Heart of Midlothian v Auchinleck Talbot, Scottish Cup Fifth Round, 10/02/2019

Elixir

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Talbot supporter said:
1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:
This isn't intended to be disrespectful, but 8/1 is pretty short for a junior team at one of the toughest away grounds in Scotland.  Pretty sure I've seen teams like Hamilton with longer odds at Tynie.

It's 14/1 talbot

That's a bit more realistic, I was looking at Btw's odds he posted.

I'd be going pretty strong for this one, though we've got a big squad with players who've been waiting for a chance so wouldn't be against a few changes.  Would fancy something like:

Zlamal

Godinho   Shaughnessy  Dikamona    Garuccio

Morrison        Djoum   Cochrane     Mitchell

Naismith

Vanecek

Enough experience and spine of guys who've been involved all season.  If he was fit to start I'd put Uche in for Naismith and go two up top and have Naismith in reserve in case of emergency.

I'd be going pretty strong for this one, though we've got a big squad with players who've been waiting for a chance so wouldn't be against a few changes.  Would fancy something like:

Zlamal

Naismith

Vanecek

Enough experience and spine of guys who've been involved all season.  If he was fit to start I'd put Uche in for Naismith and go two up top and have Naismith in reserve in case of emergency.

I’d need to have a look at who, if anyone, played in the cup while out on loan but that’s a stronger team that I would play (I think we will field a pretty strong team though)

38 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Zlamal

Naismith

Vanecek

Given that we're very likelyto have someone stretchered off I'd be a bit careful about who we risk against this lot.

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given that we're very likelyto have someone stretchered off I'd be a bit careful about who we risk against this lot.

They aren't particularly dirty TBF. 

9 hours ago, happy said:

Looking good.

20181228_153439.jpg

Is that the Auchinshoogle support already arrived in civilisation?

2 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Naismith is the main player I fear from yous

Why is that?

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Zlamal

Naismith

Vanecek

Can't see us dropping the keeper and two first choice CB for this tbh, add to that playing Godinho, Cochrane and vanacek from the start and an out of favour Mitchell and we are probably looking quite disjointed.

2 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

Can't see us dropping the keeper and two first choice CB for this tbh, add to that playing Godinho, Cochrane and vanacek from the start and an out of favour Mitchell and we are probably looking quite disjointed.

Can't see us dropping Berra either but those two have shown they are good enough to play, Dikamona especially deserves a go imo after harshly being dropped. 

Vanacek done ok in the last round and needs minutes, if you can't give him it here when will he get it? Mitchell has also been much better in his last few sub appearances and Godinho only dropped out on Friday because it was a plastic pitch I think, he was good against St Johnstone. 

51 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Can't see us dropping Berra either but those two have shown they are good enough to play, Dikamona especially deserves a go imo after harshly being dropped. 

Vanacek done ok in the last round and needs minutes, if you can't give him it here when will he get it? Mitchell has also been much better in his last few sub appearances and Godinho only dropped out on Friday because it was a plastic pitch I think, he was good against St Johnstone. 

I can see us giving folk game time but not in such a wholesale way, if we do we are taking the piss a bit and risking a bad result.

Doyle

Souttar Smith Berra

Morrison Haring* Djoum Mulraney

Naismith

Uche Clare

Mulraney looked like Bale against Cove Rangers so I'd definitely have him in for this. 3 at the back allows us to effectively play 6/7 attacking players at once.

Not into the idea of playing reserves for the sake of it. Give Vanecek and Cochrane a run out in the second half after we're a few goals up.

39 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To be honest i was basing my comment on having seen them seven years ago. On reflection they may now be completely different to that bunch

While not at our best we certainly played expansive enough at times that gave them plenty chances to be hatchet men but any fouls were mostly of the "fair" type.  

If they somehow beat you on Sunday I'm expecting to be adopted as their lucky Scottish cup mascot and get a ticket for the final. 

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

While not at our best we certainly played expansive enough at times that gave them plenty chances to be hatchet men but any fouls were mostly of the "fair" type.  

If they somehow beat you on Sunday I'm expecting to be adopted as their lucky Scottish cup mascot and get a ticket for the final. 

I thought after the last round they just got to keep you!

Archived