Lichties v Loons 26-01-19

2 minutes ago, Gayf78 said:

State of some of their fans tho thought they won the league.

I can imagine what they were like but can you blame them? How long have we been on your mantlepiece? Until a month or so ago we hadn't won a derby in a very long time ad never under JW. The Loons have now beat all three Angus teams. Also, we are used to your lot over celebrating and gloating to the max after beating us, you're not in a position to critsize.

i started this post saying "I can imagine" as it's the first Derby I've missed since we beat Brechin 5-1 away on a Boxing Day match a few years ago.  I need to stay away more often!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack
State of some of their fans tho thought they won the league.

How so? Hardly any outrageous celebrations. Just celebrating an unexpected win against the team top of the league, who are better than us.

Really surprised at the subs we made - we had the momentum and were on top for a 10/ 15 minute spell second half and then we took off our main striker who had been involved in all the good link up play and subsequently things completely petered out up top. Really feel we had a very good chance of nabbing a draw if we hadn't taken away our own momentum by changing it.

Must say Forfar were superb - tactically spot on, defended superbly against Bobby Linn and did very well down the flanks. Jim Weir is a very tactically astute manager and today it showed.

If you look at the 3-2 game at Station Park it could have gone either way, and again today although 2-0 I'd say we had the better of the game and it could easily have been a different outcome. Looking at both games, I'd say a win for each team probably about right.

Raith really have handed this league on a plate to the big spenders.....i look forward to seeing how you fare next season. We fully deserved that win today. everyone was excellent and it was a classic case of smash and grab 2nd half.

Vaughan is apparently fucked so good chance of points there for you as well
I was at the Glebe today oddly with a mate. Raith looked ok 1st half but shat it 2nd when pressure proved fruitless after equaliser. That said I saw us pumped 4 0 at Starks so who knows.

We've been fantastic most of the season hopefully you don't jinx it.

Fwiw Forfar are usually quite good to watch too from what I've seen. Play a bit of football and some good tricky players. If they were more solid at the back think they'd be 2nd.

So I thoroughly enjoyed the game today.Probably should have been an early penalty for the handball. Both teams built beautifully from the back in the 1st half hour. Forfar then began to take a grip and Arbroath had their keeper to thank that they were still in the game at halftime. On the goal itself Thomson was caught badly ball watching although it was a great header from the young boy. Forfar created numerous chances in the last 15 of the half with great play down the right flank.

Arbroath then dominated second half, but the game was more frantic than measured. Not really getting on the end of numerous crosses. Many were poor and mCcallums handling was superb all day. Picked off on the counter I fear Thomson was sucked out of position again.

For visitors McCallum, Travis and Hilson were excellent. They had no passengers.

For Arbroath too many were ineffective. Denholm and Swankie particularly. O'Brien was excellent.

Final remarks there are some feckin trumpets in the Arbroath hospitality pen. Can't handle the bevvy I fear. Behave like 10 year olds plenty grown men.

Archived