Ton v Pars - 26/01

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Robinson

Craigen Ashcroft Beadling Longridge

Higginbotham Thomson Vincent Connolly

Smith Muirhead

This is the team that needs to start. When Lewis Martin is fit again put him at the back beside Ashcroft and move Beadling back in to midfield.

Pass me whatever it is you've been smoking. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Pass me whatever it is you've been smoking. 

Why? Do you really want Devine or Durnan in defence?

Muirhead has been poor but then so have all the strikers. I suppose you could take him out and add in anyone else.

If we persist with the same line up then nothing will change.

Does Ashcroft just get banned for the Scottish Cup next season then? That would be a positive as I had horrible thoughts about Durnan and Devine being put together.

Pretty sure it’s just the Scottish Cup.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

The unstoppable force of Dunfermline gifting us wins at Cappielow meets the immovable object and managerial fraud in the home dugout.

Another wonderfully insightful post from the  forum’s leading anhedonic aka the world’s most boring man.

its the Augean Stables that you need to clean out Hercules. Twenty years of shit ain’t just down to JJ.  

32 minutes ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Even more than usual this is the 'we're mediocre to awful, and we know we are' derby. Both teams supports now don't expect points and are over·grateful or relieved at any little surprises that show up.  Its been a poor season for both of us.

If there was ever a way in which both teams could lose, it may just happen here.

38 minutes ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Even more than usual this is the 'we're mediocre to awful, and we know we are' derby. Both teams supports now don't expect points and are over·grateful or relieved at any little surprises that show up.  Its been a poor season for both of us.

Yes I feel this just about sums it up for both teams.

Maybe it will be a cracker!

The last two weeks have sent me into dispare. I put it down to artificial surfaces so let's have a real game.

1-1 and who thought the play-offs were a realistic option?

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why? Do you really want Devine or Durnan in defence?

Muirhead has been poor but then so have all the strikers. I suppose you could take him out and add in anyone else.

If we persist with the same line up then nothing will change.

Because Beadling isn't a defender, Muirhead isn't even worth the time of day and Connolly is weak as piss. It's simple: we need new players in, that's the only way things will change. Maybe take your point about Smith, see if he can make any difference but I doubt it. 

Rather concerned 

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Because Beadling isn't a defender, Muirhead isn't even worth the time of day and Connolly is weak as piss. It's simple: we need new players in, that's the only way things will change. Maybe take your point about Smith, see if he can make any difference but I doubt it. 

Rather concerned 

Beadling is a defender. He's played there before, but not for us. He's also a midfielder of course, but until Martin is fit again I'd have him beside Ashcroft.

Whilst we need new players is it not worth trying something different? Do we just plough on with the same old? Do we just continue with El Bak with his massive haul of 1 penalty? Do we persevere with Devine and Durnan in the hope they'll suddenly be decent? Do we continue to not play a winger on the left despite playing a formation that pretty much needs wingers? 

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Beadling is a defender. He's played there before, but not for us. He's also a midfielder of course, but until Martin is fit again I'd have him beside Ashcroft.

Whilst we need new players is it not worth trying something different? Do we just plough on with the same old? Do we just continue with El Bak with his massive haul of 1 penalty? Do we persevere with Devine and Durnan in the hope they'll suddenly be decent? Do we continue to not play a winger on the left despite playing a formation that pretty much needs wingers? 

That's what to do, aye. Drop one of our best players out of position and play even worse players ahead of the usual in the hope that something happens. 

Lewis Martin is just as bad as the rest at CB. A total bombscare. When he played LB at the end of last season, however, he was very, very impressive, but we've already got that position covered. Also, Ashcroft has been just as bad as Devine this season. Don't know why he escapes criticism. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

That's what to do, aye. Drop one of our best players out of position and play even worse players ahead of the usual in the hope that something happens. 

Lewis Martin is just as bad as the rest at CB. A total bombscare. When he played LB at the end of last season, however, he was very, very impressive, but we've already got that position covered. Also, Ashcroft has been just as bad as Devine this season. Don't know why he escapes criticism. 

Vincent and Thomson would be fine in midfield for now. Martin is surely a better option that Devine or Durnan when he comes back.

I've been saying similar about Ashcroft!

There need to be changes. We need to use the squad and at least try something different.

29 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I've seen Muirhead and I've seen Connolly enough times to know both are absolute pish. I'd happily play Faiss, Smith or even Hippo up top by themselves before giving the former a try.

As for taking our best player out of his best position, just for the sake of doing "something different", that's idiotic. 

Good effort but you know that's not what I'm saying with regards to Beadling. I said it should be a temporary measure until Martin is fit because it would be better than Devine and Durnan, as would Martin. How do you know Beadling Beadling isn't a better defender anyway? Ideally he'd always start in central midfield for me as well, but central midfield seems to be where we have some cover given that Craigen can play there too should the need arise, and Thomson and Vincent have been two of our better performers. The defence is a huge issue though and needs addressed or it surely won't matter who starts in the midfield.

The part about trying something different was about Connolly and Muirhead.

It's a moot point though because none of it will happen anyway. We'll almost certainly see the same team.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Good effort but you know that's not what I'm saying with regards to Beadling. I said it should be a temporary measure until Martin is fit because it would be better than Devine and Durnan, as would Martin. How do you know Beadling Beadling isn't a better defender anyway? Ideally he'd always start in central midfield for me as well, but central midfield seems to be where we have some cover given that Craigen can play there too should the need arise, and Thomson and Vincent have been two of our better performers. The defence is a huge issue though and needs addressed or it surely won't matter who starts in the midfield.

The part about trying something different was about Connolly and Muirhead.

It's a moot point though because none of it will happen anyway. We'll almost certainly see the same team.

Mate is a Sunderland season ticket holder and says Beadling looks better in midfield. I've seen him play in midfield and him and Thomson are just about the only positives we have at the moment. Martin as a centre back is also a total bombscare and at best no better than Durnan. Get him at full back and I'd be on board.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Don't think Connolly or Muirhead are as bad as being made out tbh. 

One goal between them and I think I've seen the pair of them have about one good performance each. Both were given chances from the bench in the last couple of games and made a struggling side look even worse.

In a season of utter mediocrity, they've still managed to be so unimpressive that neither has done anything whatsoever to nail down a regular place in the starting XI. In an average to decent side they'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Archived