Lichties v Loons 26-01-19

Danny Denholm seems to be finally playing better these last few weeks so hopefully he can provide supply to Wallace and Mckenna if Forfar manage to stop Linn. Forfar had a great chance of beating us at station park before Christmas but never took it. Hopefully another good result on Saturday for the famous smokies.
I would agree with a a post I seen from Simon on the Arbroath thread saying that it should be the same 11 that started against stenny last week. Swankie and Gold work very well together in the middle with gold providing attacking qualities and swankie just bosses the midfield, you wouldn't believe his age.
Wallace was excellent at Stenny and we should stick with him at the moment. Have not been his biggest fan this season at times but he is on form at the moment and deserves his starting place.

Looking like it could be another famous season for us...let's not get carried away too early though eh [emoji6]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Danny Denholm seems to be finally playing better these last few weeks so hopefully he can provide supply to Wallace and Mckenna if Forfar manage to stop Linn. Forfar had a great chance of beating us at station park before Christmas but never took it. Hopefully another good result on Saturday for the famous smokies.
I would agree with a a post I seen from Simon on the Arbroath thread saying that it should be the same 11 that started against stenny last week. Swankie and Gold work very well together in the middle with gold providing attacking qualities and swankie just bosses the midfield, you wouldn't believe his age.
Wallace was excellent at Stenny and we should stick with him at the moment. Have not been his biggest fan this season at times but he is on form at the moment and deserves his starting place.

Looking like it could be another famous season for us...let's not get carried away too early though eh [emoji6]
Not going to be supplying McKenna if the same 11 start. With Spence coming in also McKenna may be used more in midfield.

Really think Spence can score goals in this team. I think him and Wallace would be the two to go with. I love McKenna to bits and there's a place for him in the team somewhere (personally quite like him out wide gives an outball aerially and Omar and DD not been upto much) but Wallace creates so much and a lot of the time the chances don't get put away. Particularly early on in the season he was doing that, Think Spence could be the man to put them away.

Not keen on McKenna out wide personally but feel he could do an excellent job in the centre. Loads of competition for places other than the back four which is good as long as everyone stays happy. One defender in would ease my nerves somewhat though.

Really don’t think we will sign a defenfer now, I think Whatley will be used as back up there , I know it’s not ideal but all the current back 4 can play centre half and we have gold and Whatley as full backs, Mckenna would probably do a job there if needed, boy can play anywhere, 

I worry about McCords time at club, with all these new signings it could give him less game time and I think loosing him to an Angus rival would be a big mistake, 

Also expect Kader to get less and less game time, So much options everywhere, Management have a hard job keeping everyone happy 

51 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Really don’t think we will sign a defenfer now, I think Whatley will be used as back up there , I know it’s not ideal but all the current back 4 can play centre half and we have gold and Whatley as full backs, Mckenna would probably do a job there if needed, boy can play anywhere, 

I worry about McCords time at club, with all these new signings it could give him less game time and I think loosing him to an Angus rival would be a big mistake, 

Also expect Kader to get less and less game time, So much options everywhere, Management have a hard job keeping everyone happy 

After hearing Pinks comments about McCord after the Brechin game and DC boasting about him earlier in the season i think Ryan will be staying with us for the rest of the season, even Ryan said in the press and on Licht TV that he was happy at the club and could not complain not getting in the starting XI given the form of the other players, he is a different player to any other we have, in his last few sub appearances he has been superb taken control of the ball and nobody at the club can pass a ball as accurate as him, i agree Gav and Gold deserves to start before Ryan but he is a superb replacement for any of them and i also agree if for some mad reason we sold him to an Angus rival that would just be utter madness as he would come back to bite you in the erse.

I think IF we go up we should be looking to strengthen at LB, out wide and in the centre of the park. Premiership loans maybe.

McCord will stay with us and eventually take the Swankie role when he calls it a day. Feeling next season might be his last.

Guest bernardblack

Meechan and Bain down the right will HOPEFULLY combat Linn slightly better than the last game.....still fully expect him to score though.

Easton in if fit for me.

Any issues with this being on?

Meechan and Bain down the right will HOPEFULLY combat Linn slightly better than the last game.....still fully expect him to score though.

Easton in if fit for me.

Temperatures at dropping to below zero overnight but I seen the covers down in the far side of the pitch yesterday

5 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Easton in if fit for me.

Coupe deserves his place after last week, Easton hasn't had a good game yet against this mob.

Guest bernardblack
Coupe deserves his place after last week, Easton hasn't had a good game yet against this mob.

Coupe played well at the weekend. Just feel he’d be suited to coming in after 70-75mins and taking advantage of any tired legs

Archived