Lichties v Loons 26-01-19

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting what team DC will pick on Saturday after a great result against Stenny 2 weeks ago and some excellent performances against Celtic (regardless if it was a friendly if someone scores a hat-trick then he is on form and must be a goal-threat).

The team i would start with  on Saturday is a team that i think would get the result required but admit very harsh on some players :-

JAMIESON

THOMSON  LITTLE  T.O.B.  HAMILTON  

LINN  MCKENNA  SWANKIE  DENHOLM

WALLACE    SPENCE 

SUBS :-

HILL

GOLD

WHATLEY

MCCORD

KADER

DONNELLY

DORIS

Be interesting what team DC will pick on Saturday after a great result against Stenny 2 weeks ago and some excellent performances against Celtic (regardless if it was a friendly if someone scores a hat-trick then he is on form and must be a goal-threat).
The team i would start with  on Saturday is a team that i think would get the result required but admit very harsh on some players :-
                                 JAMIESON
THOMSON  LITTLE  T.O.B.  HAMILTON  
LINN  MCKENNA  SWANKIE  DENHOLM
                WALLACE    SPENCE 
SUBS :-
HILL
GOLD
WHATLEY
MCCORD
KADER
DONNELLY
DORIS

Wouldn't complain if that was the lineup. Denholm did start against stenny and also got a hat trick last week so couldn't see him being dropped.

Dont have stats but Dick’s record in angus derby’s is excellent. We have the better team but anything can happen in a derby and forfar were unlucky last time. Gonna go for linn 2 forfar 0

I make it out as
P22 W14 D6 L2 GF43 GA13 GD+30

Guest bernardblack

Very excited for tomorrow. Mostly for the steak and black pudding pie. Would take a draw right now, but fancy us to sneak a win!

Very excited for tomorrow. Mostly for the steak and black pudding pie. Would take a draw right now, but fancy us to sneak a win!
I sadly have to go to Glebe Park 2morrow instead of Gayfield for reasons too complicated to mention. I think this virtually seals the Loons away win at Gayfield I really do.

Would imagine Spencer will come in to replace MacKintosh, doubt he’d sign for a club just to sit on the bench.

Hopefully Easton’s fit to take his place back in the starting 11, must admit I’d rather have Moore on the wing instead of Bain, haven’t been impressed with him on the wing this season.

Hoping for 3 points but will settle for a draw. Although we are on form in our last two Angus derbies! [emoji102]🤪

Guest bernardblack
Would imagine Spencer will come in to replace MacKintosh, doubt he’d sign for a club just to sit on the bench.

Hopefully Easton’s fit to take his place back in the starting 11, must admit I’d rather have Moore on the wing instead of Bain, haven’t been impressed with him on the wing this season.

Hoping for 3 points but will settle for a draw. Although we are on form in our last two Angus derbies! [emoji102]🤪

Agreed RE Easton and Spencer. I do quite like Bain ahead of Meechan though. Worked well on Saturday and should hopefully provide cover against Linn.

With a break in the fixture list last week and next, this game assumes a more important dimension than usual. Very tricky fixture for the Lichties so we need to be firing on all cylinders. Despite significant improvement in home form this season, home games always seem to present a bigger challenge. But we’ve a good squad with options (except in defence) and if the attitude and application are right, would be hoping for a positive result.

Archived