Killie v Cowdenbeaths conquerors

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sectarianism has been going on for years so I think comparing it to the Dene Shiels incident (which was regrettable and unsavoury) is a lot of nonsense.

ps. Is your avatar not a well known, bigoted, movie/novel character ??

Would be interested to see where I compare them. 

And aye, character from a movie called Filfth, you probably have a point you're trying to get across with regards to it?... 

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sectarianism has been going on for years so I think comparing it to the Dene Shiels incident (which was regrettable and unsavoury) is a lot of nonsense.
ps. Is your avatar not a well known, bigoted, movie/novel character ??

Would be interested to see where I compare them. 

And aye, character from a movie called Filfth, you probably have a point you're trying to get across with regards to it?... 

What does having a fictional character as an avatar have to do with anything?

6 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Rangers supporters on here once again condoning sectarian abuse by the way of whataboutery. Every one of them are either bigots or help the cause.

Would pretty much agree with that. If they don't do it, they certainly accept it. Overheard a couple of Sevco fans in work yesterday kicking off about it. 2 decent guys (I thought up until now) who I get on well with, but they were both enraged at Clarke's comments and the usual whataboutery, saying they should be allowed to say what they want at the football. 

The authorities really need to grow a pair with this and bring in extreme measures. Points deductions, stadium closures and substantial fines - I'd even go as far as awarding 3 points to the opposition if they started their nonsense and abandon the game. A wishy-washy approach here will do f**k all. Maybe, they would then finally realise how utterly unacceptable this is in society. 

Would pretty much agree with that. If they don't do it, they certainly accept it. Overheard a couple of Sevco fans in work yesterday kicking off about it. 2 decent guys (I thought up until now) who I get on well with, but they were both enraged at Clarke's comments and the usual whataboutery, saying they should be allowed to say what they want at the football. 
The authorities really need to grow a pair with this and bring in extreme measures. Points deductions, stadium closures and substantial fines - I'd even go as far as awarding 3 points to the opposition if they started their nonsense and abandon the game. A wishy-washy approach here will do f**k all. Maybe, they would then finally realise how utterly unacceptable this is in society. 

Start off with closing one bit of the stadium. The bit behind the dugouts for instance. If it carries on close another bit, then another bit. If it subsided then gradually open the sections back up again.

Hopefully this would make the fans that aren’t actually doing anything wrong stand up to the clowns that are as they could find themselves punished for someone else’s stupidity.

However it’s unlikely the authorities will actually grow a pair anytime soon so it’s a waste of breath trying to come up with a solution.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Start off with closing one bit of the stadium. The bit behind the dugouts for instance. If it carries on close another bit, then another bit. If it subsided then gradually open the sections back up again.

Hopefully this would make the fans that aren’t actually doing anything wrong stand up to the clowns that are as they could find themselves punished for someone else’s stupidity.

However it’s unlikely the authorities will actually grow a pair anytime soon so it’s a waste of breath trying to come up with a solution.

That is far too sensible a proposal.

I'd probably propose taking off and nuking the entire site from orbit...

tumblr_m5ky76jbbu1qihmkko1_500.gif

The way I see it the SFA can’t act against one arse cheek.  If they actually deduced points or dished out fines.  The whatabouttary meter would be blown off the scale.  The solution.  Invite UEFA to deal with it.  Completely impartial.  Have observers at every OF game.  Any abuse and fines, deductions and Euro bans etc could be used.  It would finish it off in 1 season.

44 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

The way I see it the SFA can’t act against one arse cheek.  If they actually deduced points or dished out fines.  The whatabouttary meter would be blown off the scale.  The solution.  Invite UEFA to deal with it.  Completely impartial.  Have observers at every OF game.  Any abuse and fines, deductions and Euro bans etc could be used.  It would finish it off in 1 season.

UEFA ???? 

£100 fine for each Club. 

59 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

:lol::lol: can you even imagine the look on the UEFA boys face when he's told what's been sung?

Lost the quote but Grant228 You are right that other clubs are up to unsavoury stuff too including Falkirk but if I can bring you back to the point I was making when I mentioned Shiels.

And I am glad you mentioned Inverness too, because that got media coverage (probably a hundred folk singing?) The eyeball thing got massive media coverage (think 5 or 6 folk were charged?)

Both incidents drew strong condemnation from the club, an apology from the club to Shiels and from Kevin O'Hara.

Do you think then that the club response and the media coverage a diddy club got to instances of abuse (and lets consider fan numbers, regularity of incident etc) is in any way proportionate to the arse cheeks?

Do you see a similar level of intent from Rangers or Celtic as what Falkirk demonstrated to deal with it?

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

As expected you shift your focus elsewhere.

Kris Boyd is an experienced player who has been subject to ridiculous abuse from Celtic fans ever since he joined Rangers. He’s been called an *********** and Celtic fans put up effigies after his brother committed suicide. It’s well known he takes the verbals on the chin and even though they shouldn’t happen he appears to be able to accept it and move on. It appears more likely after the game that Clarke would allow his captain to deal with how he saw fit. Had it been a younger player coming through then yes it would’ve been better had Clarke come out and defended the player. The fact that Rangers fans are using this to try and say Clarke only cares about the abuse if it’s directed at him or if it comes from Rangers fans is absurd. No one knows what conversation Clarke and Boyd has behind the scenes.

