Hibs v Raith Rovers

Rovers2017

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fookin love a day out in the capital and I’d suspect we’ll take a big noisy away crowd to this. We’ll need to be at our best, and then some, and hope Hibs have an off day if we’re to go through. Being realistic though Hibs will more than likely get the win without needing to get out 2nd gear.

Pretty decent draw, would have probably liked an easier draw at home and then a big team in the 1/4 finals, but all the same really.
Looking forward to a wee day out in Edinburgh and considering only a few seasons back it felt like we were at Easter Road almost every 2nd week, it now feels ages since we’ve been there.
Standard ScotFail will have cancelled services and there’ll be twice as many people going due to the egg chasing (shite sport!), so trains will be horrendous no doubt. I’d imagine the Hearts game will be moved to accommodate purely because it’s closer to Murrayfield/all off/on at Haymarket.
Fingers crossed we can make a game of it and keep it as competitive for as long as possible, and Hibs have an off day so we can shock late.
Mashton more than likely the choice for boozer but if I remember correctly the last time I was in there it wasn’t as good, as previous times.

19 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Public transport should be interesting as Scotland are at Home to Ireland in the 6 nations at the same time.

Trains from Perth, Dundee and Aberdeen will be absolutely rammed. Fife Circle trains (slow ones) should be okay at Kirkcaldy.

1 hour ago, Growl3th said:

I'll probably drive to the Gyle and take the tram in from there.

I work at the Airport and the Tram folk were saying how the 6 nations means the trams are absolutely rammed from the airport and sometimes have to miss stops because its too full. Best case is maybe Ingleston Park & Ride, suppose earlier you get on the tram less likely you are to miss one. 

On 21/01/2019 at 03:09, steakngravy said:

Won't get to this as I'll be in Cape Town on holiday, if we managed a draw would be back for the replay please John.

There's a guy on Fantalk by the name of Zicoromaines also going to Cape Town shortly. Quite a coincidence, eh?

Maybe the two of you could meet up and have a wee chin wag?

21 hours ago, Growl3th said:

I'll probably drive to the Gyle and take the tram in from there.

It might be easier to go to the Hermiston P&R and use the number 35 bus (or 300 depending on what the branding is this week). The bus will be cheaper than the tram (no idea about car parking and costs, because I hate those filthy things), it'll take you right down Easter Road, and won't be mobbed with egg chasers. Probably faster too.

If you’ve got the car, you’re just as well carrying on and parking at Leith Links or similar to be honest. The rugby kicks off at 2:15 so the worst of the traffic will be well gone by the time you’re heading through. Not sure what advantage you’re going to get parking at the Gyle or any Park & Rides.

Home game for me. Praying for it to be confirmed for Saturday at 3pm.

17 hours ago, Beachbum said:

There's a guy on Fantalk by the name of Zicoromaines also going to Cape Town shortly. Quite a coincidence, eh?

Maybe the two of you could meet up and have a wee chin wag?

Or better still, Steakngravy could show Zicoromaines how to log into Rovers abroad TV and they can watch the match together. 

On 21/01/2019 at 15:22, Scary Bear said:

Trains from Perth, Dundee and Aberdeen will be absolutely rammed. Fife Circle trains (slow ones) should be okay at Kirkcaldy.

The trains coming home will affect the egg chasers more than us - we'll get the seats at Waverley and they'll have to stand when they get on at Haymarket. 

29 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I'll share a bottle of wine with you.

We'll need to be on the Danny McGrain before the 9 o'clock bevvy curfew. 

I remember a load of drunk bints trying to hide drink from the train guard when we were returning from a game at Tynecastle a few seasons ago and you offering to, ahem, assist them. 

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

We'll need to be on the Danny McGrain before the 9 o'clock bevvy curfew. 

I remember a load of drunk bints trying to hide drink from the train guard when we were returning from a game at Tynecastle a few seasons ago and you offering to, ahem, assist them. 

That was quite fun, it turned out I knew the lassie that got of at Dalmeny and the rest wanted me to dish the dirt.

*There was no dirt to dish.

Archived