SUPERBOWL LIII

lichtie23

I hate the patriots. Over I the states so did the Super Bowl party thing with family.
It was a really poor game and can't help thinking the Saints would of put up a better show with Brees.
Flying back today through Atlanta which wasn't the best planning.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went out to watch it. Good night out but a terrible game. For all the 'it was good defence and one for the purists', I disagree. It was with Rams D v Patriots, but the Rams were awful on offense, just terrible. It was the entire 1st half of the Saints game again. When they eventually got going later on they got flagged back and momentum went.

The party I was at was pretty subdued with atmosphere and people drifted away early with it being a flood after Pats made it 2 scores. 

To be honest the Saints fans who boycotted got the best deal! 

Started a new job today so couldn't get time off work, absolutely shattered now and for what. Shit game and horrific half time show. As a Saints fan i was conflicted about who i wanted to win. The Rams to lose because if the missed call or the Patriots lose for being the Patriots! 

There was a complete lack of drama throughout the whole game. I also dont buy into the game for the purists etc. Goff was absolutrly brutal, terrible QB performance. 

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Sorry, was a bit tongue in cheek, a punter would never win that award, no matter how many punts the rams had to do.

Ah fair enough. I do agree it shouldn't have been Edelman, he was good but that was scheme more than anything else. The most important Patriots plays were made by Gronkowski on the TD drive, Michel on the TD drive and Gilmore throughout. Overall I'd say Gilmore should win, although a strong argument could be made that a guy who has nearly 100 yards rushing and the only TD of the game should be the MVP, but maybe that's just cause I had him @18/1

20 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Started a new job today so couldn't get time off work, absolutely shattered now and for what. Shit game and horrific half time show. As a Saints fan i was conflicted about who i wanted to win. The Rams to lose because if the missed call or the Patriots lose for being the Patriots! 

There was a complete lack of drama throughout the whole game. I also dont buy into the game for the purists etc. Goff was absolutrly brutal, terrible QB performance. 

I agree. Rams D was good, Patriots D was stout but the offense from Rams was awful. The loss of Gurley and Kupp really impacted them. 

Congrats btw. 2 yrs ago today the falcons blew a 25 pt lead in the super bowl.

IMG_4407.thumb.jpg.faaae874c83fde2910124b8879281afa.jpg

I still haven't watched it again.
Having followed the Falcons since the Jerry Glanville days I was surprised how much it hurt tbh at the time.
Last time I'm nice about the 'aints

I still haven't watched it again.
Having followed the Falcons since the Jerry Glanville days I was surprised how much it hurt tbh at the time.
Last time I'm nice about the 'aints

Touché, i deserved that last bit.

I apologise, couldn’t resist it, but I did delete it to save you any more pain, until feb 5th 2020.

Archived