The Highland Derby

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Stewart had a pretty okay game whereas Mckay struggled to get involved- in the Caley games I'd definently go for the 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Stewart or Graham at the top of the point with Midge/Armstrong/Mullin down the wings with Draper/Spence/Lindsay fighting over the two combative midfielder roles and Vigurs (when fit) being the playmaker because we seriously miss his ability to unpick a defence. The number of times we broke at pace on Caley last night and wasted it with sloppy passes or playing the wrong ball was incredible.

Four goals, extra time, penalties and a great derby cup tie. Thank goodness the TV companies didn't subject us to such entertaining nonsense. 

It's ridiculous you don't get to see the replay when the first tie's shown.

The original tie was probably only broadcast to appease the fans.  There's no way they were going to bid for the replay. 'You had your chance in the first match, that's all you're getting.  Tough shit if it goes to a replay.  We only broadcast it to shut you up'.

Had that been a defeat in a league game I would have been dissapointed, but as its the Scottish Cup I am in all honesty not that bothered.

Tremendous turn out by the away support, the stand looked almost full.

Not the best game of football I will ever see, but I thought we did score 2  good goals.

How did Fox let that final pen get past him.
Spoiler Fox turned the Dundee United league cup match around with his penalty save before Lindsay got the winner, but his record at penalty saving is quite poor overall.

He also saved from Griffiths in the League Cup semi final. He looks to move very early. The first four Caley penalties were gently stroked home in the opposite direction.

The fifth a bit of a calamity from him.

Good luck to Caley in the next round

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The original tie was probably only broadcast to appease the fans.  There's no way they were going to bid for the replay. 'You had your chance in the first match, that's all you're getting.  Tough shit if it goes to a replay.  We only broadcast it to shut you up'.

I think you give them too much credit for actually  thinking about the fans.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Did John Hughes really claim that ICT fans go and watch County games when ICT are playing away from home and vice versa...!?

He's an utter toby.  On what planet would any sane ICT fan traipse 15 miles north to pay 20 odd quid to watch a team you despise playing a team you don't give a jot about?

If I need a football fix on a Saturday and cant go to the ICT game, I go and watch Clach.  They need my money more than County do.

They weren't allowed to show the replay, just like they aren't showing tonight's game at Ibrox.

Looking past United, it's going to be the toughest semi-final draw possible. If you win the cup this year you're going to have to work for it.

Archived