The Highland Derby

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ICTChris said:

I can remember singing that in a league cup game against Dunfermline in 2001 about Dennis Wyness and it was pretty annoying then.

What are they singing now, I can't make out the words?

Not sure what player the song is about. 

But it's irritating.

23 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Lindsay is not a right midfielder. And yet again we don’t look up for this at all.

I spent near enough the entirety of the 2015/16 season saying that. Smashing centre-mid, but given he can't cross a ball and has no idea when to track a runner it's madness to play him wide.

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

I spent near enough the entirety of the 2015/16 season saying that. Smashing centre-mid, but given he can't cross a ball and has no idea when to track a runner it's madness to play him wide.

Same description as for when he was a Morton.

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Its maybe my old eyes but someone really needs to be in their change strip here 

My first thought when I started watching this. Both teams playing in blue, FFS. 

Scottish fitba, eh ? :lol:

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Brad McKay, oh dear 

He's left space for plenty room for improvement, both tonight and in the future.

My generic politeness disallows me from commenting further on his competence.

Our top scorer (McKay) is out of position in central mid, and our best goal threat from midfield (Lindsay) is out of position on right wing.
And its not working.
All we need is an injured defender and thats our season in a nutshell.

Top of league feels a very false position.

Eta: and our best player (Mullin) is on the bench. Its been an odd season.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

They’ve started doing it down south too, you regularly see Chelsea/Leicester/Everton playing against Man City with both teams in their home strip.

No idea why refs have suddenly decided that one shade of blue vs another shade of blue is now acceptable.

Happy with that, we've been the better team for most of the game, other than a spell after the goal where County came back.  Concerning that County's strong points have been all against our right hand side of defence, which you have to assume is only going to continue in the second half.  In midfield we've done well, which surprised me as I wasn't expecting much from Chalmers and Welsh against Draper etc but we've played them well.  I'd want to see Polworth more involved but Walsh and Doran have been effective attacking.

County look a bit disjointed but they really should've equalised with that Gardyne chance and have threatened a few times.  I'm not entirely comfortable with our defence, although Ridgers being in goal is a plus.

5 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Add to that the red flashing on the Inverness top and the clash with the union flag red on County's strip

I’ve switched over to Wolves v Newcastle during half time and it’s like I’ve just had laser eye surgery.

It really is pathetic that the FA Cup can take centre stage on BBC1 in HD midweek, but the Scottish Cup is relegated to BBC2 in blurryvision.

Archived