St Mirren v Dundee United

Lola montez

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

After the first half performance especially when United should have been a lot more than 2 nil up I am a lot more confident than I was previously. 

A full week of training and getting to gel together further can only help the team, however a tough away test is still expected.

I will go with either 2-0 or 2-1 United.

Guest DAVIDB69

Never been to the new st mirren ground so will travel through 12 grounds left to go, this being another one i can tick off.

I am guessing they will be taking 22 quid to get in

This game is an absolute free hit for both clubs and could not come at a better time.... For the following reasons.

Both clubs have brought in pretty much a whole new squad in January. The timing of this game gives them 2 weeks to increase fitness, gel a little bit, with a full tempo match in the middle to try things out, and try to get closer to a good cohesive starting 11.

The outcome is of no importance imo. If we win, good, it means we are on the right track and some potential for increased cash in the coffers.

If we lose, then it spares us the risk of a demoralising pumping from the like of Celtic or (even worse) F.C Deadco in the next round.

All that should matter to both cubs is maximising the chances of playing Premiership football next season.

Really looking forward to this game first time I will see our new team The clear out  is complete 16 players out with 10 in. Score no idea as I have not seen the current United team play , Its the Scottish cup may the best team win should be a good atmosphere.  Wee Cammy will be given a warm welcome always gave us 100 % was sad to see him go though  massive sweeping changes were needed.  How has Cammy been with United so far ?  Praying Dallas is not the ref for both our sakes. 

4 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Definitely winnable but we'll need more of the first half from Saturday and less of the second. Drop fyvie altogether and give him a break to get fit. Gomis on the bench and the same starting 11 as Saturday.

^^^^ Every word of this.

Not too bothered if we win as the league is the priority, but it would be a nice wee confidence boost.

Looking forward to it.

Saints 3 Arabs 0

Crowd 4387

Dying to win the Cup again. 1987 is ages ago. 

Hopefully we have an Open Top Bus Parade in Paisley come May. 

Both Clubs are Cnuts for charging £20 admission fee. 

Very important game. 

57 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Is the game so important? Neither team will win the cup. 

Both might be playing each other in the Championship next season if they don't win some important upcoming matches, or meeting in a play off at the end of this, which would be important compared to this weekend's lovely diversion.

If we could win and get a good draw next round it could be a decent cash generator.  The importance of income to a wee club like ours should never be overestimated.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Is the game so important? Neither team will win the cup. 

Both might be playing each other in the Championship next season if they don't win some important upcoming matches, or meeting in a play off at the end of this, which would be important compared to this weekend's lovely diversion.

You might get a "money spinning" replay.

Archived