Ton v Pars - 26/01

14 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

My mate used the term "schooled" which couldn't have been more accurate.  Dunfermline have a lot of very good individual players so it's baffling how you're not a better team unit.

They may be good individual players but they just don't gel as a team for whatever reason.... been a really frustrating season. Also, £20 for that at Cappielow? At least Dick Turpin wore a mask:huh:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsmod said:

They may be good individual players but they just don't get as a team for whatever reason.... been a really frustrating season. Also, £20 for that at Cappielow? At least Dick Turpin wore a mask:huh:

Aye I thought £20 was steep as was £25.50 for the train from Haymarket to Glasgow and then £6 on the bus. £50 to get there and watch that muck 

The best value was the £4 Cans for the train home

2 hours ago, LargsTON said:

My mate used the term "schooled" which couldn't have been more accurate.  Dunfermline have a lot of very good individual players so it's baffling how you're not a better team unit.

I genuinely think we're OK, I'd say a team capable of finishing fourth in the championship until you get to our striking options currently and we're miles short. We'll look back and laugh in years to come that we started a championship game with Smith and Faissal as a partnership. 

Our only two natural wide players left the club in the transfer window. That limited how we played yesterday with no real width in the team. 

We must surely be looking at replacements. Ideally we should have had crosses going into the box all day yesterday with Scully in goal. 

On 22/01/2019 at 16:40, Poet of the Macabre said:

we probably do have a chance of getting at least a point on Saturday but I'd predict a low-scoring slog of a game.

We've now failed to score in six of our last eight games. That's pathetic. 

A point away from home & a clean sheet is fine in isolation but it's in amongst a really dismal campaign. We'd need to pick up 34 points from our remaining 14 games just to equal last season's total. Going backwards at pace.

Archived