Ton v Pars - 26/01

8 hours ago, MonEhTon said:

I’m certain I remember the last fixture between these two, both sets of fans said “there’s no way we’re winning this” and the Pars promptly humped us 3-0. We’re not winning this.

Quite.

While there’s always a risk that Crawford will turn out to be a John Potter figure and make them even worse, Dunfermline fans can at least have some hope of an improvement happening in the next few weeks having got rid of their underperforming manager. We’re stuck with ours.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Quite.

While there’s always a risk that Crawford will turn out to be a John Potter figure and make them even worse, Dunfermline fans can at least have some hope of an improvement happening in the next few weeks having got rid of their underperforming manager. We’re stuck with ours.

So where are we exactly six months into the Boards three year plan?  Who are the 7 development squad players and the seven fit quality players that should form the nucleus of our team over the next  30 months?  It’s  the Boards responsibility to ensure the manager is provided with these resources and to underwrite the costs, not JJs.

We allowed Prudence to  spunk  £50k on turnstile software to facilitate the production of real time management accounts to inform his austerity budget model. That decision seemed to coincide with the Board allowing Rat to experiment us out of two cup competitions putting an early damper on fan enthusiasm.  Clearly  a sustainability budget ain’t going to get us to where the Board claim  they want to be     because our cash flow is now on a downwards trajectory. Is JM going to produce a vlog with Crawford soon when he talks about his new ten year ambition?

If you and your mates weren’t such a bunch of sycophantic toadies you would be holding the real mismanagement culprits to account not continually bitching solely about the guy who nominally holds the manager title.

6 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

So where are we exactly six months into the Boards three year plan?  Who are the 7 development squad players and the seven fit quality players that should form the nucleus of our team over the next  30 months?  It’s  the Boards responsibility to ensure the manager is provided with these resources and to underwrite the costs, not JJs.

We allowed Prudence to  spunk  £50k on turnstile software to facilitate the production of real time management accounts to inform his austerity budget model. That decision seemed to coincide with the Board allowing Rat to experiment us out of two cup competitions putting an early damper on fan enthusiasm.  Clearly  a sustainability budget ain’t going to get us to where the Board claim  they want to be     because our cash flow is now on a downwards trajectory. Is JM going to produce a vlog with Crawford soon when he talks about his new ten year ambition?

If you and your mates weren’t such a bunch of sycophantic toadies you would be holding the real mismanagement culprits to account not continually bitching solely about the guy who nominally holds the manager title.

I'm pretty sure that the Football Trust or something of that ilk funded much, if not all, of the turnstile costs.

There's no doubt that the wrong software/installer was chosen, and we weren't alone in that, but I very much doubt that we spent £50K or close to it on the turnstile installation.

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

None of these points have anything to do with Johansson’s unacceptable performance in the job.

There are several constructive criticisms to be made of the board with serious discussions to be had about their model for the club and the potential medium to long term consequences. None of those discussions change the short-term reality that we have a manager doing an extremely bad job and the short-term solution is to get a different one.

Incidentally, those constructive conversations also have nothing to do with your personal vandetta against Nick Robinson, which you were happy to discard throughout the case against Falkirk while saying anyone who had anything but the utmost faith in the board wasn’t a real Morton supporter, but have picked it up again now the tribunal has ruled in the club’s favour and you can shoehorn your irrelevant agenda whenever someone criticises the manager.

9 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Quite.

Crawford has already shown worrying signs of being the next John Potter. We're so soft it's incredible and none of our forwards could find their arse if you gave them detailed instructions.

We've won two games against clubs currently above us in the table. One of them was against Morton at EEP, which shows we probably do have a chance of getting at least a point on Saturday but I'd predict a low-scoring slog of a game. Thankfully I'll be up a big hill and won't have to watch.

2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

It’s  the Boards responsibility to ensure the manager is provided with these resources and to underwrite the costs, not JJs.

Erm no, because JJ knew the budget that would be at his disposal when he accepted a job in the middle of the season. The fact that he has gone on to make a complete and utter c**t of his job, failing to meet both his expectations and his own bluster, is 100% his fault alone. No amount of deflection in the world is getting away from that. 

Thanks for playing anyway chump. 

19 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Don't think Connolly or Muirhead are as bad as being made out tbh. 

Muirhead looks unfit and as has done since his debut. Connolly is finding it difficult but I think we've got a player there.

18 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

None of these points have anything to do with Johansson’s unacceptable performance in the job.

There are several constructive criticisms to be made of the board with serious discussions to be had about their model for the club and the potential medium to long term consequences. None of those discussions change the short-term reality that we have a manager doing an extremely bad job and the short-term solution is to get a different one.

Incidentally, those constructive conversations also have nothing to do with your personal vandetta against Nick Robinson, which you were happy to discard throughout the case against Falkirk while saying anyone who had anything but the utmost faith in the board wasn’t a real Morton supporter, but have picked it up again now the tribunal has ruled in the club’s favour and you can shoehorn your irrelevant agenda whenever someone criticises the manager.

Ah so we deal with one of the symptoms rather than  the underlying disease. The current Board appointed JJ because it thought he fitted the vision they had.  It’s the Board’s duty to manage and support their choice (what’s the point of Hawke and Anderson if they don’t set some expectations of playing style etc)  and it certainly isn’t unreasonable to expect them to provide him with some funds to strengthen  particularly in providing pace, width and striking capability. I don’t think for a minute that JJ and PH have not sought this from them.

There is absolutely no evidence that any  new guy will not simply be a similar clone who was number two on the current Boards short list. This board  seem rather slow to acknowledge their mistakes.  They need to explain themselves. Why don’t you  get your mate Nick to do a vlog with JM explaining where we are now on the three year journey? . Looks to me that we are up Shit Creek whoever the manager is. 

22 hours ago, virginton said:

Erm no, because JJ knew the budget that would be at his disposal when he accepted a job in the middle of the season. The fact that he has gone on to make a complete and utter c**t of his job, failing to meet both his expectations and his own bluster, is 100% his fault alone. No amount of deflection in the world is getting away from that. 

Thanks for playing anyway chump. 

What a gullible little walloped you are doc. Suggest you  undertake some fact based analysis by joggging along to the club’s website and actually read the original job advertisement indicating how the coaches role is defined. 

5 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

What a gullible little walloped you are doc. Suggest you  undertake some fact based analysis by joggging along to the club’s website and actually read the original job advertisement indicating how the coaches role is defined. 

I suggest that you consult both a dictionary and a spellchecker before thumping out another tear-drenched response. 

Better luck next time chump. 

5 hours ago, virginton said:

I suggest that you consult both a dictionary and a spellchecker before thumping out another tear-drenched response. 

Better luck next time chump. 

Think you’ll find that “walloped “ was probably a Freudian slip by him.......

Far be it from me to defend the guy, but tell me this  -  precisely what part of his post, or of any of his output that you may care to mention, could in any conceivable way be justifiably described as “tear-drenched”? Be very specific, please.

And then when you fail to find anything,come back and tell us what your post is  -  hyperbole, or just hyper balls?

On 22/01/2019 at 16:40, Poet of the Macabre said:

Crawford has already shown worrying signs of being the next John Potter. We're so soft it's incredible and none of our forwards could find their arse if you gave them detailed instructions.

We've won two games against clubs currently above us in the table. One of them was against Morton at EEP, which shows we probably do have a chance of getting at least a point on Saturday but I'd predict a low-scoring slog of a game. Thankfully I'll be up a big hill and won't have to watch.

Personally from his pep guardiola attire for the first game it looks like he's an "all the gear but no idea"

Archived