Sorry Sons -vs- Angus Azzuri

Jim Duffy can’t be blamed for two players failing to deal with a simple ball.

He can though. One of those players was being played out of position and the other was flung into action when he didn't expect it.

There was no need to play Ferguson at centre back and there was no need to start Grant Adam.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nonsense. Ferguson is a defender and regardless of the position he was in at that moment should have cleared his lines. basic defending.
The goalkeeper selection has nothing to do with it.
Ferguson is a full back, not a centre half. Cammy Ballantyne is a right back, not a left back. Carswell is a central midfielder who has shown he is more than competent at centre half yet we shunt him to right back, play a full back at centre back and a right back at left back. It's an utterly bizarre way to setup whether you want to admit it or not.

The goalkeeper selection was ridiculous unless Smith is crippled. Adam wasn't fit, and that clearly showed when he needed carted off. Smith was then flung into the deep end with little to no warning.

We can pussyfoot around it all we want but playing players out of position when we don't need to and taking risky selections with goalkeepers is daft and Duffy has to hold his hands up.

People keep going on about who to partner Hutton with??

Why do we have to partner him with anyone.??

Drop the clown and play carswell and thomo in midfield now we have cover in defence so surely carswell can play in place of Hutton.

Play Forbes as a ten ( where he should be IMO )

I hate how bad he is yet he seems to be undroppable.

I’m sure many will disagree. But what have we got to loose.

He has been playing with an injury after all.

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Play players in their natural positions/positions they have been performing well in.

Not look to nitpick and blame referees/linesmen/fans shouting and start to accept that we have a shite squad of players and a manager that has done nothing to improve us since he arrived.

Playing players in their naturalposition isnt rocket science and i hope when we have the current squad match fit that will follow.

Accepting that we are shite will do nothing to help only hinder.Im personally interested in everyone backing management and players as most of us got the manager we wanted.Lets try to stay up then take stock over the summer.That means getting behind our team now.If fans want to vent their fury let them do it here.

29 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ferguson is a full back, not a centre half. Cammy Ballantyne is a right back, not a left back. Carswell is a central midfielder who has shown he is more than competent at centre half yet we shunt him to right back, play a full back at centre back and a right back at left back. It's an utterly bizarre way to setup whether you want to admit it or not.

The goalkeeper selection was ridiculous unless Smith is crippled. Adam wasn't fit, and that clearly showed when he needed carted off. Smith was then flung into the deep end with little to no warning.

We can pussyfoot around it all we want but playing players out of position when we don't need to and taking risky selections with goalkeepers is daft and Duffy has to hold his hands up.

As  for the goalkeeper it all depends on ifJD wanted to see GA in action for himself.Either way hes crocked and that means we will have probably seen the last of him.An Aitken signing that has proven to be flawed.Again lets hope we can now get a decent keeper in.Im not mad on CS but hes a world better than GA.

I don’t get sone of the opinions but always defend that we are all entitled to said opinions. 

Based on today why would Thomson replace Hutton. 

I excuse a little carswell as he is out of position but he was poor today.

i thought Ballantyne was our bestie today followed by boris .

12 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

I don’t get sone of the opinions but always defend that we are all entitled to said opinions. 

Based on today why would Thomson replace Hutton. 

I excuse a little carswell as he is out of position but he was poor today.

i thought Ballantyne was our bestie today followed by boris .

Really? Considering he was playing in a position he's not played in before, in a totally new look back four, I thought Carsy was one of few deserving pass marks today. Jim Duffy even praised him post-match for that.

Anyway with Forbes grabbing another assist I decided to take a wee look at where we'd be without him...The answer? 11 points worse off, and sat with 8 points for the season. Scary how reliant we are on his delivery and goals from dead balls.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

The officialsdebate is endless and i wont go into it.Fans will always complain.But as for the support , there is a reasonable  size element that  have been critical and continue to be so.That is my experience of SONS games over 30 years.

Only 30?

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I often see this sort of chat peddled and I seriously struggle to think of anymore than 1 or 2 times per match where I hear our players receive pelters from the stand.

Much like when I see people claim the ref or linesman were dreadful. 2 or 3 non game changing decisions aside I'm really struggling to think of much the officials got wrong today tbh.

I saw 3 incidents where Montrose players had both arms around our players and the standside lino, who is could clearly see them, did bugger all. As someone else said,he never made a decision - waited on the ref every time. He looked terrified.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
4 minutes ago, RockMusic said:
I saw 3 incidents where Montrose players had both arms around our players and the standside lino, who is could clearly see them, did bugger all. As someone else said,he never made a decision - waited on the ref every time. He looked terrified.

Aye? What 3 incidents was that?

Second half either side of our goal. You must've been in the toilet. One of them resulted in the biggest wailing from the fans during the whole game.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
6 minutes ago, RockMusic said:
Second half either side of our goal. You must've been in the toilet. One of them resulted in the biggest wailing from the fans during the whole game.

The highlights will surely include these 3 incidents of injustice inflicted upon the plucky Sons. I look forward to viewing them.

Well, the original post was about the incompetence of the standside lino,which I agreed with and so added my observations. You surely must have heard the shouts along the lines of "this isnay wrestling", when said incidents occurred? And the lino was slower than  the service in the Stags Head.

40 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Really? Considering he was playing in a position he's not played in before, in a totally new look back four, I thought Carsy was one of few deserving pass marks today. Jim Duffy even praised him post-match for that.

Anyway with Forbes grabbing another assist I decided to take a wee look at where we'd be without him...The answer? 11 points worse off, and sat with 8 points for the season. Scary how reliant we are on his delivery and goals from dead balls.

Yes really 

that’s what I mean about opinions

Well, the original post was about the incompetence of the standside lino,which I agreed with and so added my observations. You surely must have heard the shouts along the lines of "this isnay wrestling", when said incidents occurred? And the lino was slower than  the service in the Stags Head.
I seen the linesman flag for what looked like a couple of iffy offside decisions but he was in a far better position than me to judge. I certainly never seen him miss 3 blatant fouls and I certainly wouldn't judge his performance based on the shouts from our mostly deluded, blame deflecting fans.

Not that it's the linesman's job to pull play back for a foul in the first place.

Sorry but I'm with BBPF here. We constantly complain about referees and linesman. This is a deflection tactic to avoid admitting how shite we are.
The Duffy impact hasn't worked, hopefully he can sort something out but when our best player is a Brechin reject you know we have problems

Archived