Killie v Cowdenbeaths conquerors

No.i am saying if Kilmarnock had won then nothing about sectarianism would have came up.

Doesn’t make it acceptable that it happened in the first place.

Yes Rangers won last night and Morelos had a good game but the wrong thing to do would be to brush over and pretend it didn’t happen. Instead people in the game like Steve Clarke and Steven Gerrard should be coming out and slamming it although the latter didn’t actually manage to do that did he or at least not very convincingly.

If it is a minority of fans in Scotland, and I include all teams not just the OF, then the majority should be doing all they can to get it out of our game whether it sheds a negative light on their club or not.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you can neither prove that, nor back it up with anything remotely close to evidence.

But since in your world, Steve Clarkes concerns about sectarian abuse and the environment in which his kids grow up in would simply disappear with a Kilmarnock win in a football match, your opinion can safely be regarded as absolute shite, and your good self a fucking moron along with it.

I’m not expert on human behaviour but judging by his reaction last night, Killie winning wouldn’t have changed anything for Clarke.

Steve clarke never seemed to bother about sectarian abuse while it was happening to his player at weekend.

As expected you shift your focus elsewhere.

Kris Boyd is an experienced player who has been subject to ridiculous abuse from Celtic fans ever since he joined Rangers. He’s been called an *********** and Celtic fans put up effigies after his brother committed suicide. It’s well known he takes the verbals on the chin and even though they shouldn’t happen he appears to be able to accept it and move on. It appears more likely after the game that Clarke would allow his captain to deal with how he saw fit. Had it been a younger player coming through then yes it would’ve been better had Clarke come out and defended the player. The fact that Rangers fans are using this to try and say Clarke only cares about the abuse if it’s directed at him or if it comes from Rangers fans is absurd. No one knows what conversation Clarke and Boyd has behind the scenes.

However in Boyds social media post he said he wouldn’t tolerate the tossing of coins. Something which Clarke also condemned.

But as usual this is the type of whataboutery Rangers fans come up with. Sad to see.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Something that "rips my knitting" (to use an out of favour phrase) is Rangers fans justifying the use of The F Word on the basis that 1. It didn't originally mean Catholic or 2. "They use that word to describe themselves."  They are arseholes.  We all know that it is used as a term of abuse towards Catholics and is unjustifiable.

Sad to see you use the same form of argumentation.

If you can point me to the point in history where Celtic fans were calling Rangers fans f*nians for several years if not a decade, I'm all ears.

So because he is experienced to sectarian behaviour then it's ok ? Lol.i was making a point about Clarke.why not come out at weekend and make a
Stance about sectarianism? why go al Keegan style after getting a pumping.

Anyway back to game,killie shld have had a pen,blatant red card,Alfredo outstanding again.what a player he is.

So because he is experienced to sectarian behaviour then it's ok ? Lol.i was making a point about Clarke.why not come out at weekend and make a
Stance about sectarianism? why go al Keegan style after getting a pumping.

Anyway back to game,killie shld have had a pen,blatant red card,Alfredo outstanding again.what a player he is.

Where did I say it was ok? I said as someone who has been subjected to that abuse for years he knows how to handle it and doesn’t need his manager to stick up for him. The one area he said he wouldn’t put up with was the coin tossing and Clarke came out and said it was unacceptable.

And Killie lost the Celtic game as well so in all likelihood it would’ve been Celtic fans doing the exact same thing and accusing him of sour grapes.

Face it, you can’t stand that Rangers are being shown in a bad light and are frantic to shift the blame as far away as you can from the club. Any decent fan would want the offenders rooted out and as far away from the club as possible.

35 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

If you can point me to the point in history where Celtic fans were calling Rangers fans f*nians for several years if not a decade, I'm all ears.

Not really the point.  As I said, the form of argument is identical:

Obdurate Rangers fans:  "Aye, but it never meant Catholics originally"
Refractory diddies:  "Aye, but it never meant Protestants originally"

There's your two cheeks of the same arse.

Rangers and Celtic fans are bigoted scum. Always have been and always will be. Some of them take their children to games which is setting up our next generation of bigots (awful parenting too by the way).

Fair play to SC and Boyd for raising this but we all know deep down it will change nothing. Nobody has the balls to stand up to either club.

f**k them both.

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The media had a fucking field day with Falkirk recently over the eyeballs thing. And again over an alleged racism incident which turned out to be nothing. Thoese were one off incidents which revolved around probably half a dozen fans all in.

Some cracking posts on this thread by yourself but that's nonsense, your fans had been singing en masse about Dean Shiels against Inverness not long prior to that game, and throughout the afore mentioned Dunfermline game. 

There was allot of whataboutery from Falkirk fans in the post match thread about the incident also iirc. For some bizarre reason people seem to go out there way to try and make out that people who support the same team as them must also hold the some moral standards, it's absolute nonsense and something that not just Rangers and Celtic fans are guilty of. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Some cracking posts on this thread by yourself but that's nonsense, your fans had been singing en masse about Dean Shiels against Inverness not long prior to that game, and throughout the afore mentioned Dunfermline game. 

There was allot of whataboutery from Falkirk fans in the post match thread about the incident also iirc. For some bizarre reason people seem to go out there way to try and make out that people who support the same team as them must also hold the some moral standards, it's absolute nonsense and something that not just Rangers and Celtic fans are guilty of. 

Sectarianism has been going on for years so I think comparing it to the Dene Shiels incident (which was regrettable and unsavoury) is a lot of nonsense.

ps. Is your avatar not a well known, bigoted, movie/novel character ??

9 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Don't know about anyone else, but to see Sky Sports News have this as one of their main stories just made me sad and embarrassed. 

I know where you're coming from but I'm actually pleased, as well as shocked, that one of the bigot brothers biggest promoters has actually mentioned it let alone given it prominence. It can only be good that what is apparently Scotland's dirty little secret finally becomes known to as many outside the country as possible. External pressure  will be the only catalyst for change as obviously there is no internal will to actually do anything genuine to end sectarianism.

Archived