Hibs v Raith Rovers

Rovers2017

Surely we could've tried two up front at some point?
Why would that have made any difference when we had an injured striker playing up front? Nisbett was brought back quicker than he should have been because Vaughan got injured. It was evident last week never mind today. Probably the one player who I'm not sure was managed right with injury since mcglynn came in.
The very same, paint brush for a fringe.
So much for him being banned!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Hibs for accommodating RaithTV so well today. In a wee change, our highlights will be up on the website at midnight now. 

Hope to see all the Rovers' ladies and gents on Saturday for a key game in our league campaign.

Thanks to Hibs for accommodating RaithTV so well today. In a wee change, our highlights will be up on the website at midnight now. 
Hope to see all the Rovers' ladies and gents on Saturday for a key game in our league campaign.
If we get those numbers turning up next week I'll be shocked! As much as it comes across as a negative point, I appreciate the fans I see week in week out at games. Win, lose or draw. It annoys me that the club doesn't get the backing in the "smaller" games in the league.

OK we lost today and were outclassed.
One thing to mention and it's this, what a noise the folk made throughout the game adding atmosphere and volume in praise of their team.
Take a bow every man and woman involved.
And child! Was great to see kids who are likely under 12 (I didn't ask for Id) singing away on the way home.

Was a great idea by the club to put the buses on. As you say it didn't go how we would have liked. We can't really fault anyone who was involved today! Outsung a shite home support in one of the best stadiums in the country, that we've enjoyed from lining up against Klinsmann to mcnulty in.

I only moan about people not turning up for the smaller games because I love my club and think it deserves a better support!

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

And child! Was great to see kids who are likely under 12 (I didn't ask for Id) singing away on the way home.

Was a great idea by the club to put the buses on. As you say it didn't go how we would have liked. We can't really fault anyone who was involved today! Outsung a shite home support in one of the best stadiums in the country, that we've enjoyed from lining up against Klinsmann to mcnulty in.

I only moan about people not turning up for the smaller games because I love my club and think it deserves a better support!

The club quite successfully hyped todays game, this was a risk which I doubt will see the bus subsidy (including the gate share) manage to break even.

However, today was a coming together of fans with one purpose and despite the result, shows that the management, staff and volunteers can pull off an event which benefits the club and furthers interest in games involving Raith Rovers.

I saw a Tweet earlier, forgive the lack of link, in which a Hibs fan stated that we brought more fans to Easter Road than most Premiership teams.

That in itself gives credit to our fans and club.

20 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

A shame for Raith and the lad Vaughan that he couldn't play in the game after such a good display in the previous round. Good for us mind you. 

Wouldn't mind signing him in the summer. 

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Please name your price, he is under contract until 2020

This is Hibs we're talking about so £250k plus a sell on clause. A John McGinn type deal. St Mirren got 750k from Aston Villa last year,  I think he could step up although he wouldn't be guaranteed a start. 

3 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

This is Hibs we're talking about so £250k plus a sell on clause. A John McGinn type deal. St Mirren got 750k from Aston Villa last year,  I think he could step up although he wouldn't be guaranteed a start. 

We would probably take that seeing as he has a fucked ACL.

Please forward your mothers maiden name and your PIN as well as your date of birth.

6 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

You’re free to divide your price by a factor of 1,000, due to our well used ‘canae stand in his way, team he supported as a boy’ clause.

15 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

OK we lost today and were outclassed.

One thing to mention and it's this, what a noise the folk made throughout the game adding atmosphere and volume in praise of their team.

Take a bow every man and woman involved.

It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts. Take the cut of the gate money, sell a DVD of beating us 3-0 and wee team will be flush with cash in no time.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's not the winning, it's the taking part that counts. Take the cut of the gate money, sell a DVD of beating us 3-0 and wee team will be flush with cash in no time.

Beating Dunfermline is not that big a deal to warrant a DVD but I'd happily buy the Dunfermline relegation DVD that would be a laugh. 

21 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Turned out to be a real damp squib in the end, which is a shame. Hibs are just miles, miles better than us, and there’s not much we could really do about that. Hibs were so much faster to close us down and put us under pressure and we just couldn’t cope. Pish to watch but hard to criticise to be honest. Best of luck to Hibs in the next round. 

Are you really surprised ? Hibernian are an SPL  club , you lot are in the seaside league with us  . Why do you think you can compete at SPL level when you clearly no where near that ?  Reality check for you lot , Billy big boy mentality   WHY DO YOU HAVE THIS  ? :unsure2:

Archived