SUPERBOWL LIII

lichtie23

IMG_1808.jpg

Super Bowl LIII (53) is set as the NFC champion Los Angeles Rams face the AFC champion New England Patriots on February the 3rd at the Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta, Georgia.

IMG_1807.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams won a nail biter in overtime against the number 1 seeded Saints in the NFC Championship to advance to their 4th Super Bowl in Franchise history. The Rams are lead by 32 year old Head Coach Sean McVay who guided them to a 13-3 regular season record and the number 2 seed in the NFC. They beat the Cowboys in the divisional round after a 1st round bye. At Quarterback they have 3rd year pro Jarred Goff who after a very poor first season has become one of the better QBs in the league. On the defensive side of the ball Aaron Donald is probably the best defensive , if not best overall player in the NFL and totalled 20.5 sacks this season which is an incredible amount for a Defensive Tackle. The Rams won the big game in 1999 when they were known as the St Louis Rams.

IMG_1812.jpg

The New England Patriots are going to their 3rd straight Super Bowl and 11th in Franchise history after a late come from behind overtime victory against the Chiefs in a thrilling AFC Championship. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are looking for their 6th Super Bowl as a Head Coach - Quarterback pairing. The Patriots finished the regular season 11-5 to win the AFC East and beat the Chargers in the divisional round before beating the number one seed Chiefs to advance to Atlanta.

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

The Mercedes-Benz Stadium is a multi-purpose retractable roof stadium located in Atlanta, Georgia. It’s the home of the Atlanta Falcons and cost an estimated $1.6 billion with the stadium officially opening on August 26, 2017 and holds up to 75,000. The city of Atlanta has previously hosted two Super Bowls at the Georgia Dome, with the last being Super Bowl XXXIV in 2000.

The game kicks off at 23.30 UK time and will be broadcast on both Sky Sports and the BBC

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Anybody ever watched the Superbowl in New York before? Any recommendations on where to watch the match?

It's on CBS so every bar with a TV will have it on so I'd just be tempted to  find somewhere you like to drink then go there on the day of the game.

I was there for the division playoffs weekend last weekend and half the places I drank in had all the games on numerous screens.  If you don't mind the Patriots then any of the bars near Professor Thoms in the East Village will be full of Pats fans as they'll try there then once it's full start to fill the places nearby. Even if you don't like them then it might be a better atmosphere to head down around there as then at least you're in a place filled with fans of at least one of the teams. We watched their game in Trionas on Third which had a decent mix of Pats fans and people who hate the Pats that made it a good place to watch the game.

The bars around Times Square were all advertising Superbowl parties which sound like the worst place to watch them imaginable. Some of them were wanting $10-$40 a head cover charge to just get in too. 

I could be completely wrong but i think it’s a penalty if they ‘obstruct’ the refs. So I suppose having a guy pull you out the way is better than losing yards
Or you could just act like a normal person and stand out of the way in the first place.

Anybody ever watched the Superbowl in New York before? Any recommendations on where to watch the match?
Cracking irish sports bar next to Madison Square Gardens,cant remember the name but it is to the right of the gardens if you are at the main entrance.I watched the last superbowl in there and it was rocking

Looks like they remembered to number the field early this year!!!

I don’t mind maroon 5, the wife loves them so I’ve gotten used to them in the car.

We are booked into belushi’s for the night, we have a bunch of our team over from Austin so it should be a good night... as long as the cheats don’t win. That will ruin it for everyone!

Archived