St Mirren v Dundee United

Lola montez

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, billyg said:

Both teams have bigger fish to fry , be interesting to see with team selection etc if any of them really want a cup run !

It’s a free hit for us in our current state Billy, We need games for the new players to get up to speed and it’s vital that we try and somehow get a moral boosting win.

I think both teams will put out strong selections, new players will possibly look on this match as an opportunity to get familiarised with each other's styles of play.

And the above Buddies are correct, priorities for both sides aren't presently with the Scottish Cup. Didn't fancy many pubs last time I was in Paisley, think we'll just have refreshments in Glasgow and get a late-ish train in the PSJ. Miss the Sheep's Head! Did it become the Elbow Room before it shut?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I wonder how many Maureens will be there.

Difficult to judge at the moment, moral is extremely low in both team spirit and with our fans.

We’ve still managed to maintain a core 4000 home fans this season in league games, so who knows if they’ll turn up in similar or bigger numbers for the cup tie.

16 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Difficult to judge at the moment, moral is extremely low in both team spirit and with our fans.

We’ve still managed to maintain a core 4000 home fans this season in league games, so who knows if they’ll turn up in similar or bigger numbers for the cup tie.

4,000 is not bad tbh.

Hopefully those in the main stand will all be quiet.
Guaranteed to be booing at the very least [emoji16].

Think United fans will have a bit of a shock to see how different we are to last season. We now have no identity, no fight, no togetherness the morale between fans and club has plummeted.

Over zealous policing in our signing section has led under age fans being booked by the police then police visits to their school to tell their head master. Feels like things are about to collapse, and Cammy Smith scoring the winner could be the straw that broke the camels back.

This isn't reverse psychology, we are a shambles, albeit a couple of our new signings look the real deal. We are 2/1 to win today for a reason.

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Guaranteed to be booing at the very least emoji16.png.

Think United fans will have a bit of a shock to see how different we are to last season. We now have no identity, no fight, no togetherness the morale between fans and club has plummeted.

Over zealous policing in our signing section has led under age fans being booked by the police then police visits to their school to tell their head master. Feels like things are about to collapse, and Cammy Smith scoring the winner could be the straw that broke the camels back.

This isn't reverse psychology, we are a shambles, albeit a couple of our new signings look the real deal. We are 2/1 to win today for a reason.

The thing is mate, as bad as that all sounds, United fans have kinda gotten used to the team completely fucking embarrassing themselves at this point, so hearing all this I'm just thinking like "Well now we're gonna lose 5-0 because everything is finally gonna click for them." A lot of the fans who think we might lose are mainly saying it because we don't really have that much faith in the club, and even with basically a brand new team, we just don't want to get fooled again.

Annoyingly, it looks like my ticket hasn't arrived so I won't be going today. I'm guessing Sow will start, and maybe Laidlaw as well. I'll be stunned if Fyvie is even on the bench, and even more stunned if he comes on. if Harkes and Butcher play together again today and we win, they need to be the centre mid duo till the end of the season.

Archived