us games. 

He needs to decide his best 11 and his best formation. Now is when he'll start to be judged and so far he is falling short.

I do expect he'll be in charge for next season irrespective of what league we're in. Since we got rid of Danny Lennon we've gone through 5 managers, only Jack Ross wasn't sacked and he was also the only one to see out a full season. We need to give managers time and Kearney is also adjusting to stepping up to a higher level so I would hope that he will improve with experience.  

Absolutely excellent today, was worried about Robson but he was fine and did very well for the second goal.

The two centre halfs were excellent as was Harkes (again) but the USA chants can get tae f*ck.

I want a home tie next against anyone.

Scrambling for positives: Hladky and Popescu look like good signings and I thought Ryan Flynn was more like his old self today, he put in a hell of a shift out of position and played some neat passes.

We are dreadful though and Kearney’s starting line-ups have been baffling in the last few games.

4 hours ago, Lex said:

HT 0-2

Lucky it’s only 2 tbh.

Standard and expected shambles from the PE Teacher’s St Mirren. We are getting run over in all areas of the park by a team in the league below us at our own ground.

Our best player so far is Hladky, he must have made 3 or 4 good saves. 2 of them were just before we conceded the first , it’s been a half of shooty in.

We have nothing going for us anywhere else, Dundee Utd keeper hasn’t been worked at all.

I was going to say the only positive is that it’s only 1 so remarkably we are still kinda in it. Then they scored on half time so that’s that fucked too.

Get Kearney to f**k, useless.

Regardless of anything else, you're a snide walloper. 

First half was fantastic today. I thought Robson, Reynolds, Harkes, Smith and Safranko were all excellent. What a different team we are. Safranko lucky with the goal but Nicky Clark with a class finish. We should’ve been 3-0 up anyway.

The second half was comfortable until Butch got sent off. Silly but we’ve been missing those kind of tackles and beef In the middle.

St Mirren were rank rotten and look a certain for bottom of the Premiership. I think though we were lucky and If they had of scored Instead of hitting the bar right after the red card It would’ve been a draw with the momentum.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

the USA chants can get tae f*ck.

I agree.

And at the game I thought Butcher had to go, but felt Flynn too would have been red carded. 

Prior to that McGinn should also have seen red, but perhaps Smith saved him by getting up too quickly.

However, I'm not criticising any of the players named, but Willie Collum?  He could, by his incompetence, decide who wins a cup.

Archived