Sorry Sons -vs- Angus Azzuri

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

That's how the golf course looked until I played a 9-iron and instead of digging out a divot I nearly broke my wrist. Otherwise,  jolly good show that chap. Now go pick that drunken bin up.

All bins are now in their rightful place, rounded them up after the pitch was finished so don't panic. 

45 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

All bins are now in their rightful place, rounded them up after the pitch was finished so don't panic. 

Am still a bit concerned that the prone one in the photo appears to have lost a wheel. Please can you confirm that some remedial action has taken place, if this is indeed the case, i.e. has the missing wheel been located and reattached with some attempt having been made to lessen the likelihood of it becoming detached in future? I shudder to think that there is a "wheelie-bin" so-called, sans a wheel, with all the terrible consequences from a "health and safety" perspective of it say, falling over and causing a crush injury to some unwitting fan. #sayitaintsojoe

Apologies, if in fact both of the wheels are in situ and I am simply misinterpreting the scenario.

e.t.a. having blown up the photograph, I can now see that although on the shady side, the missing wheel, is actually nothing of the kind. Phew, that is a relief! Sorry for doubting the integrity of your waste management systems. I stand corrected.

(Yes, I have been avoiding work in composing this. I will get back to the task in hand now.)

3 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Am still a bit concerned that the prone one in the photo appears to have lost a wheel. Please can you confirm that some remedial action has taken place, if this is indeed the case, i.e. has the missing wheel been located and reattached with some attempt having been made to lessen the likelihood of it becoming detached in future? I shudder to think that there is a "wheelie-bin" so-called, sans a wheel, with all the terrible consequences from a "health and safety" perspective of it say, falling over and causing a crush injury to some unwitting fan. #sayitaintsojoe

Apologies, if in fact both of the wheels are in situ and I am simply misinterpreting the scenario.

If it was a home end bin it would be dealt with. But as it's for you guys I don't really care. ;)

Good news regarding Mango. With that in mind I'd line up as follows:

Smith (if he's in the squad)
Ballantyne Henk Mango Ferguson
Forbes Carswell Hutton Barr
Gallagher Armour

I'm no fan of the Carswell and Hutton combo but it's probably not as bad as Hutton and Forbes and I'm keen to see how Forbes and Ballantyne work together. If we had Dom Thomas to replace Gallagher that would be a handy looking team with a couple of options on the bench. I haven't actually seen Armour yet so I've not idea if he'll be a better option than the toiling Gallagher.

I don't really know how good Henk will be and I've only seen Ferguson once but my god it feels good to not have Dyer and Dowie in that back 4.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Good news regarding Mango. With that in mind I'd line up as follows:

Smith (if he's in the squad)
Ballantyne Henk Mango Ferguson
Forbes Carswell Hutton Barr
Gallagher Armour

I'm no fan of the Carswell and Hutton combo but it's probably not as bad as Hutton and Forbes and I'm keen to see how Forbes and Ballantyne work together. If we had Dom Thomas to replace Gallagher that would be a handy looking team with a couple of options on the bench. I haven't actually seen Armour yet so I've not idea if he'll be a better option than the toiling Gallagher.

I don't really know how good Henk will be and I've only seen Ferguson once but my god it feels good to not have Dyer and Dowie in that back 4.

Yep, I'd agree with that. The only debatable one would be playing Ryan Thomson ahead of Hutton/Carswell.

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep, I'd agree with that. The only debatable one would be playing Ryan Thomson ahead of Hutton/Carswell.

I'd debate that Thomson should start ahead of Gallagher actually. Callum seems to have been off it for a number of weeks now and always seems to come back well after sitting on the bench. Thomson is just more of a handful in my opinion.

Well, see you all this Saturday then. I think the Mo have a full squad to pick from but would leave out Bolo as The Sons would no doubt target him again and it's best to try to keep 11 men on the pitch. Hoping Cammy isn't back to his best yet  - some player that when he's on his game.

19 hours ago, Brummo said:

e.t.a. having blown up the photograph, I can now see that although on the shady side, the missing wheel, is actually nothing of the kind. Phew, that is a relief! Sorry for doubting the integrity of your waste management systems. I stand corrected.

(Yes, I have been avoiding work in composing this. I will get back to the task in hand now.)

Even our bins have injury problems.

Given that Paton is suspended for this one, I reckon it'll be a trialist keeper, a back 4 of Ballantyne - Barr - Van Shaik - Ferguson, 2 holding midfielders in Hutton and Carswell, Barr - Thomson - Gallagher in front of them and then Armour up front. Could swap Armour and Thomson and have Ryan playing as a target man. Bench will be Adam, Perry (or Barr if he isnt fit enough to start) and potentially a trialist or 2

Archived