Heart of Midlothian v Auchinleck Talbot, Scottish Cup Fifth Round, 10/02/2019

Elixir

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Shanner said:

By my completely arbitrary and newly made up definition Talbot did themselves proud. Hearts, as a top division side should be winning by a minimum of one goal per tier. In many ways Talbot won. Well done Talbot! 

Shouldn’t be losing at all. Talbot play at the pinnacle of Scottish football, according to some of their fans.

11 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Shouldn’t be losing at all. Talbot play at the pinnacle of Scottish football, according to some of their fans.

Ocht, i agree fully with all the pro pyramid dudes and agree Talbot should be moving on but today isn't the time for that guff mate.  End of the day they've done pretty well for a supposedly insular side.  At the very least this cup run should remove any doubt about Talbot's will to put their reputation on the line. 

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:30, Lyle Lanley said:

Auchinleck to win 1-0 here. 

5 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Mon u Auchinleckies, set aboot these sticks.

4 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Hoping Talbot pull off another shocker against the East coast spoon burners.

Sorry,, lads. :(

Should have just left for the boozer at half-time with the game already signed, sealed, delivered (I'm yours).

Auchinshoogle fans singing about Rudi Skacel being a refugee before the game and cheering when Smith clearly had a genuinely bad injury. Classy stuff.

Back to your backwater village and fitba you go. Is it Celtic Park or Ibrox next weekend?

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Should have just left for the boozer at half-time with the game already signed, sealed, delivered (I'm yours).

Auchinshoogle fans singing about Rudi Skacel being a refugee before the game and cheering when Smith clearly had a genuinely bad injury. Classy stuff.

Back to your backwater village and fitba you go. Is it Celtic Park or Ibrox next weekend?

Poor show with the scacel stuff. Very fucking poor. 

39 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Monkey noises also heard....

Big thanks to the Hearts supporters who stayed back and applauded our team off the park. The gulf was massive between the two sides but thankfully we kept the score respectable.  A great day out at a magnificent stadium. Unfortunately a big game like this attracted a few idiots who are never seen at a Talbot game except for cup finals. I heard one had a tri-colour which the steward confiscated. I actually missed our disallowed goal due to some tosser standing in front of me trying to goad the Hearts fans by crossing himself and mumbling pish about Celtic. I know him and he hasn't been inside a chapel since his communion. Anyway thanks for the memories and with this new pyramid pish we might be up at Tynecastle again on league business.:lol:

16 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Need to give it a rest son your becoming rather boring.

Tommy Sloan told the BBC he wants Talbot to play at that level. Fair play to him for going against the wishes of the fans.

I was right ! Ha best team won although I thought Talbot subs got brought on a bit too late and could see a difference when they came on, unlucky not to get a goal also unlucky conceding a couple of deflected goals.

Talbot didn’t seem to actually do anything wrong they just came up against a better team who didn’t screw up. It was reminiscent of watching Hearts lose 5-0 to spurs.

They well deserved to be applauded off. They had after all won through 6 rounds to get to Tynecastle which is at least one more than we’ll manage even if we win the damn thing

The last team that got beat 4-0 at Tynecastle was Celtic last season so when you look at it like that it’s a great omen for the rest of your season

2 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Tommy Sloan told the BBC he wants Talbot to play at that level. Fair play to him for going against the wishes of the fans.

Tynecastle was the size of Auchinleck so I don't think we will ever get to that level.

Archived