However in Boyds social media post he said he wouldn’t tolerate the tossing of coins. Something which Clarke also condemned.

But as usual this is the type of whataboutery Rangers fans come up with. Sad to see.

It's ok because Boyd is experienced and takes it on the chin?

I really don't care what Stevens motives were, It's all embarrassing and it all needs stopped, it makes the country look backward. 

No such thing as whataboutery, people will always draw comparisons with other incidents. It doesn't take away from condemnation of embarrassing and outdated songs.

8 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Rangers supporters on here once again condoning sectarian abuse by the way of whataboutery. Every one of them are either bigots or help the cause.

Nonsense like this is just for likes, shame really.

14 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Don't know about anyone else, but to see Sky Sports News have this as one of their main stories just made me sad and embarrassed. 

Basically this.

Just now, bennett said:

I really don't care what Stevens motives were, It's all embarrassing and it all needs stopped, it makes the country look backward. 

No such thing as whataboutery, people will always draw comparisons with other incidents. It doesn't take away from condemnation of embarrassing and outdated songs.

Nonsense like this is just for likes, shame really.

Basically this.

Bennett, a sensible post.  Are you unwell?

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

I've already stated it's not ok, try actually reading the post. Boyd himself has said he's used to the verbals so I would presume he's told Clarke this and said he could handle it. The coin tossing is separate as Boyd has said he won't put up with it and Clarke came out and backed him up. 

In terms of Gerrard he had a chance in his press conference to slam the abuse but sort of brushed over it whilst saying how it wasn't acceptable. 

To deny the existence of whataboutery is just stupid. Both sets of the OF are constantly using it to make the other look worse than the other. 

However I do agree that the whole situation makes the country look backward and, although they won't be, those responsible should be ashamed.  

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I've already stated it's not ok, try actually reading the post. Boyd himself has said he's used to the verbals so I would presume he's told Clarke this and said he could handle it. The coin tossing is separate as Boyd has said he won't put up with it and Clarke came out and backed him up. 

In terms of Gerrard he had a chance in his press conference to slam the abuse but sort of brushed over it whilst saying how it wasn't acceptable. 

To deny the existence of whataboutery is just stupid. Both sets of the OF are constantly using it to make the other look worse than the other. 

However I do agree that the whole situation makes the country look backward and, although they won't be, those responsible should be ashamed.  

I did read your post and it could be taken in that manner, which is why I asked a question. 

Pretty sure that Rangers have condemned it very strongly, especially Dave King.

Whataboutery is a nonsense. You can condemn embarrassing and ridiculous songs from our support yet still mention other instances of bigotry, it takes nothing away from the Clarke incident.

I'm glad we see the last part similarly.

I did read your post and it could be taken in that manner, which is why I asked a question. I'm glad that we see it similarly.
Pretty sure that Rangers have condemned it very strongly, especially Dave King.
Whataboutery is a nonsense. You can condemn embarrassing and ridiculous songs from our support yet still mention other instances of bigotry, it takes nothing away from the Clarke incident.

Dave Kings statement was good but the fact that Gerrard has instead jumped to asking why Clarke didn’t defend Boyd isn’t so good. All I’m saying is it would’ve been better had Gerrard touched on it more during his press conference but perhaps he wasn’t aware of the issue or at least how bad it actually was.

I agree you can condemn the songs and also condemn Celtic or other clubs for their bigotry however it’s the constant attempts from fans trying to one up each other that annoys me. I’m all for supporters taking responsibility for their actions and getting others to do the same but don’t try and shift all the blame onto others like I’ve seen some on social media doing.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dave Kings statement was good but the fact that Gerrard has instead jumped to asking why Clarke didn’t defend Boyd isn’t so good. All I’m saying is it would’ve been better had Gerrard touched on it more during his press conference but perhaps he wasn’t aware of the issue or at least how bad it actually was.

I agree you can condemn the songs and also condemn Celtic or other clubs for their bigotry however it’s the constant attempts from fans trying to one up each other that annoys me. I’m all for supporters taking responsibility for their actions and getting others to do the same but don’t try and shift all the blame onto others like I’ve seen some on social media doing.

Asking why Clarke never defended Boyd is legitimate enough and takes nothing away from condemning the bigoted song which was aimed at him.  There would be something wrong if it wasn't mentioned.

It's not about blame, we (RFC) have a problem, other Scottish clubs also have a problem with offensive/discriminatory songs and chants.  Bring it all out into the open and deal with it.

Asking why Clarke never defended Boyd is legitimate enough and takes nothing away from condemning the bigoted song which was aimed at him.  There would be something wrong if it wasn't mentioned.
It's not about blame, we (RFC) have a problem, other Scottish clubs also have a problem with offensive/discriminatory songs and chants.  Bring it all out into the open and deal with it.

Yes it should be brought out into the open. I agree with that. But I’m still seeing Rangers fans on Twitter trying to shift any blame away from themselves. That’s not right.

Archived