The Highland Derby

On watching some of the game back, Marcus Fraser does bust a gut to overlap Jamie Lindsay more than he has overlapped this season.  Lindsay doesn’t pick him out, maybe it’s a partnership that can develop but since Lindsay doesn’t have much of a cross on him it’s a waste of a resource.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks from the contract news that each station is allowed two ties per round but replays isn’t mentioned. I would assume that the two per round covers replays as well. If so replays will never be shown. Anyone know for sure?

Premier Sports saying they cant because of UEFA restrictions.
I think because its champions league night, those cartel fucks wont even allow a lower-league derby in the Scottish Cup to interfere with their 'business plan'.
So wont be on telly.

Wasn’t West Brom v Notts Forest shown live on Sky last Tuesday when the Champions League was on?

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Wasn’t West Brom v Notts Forest shown live on Sky last Tuesday when the Champions League was on?

Not sure, I'm just going by the Premier Sports tweet.

From the very very little I understand, lower league is allowed to clash (i.e. West Brom - Forest), top flight is not (even diddy top flight games), cups are not (even diddy teams in cups).
Replays are not included in tv deals. 
I think there is the option of showing the game and just taking the hit from the resultant fine/fee, but given the advertising and viewing figures wont be great for the replay, theres no appetite to take the hit? I may be way off with that though.

I may be corrected on some of the above, but hope that helps!

Not sure, I'm just going by the Premier Sports tweet.
From the very very little I understand, lower league is allowed to clash (i.e. West Brom - Forest), top flight is not (even diddy top flight games), cups are not (even diddy teams in cups).
Replays are not included in tv deals. 
I think there is the option of showing the game and just taking the hit from the resultant fine/fee, but given the advertising and viewing figures wont be great for the replay, theres no appetite to take the hit? I may be way off with that though.
I may be corrected on some of the above, but hope that helps!

That does make sense. There is no point in any TV companies picking it up as they would never make any money out of it as only Caley/County fans, the majority of which would be at the game, would be the ones interested in watching it.

20 hours ago, PB1994 said:

That does make sense. There is no point in any TV companies picking it up as they would never make any money out of it as only Caley/County fans, the majority of which would be at the game, would be the ones interested in watching it.

Having said that, the first game seemed to get quite a bit of appreciation by neutrals. The Highland Derby is a thing now.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

If someone wants to stick it up on Periscope feel free. I'll buy you a Harry Gow dream ring as a thank you.

^^^^

Freudian forum for this type of thing.

(down with this type of thing)

The relative ambitions of the two clubs are of interest to me as I look forward to donating half of my match entrance fee to a good cause.

Although it goes without saying that both will want to win the tie, the necessity to do so bears more heavily on the home side.

Robertson gambled by resting players yesterday and going into that game he would considered it unlikely that his team would make it any higher than second. As we now look towards Tuesday, his season target is to fall no further than fourth. 

Moreover, the money from the Tannadice tie and anything else that could feasibly unfold as far as the cup is concerned, would be very welcome in going some way to balance a precarious accounting condition.

The imperative for County, I'd suggest, is to maintain their current position at the top of the league and given their main challenge must surely come from Tayside, I can see why both clubs would wish to avoid the distraction of facing each other next month.

It's fair to say that whilst Caley are concentrated on and prioritising the cup, County should not lose sight of their claim at the league summit.

This all points to a County win.

On 2/17/2019 at 15:46, RiG said:

If someone wants to stick it up on Periscope feel free. I'll buy you a Harry Gow dream ring as a thank you.

If you want to stick a dream ring on Periscope, I'll buy you a ticket for the match as a thank you.

Is there much of a crowd expected at this game? I'm not back from France until Wednesday so will miss it. 

Was Robertson resting players in the defeat to Dunfermline or have ict picked up more injuries?

It seems strange imo to leave players out when your just three points ahead of QoS in the last play off place.

I'm expecting a full strength Caley side with three in the middle again, so no doubt we'll go 4-4-2, panic then go 4-3-3 to try and match up.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Was Robertson resting players in the defeat to Dunfermline or have ict picked up more injuries?

Donaldson's clearly not fit, even when he is playing. No idea why Sean Welsh was benched, but his absence was very disruptive.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Robbo saw that County rested Lindsay and Spence from central midfield on Friday night so felt he ought to do the same with Welsh and Polworth, I reckon.

It'll be Lindsay and Spence for Armstrong and Paton, I reckon.  And the team balance will be non existent.    Which is bad.

And of course, Fox in goals.  Which is good.  

Archived