Hibs v Raith Rovers

Rovers2017

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/25/2019 at 12:14, Easy Days for Raith said:

Will the bottom and the top tier both be open?

Not likely - for that to happen Raith fans would need to fill up the bottom-west corner of the South stand (i.e. bring more than ~1000 fans, which they might well do) AND Hibs demand would need to be high enough to warrant packing some into the bottom-east corner of the south, which isn't likely AND Raith would have to agree to give up some of their mandatory 20% allocation (which I imagine they'd would). If you want a top-tier seat, your best bet would be to buy the ticket as late as possible, but it's unlikely - the 2016 Easter Road cup tie vs Raith had the away fans sitting in the bottom tier only.

Where are Raith fans going for a pint? My first time Edinburgh away and with the egg chasing on I’ve nae clue.

Mash tun is most likely the most popular shout, on Easter Road itself, and about 5mins walk to the ground. I’ll probably end up there, however I’m sure it wasn’t quite as good last time and said I’d go else where next time. So other options are welcome...

ETA - I’m pretty sure there’s also a pub across the road from the Mash Tun, if that’s still there, anyone know if that’s worth a visit?

12 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Mash tun is most likely the most popular shout, on Easter Road itself, and about 5mins walk to the ground. I’ll probably end up there, however I’m sure it wasn’t quite as good last time and said I’d go else where next time. So other options are welcome...

ETA - I’m pretty sure there’s also a pub across the road from the Mash Tun, if that’s still there, anyone know if that’s worth a visit?

Went there for the playoff game and it was absolutely rammed and mainly with Hibs fans. 

14 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Went to that pub the Middletons  Bar as Mash Tun was rammed with bar lunchers and it was fine.Mix of supporters but in the main Rovers.decent sing song

I’d like to think we’ll take more than 1000 to this. Scottish Cup has a tendency to capture the imaginations of fair weather fans. We ended up in the top tier for the 3-2 cup game so hopefully it’s an option if we bring enough through.

Raith Rovers are set to face Hibernian in the 5th Round of the William Hill Scottish Cup on Saturday 9th February at Easter Road. The game will kick off at 3.00pm. We have received 1,900 tickets for the South Stand and we hope to see as many Rovers fans filling these seats as possible.

Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday 30th January from 10 am until 4 pm for season ticket holders only.

They will then be on general sale on Thursday 31st January from 10 am until 7 pm. 

Ticket prices are £20 for adults, £10 for Under 17, over 65 and full-time students and regular match price depending on age for wheelchair and ambulant disabled.

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Stark’s Park office between these hours or by calling 01592 263514. Postage is £1 per transaction.

Public transport is expected to be busy on match day due to the Scotland v Ireland Six Nations match kicking off at 2.15pm at Murrayfield, therefore Raith Rovers are offering subsidised coach travel from Stark’s Park to Easter Road. The Raith Suite will be open from 10 am where hot breakfast rolls and refreshments will be available. The buses will leave Stark’s Park at 1 pm, drop off at Easter Road and then return to Stark’s Park after the match. The return bus will cost £5 and can be booked when purchasing tickets.

5 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Public transport is expected to be busy on match day due to the Scotland v Ireland Six Nations match kicking off at 2.15pm at Murrayfield, therefore Raith Rovers are offering subsidised coach travel from Stark’s Park to Easter Road. The Raith Suite will be open from 10 am where hot breakfast rolls and refreshments will be available. The buses will leave Stark’s Park at 1 pm, drop off at Easter Road and then return to Stark’s Park after the match. The return bus will cost £5 and can be booked when purchasing tickets.

That's very decent of Raith, fair play to them. Hopefully bring a big crowd down.

250+ tickets sold already this morning, and 2 buses full with the travel option too. Good numbers at such an early stage.
1900 tickets allocated, I hope the club do a marker announcement again; 500/1000/1200/1500/1900 tickets sold etc. That was class for the Pars game.

On 25/01/2019 at 13:52, foreverarover said:

The stuff I hate with hibs is you will find the home support will pay less than the visiting support. This has happened in the past in our trips to Easter Road.

Erm what? I’m almost 100% sure you can’t just charge away fans more than the home fans. I think you’re making this up.

Archived