The Highland Derby

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 1/19/2019 at 16:29, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

They are still searching the Cromarty Firth to find out where Shaun Rooney's jaw ended up.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Fully expect some faceless ICT jobber to make a c**t of himself again.

We get it, you really want to show how much this derby means to you. The problem is we don’t know who you are. 

What to make of this dispiriting machismo?

In a footballing context, there is a consensus that suggests Inverness haven't exactly had the run of the green over their counterparts from Dingwall this season. It'll be interesting to see how the respective squads are presented as the January window closes.

11 hours ago, yoda said:

Fully expect some faceless ICT jobber to make a c**t of himself again.

We get it, you really want to show how much this derby means to you. The problem is we don’t know who you are. 

big team no more.jpg

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Ross County.

This fixture always reminds me of the two occasions a Ross County fan has admitted to me in person, that they take greater pleasure in seeing ICT lose, than they do seeing Ross County win.  I have absolutely no doubt there are some County fans on here that feel the same.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

they take greater pleasure in seeing ICT lose, than they do seeing Ross County win.  I have absolutely no doubt there are some County fans on here that feel the same.

This is a scientific fact.

One only has to glance at the choice of avatar on this very page for incontrovertible verification.

Caley have proved they've definently got enough to cause us issues over three games so far. Outplayed us for sixty minutes in Dingwall, fairly even game in Inverness then bossed the last game and ended up losing 2-1 (and oh boy was that beautiful).

Hopefully the win down at Motherwell is a sign of us actually putting some decent stuff together. Home win, with at least one red card.

Hopefully we finally put in a good performance but ultimately it's the result that matters.

How long is Donaldson out for? Did I see Walsh was injured too? I was impressed with him in the last match albeit he was playing against a young CB who has never played at left-back before.

5 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Hopefully we finally put in a good performance but ultimately it's the result that matters.

How long is Donaldson out for? Did I see Walsh was injured too? I was impressed with him in the last match albeit he was playing against a young CB who has never played at left-back before.

Seems likely that both will be out for this Cup tie. Think I read that Donaldson is about a month on the sidelines and Walsh is looking at 2 months out. Whilst McCart can come in for Donaldson, and has been excellent when he has played this season, it does mean that we are forced to continue with Mckay in defence who is rank.

McCart and Donaldson are v good at this level.  Brad McKay's level is League Two at best.  Can't tackle, can't pass and slips and ends up on his arse every game at least once.

51 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

But! But! But! But he celebrated a goal in-front of them once!

*Plays immensely sad tune on cheap violin*

The hilarity mr rooney caused about 30mins after his goal, when he hobbled off the park behind the away end  goal, is why so many County fans I know hold him in such high regard  Karma can be a beautiful thing  :lol: 

How far did he run, to get punched in the face by Graham in the Dingwall match anyway, he's certainly a fans favourite with us :P

Archived