Sorry Sons -vs- Angus Azzuri

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of harsh comments here, I fully agree that the defensive members shuffled that much was a dreadful decision, but I thought we shaded the first half. Adam has been worse, as has Hutton, but the usual stick from the stands doesn’t help. Ben Armour I thought, and Barr were quite useful, big henk strolled it, liked the look of Ferguson, but melingui was excellent

Cook is a complete c**t

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Aye, I think it’s pretty clear now we’re going to finish 10th, never mind play-offs. I’d be amazed if anyone disagreed.

I  disagree..i think we will get it together.A lot depends on  getting the best out of the team.We still have time and we are  hardly way behind.

A lot of harsh comments here, I fully agree that the defensive members shuffled that much was a dreadful decision, but I thought we shaded the first half. Adam has been worse, as has Hutton, but the usual stick from the stands doesn’t help. Ben Armour I thought, and Barr were quite useful, big henk strolled it, liked the look of Ferguson, but melingui was excellent

Cook is a complete c**t

^^^ drunk

5 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I  disagree..i think we will get it together.A lot depends on  getting the best out of the team.We still have time and we are  hardly way behind.

I hope you’re right, but the team is garbage. As BBPF says, when your best player is someone Brechin have just binned, it says a lot.

When you look at our next five games, it’s hard to see us taking a single point. Plus with the teams around us sorting themselves out, it’s hard to see us finishing above anyone.

On a day where both teams and the referee were poor the stand side linesman still managed to outdo them in incompetence. I don't think he made one decision all day. Waited for the ref to make the decision every time before putting his flag up. As for the football we can criticise formations all we want but when you have so many players in the team (not them all but a good majority) who clearly don't give a fcuk then it's no surprise we are where we are. I thought the defence was fairly decent given they'd just been thrown together. In front of that there was nothing

Strange game. Should have been a couple of goals to the good before Dumbarton scored with one of their rare forays forward. I thought they'd see the game out but a moment of madness at the back gifted us a pen which Rennie, as he almost always does, tucked away. Would have taken a point before the game, but feel slightly flat not getting them all.

Great to see Milne back, and more importantly, picking up where he left off. I still think we are a player two or light, and not sure about Callaghan at all.  Next week looks like being a decent contest - shame I'll be missing it.

The alternative is to suck on lemons while giving all and sundry shite from the stands.Hardly going to help.We are not going to sack Duffy nor do we have the cash to do so.The best is to support all we can while we are at the games.Football can change quickly

The alternative is to suck on lemons while giving all and sundry shite from the stands.Hardly going to help.We are not going to sack Duffy nor do we have the cash to do so.The best is to support all we can while we are at the games.Football can change quickly
FYI - this isn't the stands. It's a football forum on the internet.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
3 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

FYI - this isn't the stands. It's a football forum on the internet.

I was referring to the abuse from the stands NOT what is written on here.This forum is for venting frustration etc. Im talking about being positive insupporting the team during matches.

I was referring to the abuse from the stands NOT what is written on here.This forum is for venting frustration etc. Im talking about being positive insupporting the team during matches.
I often see this sort of chat peddled and I seriously struggle to think of anymore than 1 or 2 times per match where I hear our players receive pelters from the stand.

Much like when I see people claim the ref or linesman were dreadful. 2 or 3 non game changing decisions aside I'm really struggling to think of much the officials got wrong today tbh.

The officialsdebate is endless and i wont go into it.Fans will always complain.But as for the support , there is a reasonable  size element that  have been critical and continue to be so.That is my experience of SONS games over 30 years.

The officialsdebate is endless and i wont go into it.Fans will always complain.But as for the support , there is a reasonable  size element that  have been critical and continue to be so.That is my experience of SONS games over 30 years.
I heard 1 negative shout from the stand today and it was something along the lines of "Gallagher you're a shitebag".

We really need to forget about such minor things like the very odd shout from the stand or the odd decision the ref gets wrong and start worrying about our piss poor players and bizarre decisions from the manager.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I heard 1 negative shout from the stand today and it was something along the lines of "Gallagher you're a shitebag".

We really need to forget about such minor things like the very odd shout from the stand or the odd decision the ref gets wrong and start worrying about our piss poor players and bizarre decisions from the manager.

What do you suggest we do? We have several players returning from long term injuries plus new players thrust into the team/On top of that some players that are poor while we have others that are still injured.Its not exactly a great situation.I will give you though the odd positioning of players something which SA was a master at.Im willing to give JD time and with another signing or two we can get ateam that can at least stay up this year.

Whats more worrying wont help anyone and wont change anything either.

Jim Duffy can’t be blamed for two players failing to deal with a simple ball. The defender needs to put that out, he doesn’t, and we concede a soft penalty. That’s got fck all to do with Duffy.

For large parts of the game I thought we looked comfortable at the back. Montrose has very little in terms of clear cut chances.

A draw was a fair result but we shot ourselves i. The foot with piss poor defending late on

What do you suggest we do?

Play players in their natural positions/positions they have been performing well in.

Not look to nitpick and blame referees/linesmen/fans shouting and start to accept that we have a shite squad of players and a manager that has done nothing to improve us since he arrived.

Duffy was the manager that most fans wanted. For better or worse, he's the guy we need to hope will get it right.

I thought there were a few positives today. Ballantyne did well enough at left back and Carswell had a solid game. Boris showed a lot of effort and was generally a pest.

Negatives? I thought the big Dutchman looked clumsy and was awkward tackling. I thought the game passed our midfield by - Hutton will get the usual criticism from some but he wasnt any worse than Thomson or Forbes. Bobby Barr wasn't involved enough.

We were poor. It's difficult to see how this group of players turns things around. Craig Barr coming in allows Ferguson to play left back and Ballantyne to play right back. It allows Carswell to play in midfield. It still doesnt answer the questions regarding creativity or actually being able to bury chances and it doesnt solve the goalkeeping problem if neither Adam nor Smith are the answer.

Improvements needed fast because right now I wouldn't pick us to win a relegation play-off, if we even manage to scrape 9th.

Archived