Sorry Sons -vs- Angus Azzuri

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

According to the BBC website Boris has "signed". 

Incidentally, lots of thoughts around me yesterday that Boris had been booked twice before he scored. With that ref anything is possible.

Easy to mix him up with one of our other players tbf 

:lol:

24 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Right, I’m sorry here, but what did Hutton do yesterday that made him better than anyone?

He gave away the ball pretty consistently, was caught in possession on the edge of our own box a number of times, and was regularly stuck dragging along his dodgy leg as the Montrose midfield breezed beyond him.

I have no issue at all with praising him when he does well, but he was miles off it yesterday.

Only made eight starts in the league, the last of which came against us in the 4-1 game back in early December.

Opinions. As I said it’s all about opinions and the post you refer to says nothing about Hutton being a world beater. 

An example I referred to at match yesterday. Hutton hit free kick from halfway behind everyone. Poor . Montrose broke up and almost created something and lots round me rounded on Hutton. 5 mins later in front of dug out Forbes let ball run under his foot . Poor went to carswell who lost possession. Poor. I referenced then that not a word was said and had it been Hutton we would have called for his head.

from our team yesterday I would put in order of my opinion of performance

cammy, boris,Ferguson,Adam,Hutton,Henk,barr, forbes,Thomson,armour,carsewell

22 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Opinions. As I said it’s all about opinions and the post you refer to says nothing about Hutton being a world beater. 

An example I referred to at match yesterday. Hutton hit free kick from halfway behind everyone. Poor . Montrose broke up and almost created something and lots round me rounded on Hutton. 5 mins later in front of dug out Forbes let ball run under his foot . Poor went to carswell who lost possession. Poor. I referenced then that not a word was said and had it been Hutton we would have called for his head.

from our team yesterday I would put in order of my opinion of performance

cammy, boris,Ferguson,Adam,Hutton,Henk,barr, forbes,Thomson,armour,carsewell

I have no problem with players making mistakes. Hutton launched the free-kick to no one, not great, but he could also argue that nobody bothered making a move for it. That sort of thing doesn't bother me, everyone makes mistakes.

The reason he's targeted and Carsy and Forbes aren't is because he's been consistently poor for a long time now. Does he take some unwarranted stick? Absolutely, but fans rarely run out of patience with a player for no reason. Imo we have only two players who can hold their heads up and say that they've performed well consistently this season, and those guys are Carsy and Forbes. 

Yesterday was the second home game of the year where the only thing that prevented Carsy picking up the Trust's MOTM award was a late goal that changed the mind of those deciding. Now those deciding Man of the Match are no different to you or I, it's just the opinion of one or two people, but he can't of been as poor as made out to come close to picking up the award.

Was Carsy an overlapping full-back in the mould of Ballantyne, Wardrop or Boomer? Nope. But he gave Montrose next to nothing in an unfamiliar position whilst being the most experienced player in totally new look back five.

The main thing I picked out was evidence of a midfielder playing in defence. In the second half  on a number of occasions he went for ball , didn’t get it and Montrose exposed space in the right back area. This was our main problem and where I picked up my opinion about him. On reflection I have probably exaggerated it because of this.

again opinions but I honestly can’t see how he would be picked before cammy in terms of any mom vote . 

I would add i agree with you overall comments about overall season performances and in terms of my order only the first 4 would get pass marks.

2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Right, I’m sorry here, but what did Hutton do yesterday that made him better than anyone?

He gave away the ball pretty consistently, was caught in possession on the edge of our own box a number of times, and was regularly stuck dragging along his dodgy leg as the Montrose midfield breezed beyond him.

I have no issue at all with praising him when he does well, but he was miles off it yesterday.

Only made eight starts in the league, the last of which came against us in the 4-1 game back in early December.

That is pretty much a description of Carswell yesterday IMO. Hutton broke up play a lot and although he wasn't great he definitely offered more overall than Carswell or Thomson (who got himself booked with a silly challenge quite early on - which meant he couldn't do his usual charging about the park throwing himself into things) again this is my opinion.

Forbes wasn't great yesterday but you can accept his less than convincing performances when he grabs another assist. I'd say Forbes body language is as bad as Hutton's as well. He looks like he really can't be bothered being there.

On the Boris thing - that's fair enough. I just wasn't sure on the stats and things :)

8 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

That is pretty much a description of Carswell yesterday IMO. Hutton broke up play a lot and although he wasn't great he definitely offered more overall than Carswell or Thomson (who got himself booked with a silly challenge quite early on - which meant he couldn't do his usual charging about the park throwing himself into things) again this is my opinion.

Forbes wasn't great yesterday but you can accept his less than convincing performances when he grabs another assist. I'd say Forbes body language is as bad as Hutton's as well. He looks like he really can't be bothered being there.

