Lichties v Loons 26-01-19

No complaints about the result, we were second best Forfar all over the pitching and gave them far too much room. Their players had loads of space everywhere.

Wallace and Grom Donnelly didn't seem to work very well together, they seemed to both be playing the same position. I would have thought that Donnelly would have stayed through the middle for crosses into the box but having said that he didn't win many high balls. Can't agree with Simon regarding Wallace, I thought he was below average today as was Denholm and a few others.  Would have liked to have seen McCord come on for Swankie at some point. Jamieson had no chance with the goals, both came from our full backs coming infield and leaving loads of space for the Forfar wide players.

We were very unlucky a couple of times in the goalmouth and the Forfar keeper made some good saves but we never had the Forfar defence worried at any time. We are too reliant on Bobby Linn, how often has he carried the team? But he can't do it on his own week after week.

We had to lose at some point but with Raith going down at Brechin not too much damage done but we looked unsettled for large parts of the game, think McKenna would have been a better option alongside Wallace than Donnelly was.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have said on numerous posts that our strikers dont get any service from midfield. today we started with wallace and donnely up front wallace wont win anything in the air donnelly loses hight when he jumps for the ball. both these players want it into feet. then we bring doris and spence on both of them made great runs for balls to feet but the totall lack of imagination from our midfield and also our back 4 who are just content to clear there lines at times must be frustrating for our strikers

have said on numerous posts that our strikers dont get any service from midfield. today we started with wallace and donnely up front wallace wont win anything in the air donnelly loses hight when he jumps for the ball. both these players want it into feet. then we bring doris and spence on both of them made great runs for balls to feet but the totall lack of imagination from our midfield and also our back 4 who are just content to clear there lines at times must be frustrating for our strikers

It's not just poor service, the gap between the forwards and the midfield is huge, not a chance of getting second ball, need Whately back in so Swanks can play a little further forward

Had to happen sometime and today was a good a day as any for us with Raith getting beat by the villagers. We had plenty chances especially in the second half but just it wasn't happening for us today so can't begrudge Forfar the win who tbf played well especially the first half. First time I have seen Donnelly and tbh he was a bit anonymous but i'm sure he will come good once settled in but we could have done with McKenna starting today  however still well clear at the top.

34 minutes ago, The Elephant & Castle said:

Quite a debut for Brad :P

It was indeed , came on scored then sent off all in about 5 minutes. Right side getting ( rightly) praised but for me Eckersley looks very solid at left back. Thought we matched our efforts from Killie last week. Same again at Stark’s next week would be very welcome.

6 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

We have lost not that long ago...just saying. Some making it sound like we've been on a long unbeaten run.

Need to push on now & keep picking up the points, can't rely on Raith slipping up if we do.

Against Forfar like one of their supporters said they've been on our mantlepiece lately they had to beat us eventually.

6 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

It was indeed , came on scored then sent off all in about 5 minutes. Right side getting ( rightly) praised but for me Eckersley looks very solid at left back. Thought we matched our efforts from Killie last week. Same again at Stark’s next week would be very welcome.

He's got a goal or 2 in him, Spencer. Likes a shot from outside the 18 yd box.

I'd have liked to have kept him with Sons.

Also thought the red was maybe a tad harsh considering the 2 Arbroath players escaped without nothing after going in just as ruthless, what a debut for Bradley[emoji102]

Need to see the replay to confirm. It looked a meaty 3 way challenge but i think the forfar boy went in studs up

I would have been happy to get any success from 3 aways to Rugby Park Gayfield and Starks Park so anything next Sat will be a wee cherry on top. Did think if we took the solidity of the defence at Killie to Gayfield we would have a chance and so it proved. Saw 4 0 horror show at Starks earlier so hopefully Sat will be a bit different.

Also thought the red was maybe a tad harsh considering the 2 Arbroath players escaped without nothing after going in just as ruthless, what a debut for Bradley[emoji102]
It was the worst tackle of the match and the ref made his mind up very quickly

for me when mckenna came on in midfield his drive and power in midfied was superd .dont know what game simon was watching but wallace was poor today but i refer to my earlier post regarding service to our strikers before i get the wrath of simon

Mckenna looked our only hope for a stage

I really like Wallace but also didn't think he played well today, I don't think anyone played well today except maybe TOB

So fucking annoying how much stick Wallace gets at home games still, understand he's the furthest player forward, he can be terribly frustrating and is usually closest player to the support but still. Funniest thing about it is it's from same folk that would have Hester playing over him 🤦🏻‍♂️

Out played today ,well done Forfar.  Too much  reliance on Bobby and no out  ball to a non existent right  wing. A gap in midfield giving Forfar too much room.  And Hammy's habit of giving free kicks away by pushing opponents over(at least twice today) does'nt help, even if the game was probably lost by then. McKenna a must every week.

Archived