Sorry Sons -vs- Angus Azzuri

Since Dumbarton last played Montrose quite a bit has changed. Andy Little, Andy Dowie, Brad Spencer, Jamie McGowan, Scott Allardice and Dom Thomas have all departed and, well, just Ben Armour has arrived.

The games between the teams so far this season have been as close as they have been poor to watch. The Gable Endies triumphed in the Challenge Cup in September by a single goal, before Stevie Aitken recorded his final win as Sons manager a week later - 2-1 at the Rock - thanks to two goals in as many minutes from Ross Forbes and Andy Dowie. Jim Duffy then took charge of his first away game at Links Park in November - and Sons lost 1-0 again.

I've honestly no idea what are chances are of getting a result in this. Mainly because we don't really have any players. With Dowie, Spencer and McGowan all leaving following the defeat at Brechin, and Michael Paton suspended, Jim is going to have to do some serious work this week to make sure we actually have 11 players out on the park.

Ballantyne, Carswell, Hutton, Gallagher, Forbes, B.Barr, Armour and Ryan Thomson are really the only players we have at the moment - albeit I'd expect Chris Smith to renew his deal and, with a bit of luck, we might see Mango involved. I'd imagine Dyer's virus will have cleared up too, but that doesn't really help us other than providing an additional body.

Given the run of games we have coming up, our dire (or should that be Dyer, eh?) away form and our position in the table, three points in this would be most welcome. I'd bite your hand off for a horrible 1-0 with a wind-assisted flukey own goal (ideally after neat link-up play between Jai Quitongo, Fabian Yantorno and Armand One).

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really is a must win with the run coming up. However, as Ross Forbes says, we don’t have a team, which is a very slight issue... If we go behind it’ll be game over, so we obviously have to score first. Much will depend on who Duffy can bring in during the week, but with barely any time to gel I don’t think we can expect a lot.

To put things into perspective for other fans who maybe think we’re being a tad dramatic about our current situation, if we had to play this game tomorrow we’d be unable to field a starting eleven without trialists.

Tottenham have offered us Llorente on loan (all wages paid) until the end of the season with the option of keeping him at that point being £25 million.

Duffy has turned it down unless we can keep the money and send the player back.

Coming next: Duffy refuses Ozil on the grounds that he'd never replace Hutton.

You can tell that the keg is being changed, can't you?

Looks like the Montrose fans are equally excited as us for this one.
Haha! Excited to get back to winning ways (hopefully). After a couple of difficult games against United and EF we need to see a reaction. The last time we played you guys away we were 0-1 up and well in control and then a few moments of madness cost us the game. Really hope we can control the game for the full match this time and come home with 3 points.

Big couple of weeks coming up for the Mo.
Dumbarton followed by Brechin then Stenny. Win a couple of these games should see us consolidate our League 1 status for next season.
Avoiding defeat in all 3 would be acceptable.

26 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Does that get your approval. ;)

20190125_105858.jpg

That's how the golf course looked until I played a 9-iron and instead of digging out a divot I nearly broke my wrist. Otherwise,  jolly good show that chap. Now go pick that drunken bin up.

Archived