On the Boris thing - that's fair enough. I just wasn't sure on the stats and things :)

Fair play. I thought Carsy did well, but there you are.

Totally agree on Thomson though. I was hopeful that he might be the sort of combative all-action midfielder we needed, but he just looks like a clumsy, aggressive big guy a lot of the time. I know he's only recently back from injury, but I thought he was really poor yesterday, and that daft booking that blunted him just about summed up his game. 

On Boris, looking at the stats he's now averaging a goal every 162 minutes in League One this season. So for all his lack of game time at Glebe Park, he does seem to have a knack of finding the net when he does get on the pitch. That figure puts him at a similar sort of goals to minute ratio as Ryan Wallace - albeit Wallace has played considerably more minutes! I could see him being handy if we can partner him with a new targetman type forward.

There were times yesterday, when Hutton was expected to hold the ball, yet was absolutely nowhere near the ball, jump for a ball that was absolutely nowhere near his head, (like nish was much aligned for), as for that free kick, most definitely, the blame has to lie with the movement of the players where the ball had went,

As I said, I didn’t think we were as terrible as made out yesterday, edged first half, better chances, Montrose better second half, but for Adam, could’ve been a goal or two up, great header by boris, and a bit of rush of blood to the head for the penalty. But cook would’ve loved to even the scores up, unlike the 4 bookings we’d taken before he decided to start giving them out to Montrose players. And that standside linesman, missed the easiest of offsides ever in the first half, one that wasn’t in the second half, that cook gave [emoji849], and a clear punch of the ball right in front of him, embarrassingly bad

31 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Fair play. I thought Carsy did well, but there you are.

Totally agree on Thomson though. I was hopeful that he might be the sort of combative all-action midfielder we needed, but he just looks like a clumsy, aggressive big guy a lot of the time. I know he's only recently back from injury, but I thought he was really poor yesterday, and that daft booking that blunted him just about summed up his game. 

On Boris, looking at the stats he's now averaging a goal every 162 minutes in League One this season. So for all his lack of game time at Glebe Park, he does seem to have a knack of finding the net when he does get on the pitch. That figure puts him at a similar sort of goals to minute ratio as Ryan Wallace - albeit Wallace has played considerably more minutes! I could see him being handy if we can partner him with a new targetman type forward.

I'd say Boris is about the only player we have had this season who looked like a striker more or less... 

Young Armour struggled as he was looking to play on the shoulder of the last defender all game. Which doesn't work if the team you are against are defender on the edge of their own box as an organised unit. He is young and learning but hopefully he can learn to come deep for balls into his feet a bit more.

Oh how I miss Dom Thomas... :(

23 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

If ever a goal summed up our season then that was it. Ferguson should empty it, but with Adam actually doing a good job of flying out for those sort of things he was probably expecting Smith to come - alas he was too slow to react, and when he did it was too late

Duffy bemoaning the fact that we're getting punished for every single mistake the other week rings true here. Typical of our luck that, after having one of his best games for us, Adam is forced off and his replacement gets involved in a mix-up with a debutant to cost us a vital win.

We're doomed imo.

From footage yes Ferguson should deal with it but does he get a shout from keeper, he certainly would see him charging out and assume it was safe to leave for him. 

At no stage did it look like keepers ball or that he should have been there

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Totally agree on Thomson though. I was hopeful that he might be the sort of combative all-action midfielder we needed, but he just looks like a clumsy, aggressive big guy a lot of the time.

What that man said. Apart from a couple of games very early on in the season, he's been largely disappointing.

There were times yesterday, when Hutton was expected to hold the ball, yet was absolutely nowhere near the ball, jump for a ball that was absolutely nowhere near his head, (like nish was much aligned for), as for that free kick, most definitely, the blame has to lie with the movement of the players where the ball had went,

As I said, I didn’t think we were as terrible as made out yesterday, edged first half, better chances, Montrose better second half, but for Adam, could’ve been a goal or two up, great header by boris, and a bit of rush of blood to the head for the penalty. But cook would’ve loved to even the scores up, unlike the 4 bookings we’d taken before he decided to start giving them out to Montrose players. And that standside linesman, missed the easiest of offsides ever in the first half, one that wasn’t in the second half, that cook gave [emoji849], and a clear punch of the ball right in front of him, embarrassingly bad

The attitude towards Hutton by some fans was neatly encapsulated by a Mr Angry behind me yesterday. We broke forward just inside the Montrose half, think it was Ballantine with Hutton nicely placed inside him. INSIDE, INSIDE, INSIDE screams Mr Angry. Ballantine duly passes inside. ACH NO TAE HIM is the follow up

Archived