Killie v Cowdenbeaths conquerors

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

The fact that you have any interest in the coverage Celtic got is absolutely *** behaviour (for the record, it got plenty, half of Sportsound on Monday was dedicated to it).  Have a look at the Killie v Celtic thread, there is pages of criticism of Celtic fans.  Dribbling on about hypocrisy etc. is utter OF behaviour.  "I don't condone it but, but, but....", falling over themselves to engineer a way back to being the victim here.

When incidents like this happen (again and again and again), those of us of sound state of mind do not instantly look to the previous incident of Celtic or vice versa to ensure that the coverage was balanced.  We just think it's ridiculous, sad and worst of all utterly predictable.

I completely agree with your last sentence, it certainly is.

What I firmly disagree with is that by taking an interest in the difference of coverage both incidents get is *** behaviour. That's the issue so many have when it comes to Rangers, everything has to be black or white and you are either 100% against them or you are 100% pro them. Well life isn't like that and I am capable of looking at different scenarios at the same time and forming an opinion on them. The reactions have been different, this one from the Rangers support has already got far more coverage and vocal condemnation than the one on Sunday from Celtic fans, with the usual suspects in the media like Stewart, Spiers, Tom English all up on arms today, yet they were nowhere to be seen on Sunday. 

It is not *** behaviour, or Old Firm behaviour to be able to see and point out some glaring differences in reactions to two very similar incidents and to suggest it is is pretty silly imo. I have at no point made any attempt to defend anyone here, i just think for a country "stuck in the dark ages" and supposedly desperate to rid itself of sectarian or bigoted behaviour within football, so many go about it in entirely the wrong way, because they make too much of one side and not enough of the other.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

So he shouldn't mention the abuse he got because, racism ?

f**k sake mate...wind it in.

You can't be out here being offended and then proceed to praise Chelsea. Its a bad look, especially for non white folks like me.

"Rangers fans are deplorable but Chelsea fans are ok because their deplorable acts werent directed at me"

All he had to say was "I am glad I played in England". Dont bring up Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Let's all pretend that rangers fans didn't abuse Clarke because "Celtic fans do it too". f**k off

The funny thing is that Rangers and Celtic fans hate each other, but they use each other as a yardstick to measure what behaviour is acceptable.

Absolute cretins.

"***********" is obviously sectarian. "***" obviously isn't, but they needed to even up the list of sectarian terms so to not outrage one side.
Sectarianism is "good for business" unfortunately. Clubs trade on it, the SPFL trades on it, and we won't see any changes. Stadium closures should be happening but they won't.
Just because they don't like their nickname doesn't make it sectarian. But if they manage to shut the f**k up about 17th century international relations and other vile things at my beloved football I can live with not using it in public.

Until then, fair game.

10 minutes ago, Romeo said:
13 minutes ago, MJC said:
Because without knowing anything other than the fact that he played with Rangers, they are saying that he is a member of the orange order, probably Protestant and anti Catholic. It's prejudiced, it's bigoted and it therefore it is sectarian.

I'm a Protestant so your saying that the people I sit with at the football assume that I'm anti catholic?

That's just stupid talk and you know it. What religion you are is totally irrelevant here.

The Celtic support are branding Boyd those things simply because he played with Rangers. They have no idea if Boyd is any of those things.

So he's ok with his children growing up surrounded by racism because it wont directly affect them.
w****r.
What the f**k are you on about. Why are you so keen to find a flaw in his complaint? He was abused by bigots and simply said he was glad his children didn't have to grow up surrounded by it. The fact that it was chelsea is irrelevant.
I hope you're not suggesting that his case for action to be taken is worth less because he happend to work for another club that had some racist supporters.
He is a victim of sectarian abuse and the appropriate action should be taken.
It won't though, that's never the case.

8 minutes ago, AuAl said:

What the f**k are you on about. Why are you so keen to find a flaw in his complaint? He was abused by bigots and simply said he was glad his children didn't have to grow up surrounded by it. The fact that it was chelsea is irrelevant.
I hope you're not suggesting that his case for action to be taken is worth less because he happend to work for another club that had some racist supporters.

Yes because I have zero empathy for him if he doesnt give a f**k about people like me.

Also treating sectarianism like racism is also pretty disgusting but thats here nor there.

Funny how this

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/st-johnstone-racist-noises-probe-1-827341

Was treated nothing like the topic at hand.

19 minutes ago, MJC said:

I completely agree with your last sentence, it certainly is.

What I firmly disagree with is that by taking an interest in the difference of coverage both incidents get is *** behaviour. That's the issue so many have when it comes to Rangers, everything has to be black or white and you are either 100% against them or you are 100% pro them. Well life isn't like that and I am capable of looking at different scenarios at the same time and forming an opinion on them. The reactions have been different, this one from the Rangers support has already got far more coverage and vocal condemnation than the one on Sunday from Celtic fans, with the usual suspects in the media like Stewart, Spiers, Tom English all up on arms today, yet they were nowhere to be seen on Sunday. 

It is not *** behaviour, or Old Firm behaviour to be able to see and point out some glaring differences in reactions to two very similar incidents and to suggest it is is pretty silly imo. I have at no point made any attempt to defend anyone here, i just think for a country "stuck in the dark ages" and supposedly desperate to rid itself of sectarian or bigoted behaviour within football, so many go about it in entirely the wrong way, because they make too much of one side and not enough of the other.

It is OF behaviour.  Or maybe west coast behaviour then but i'm fairly certain most 'diddies' on the west coast don't go immediately into flailing about what coverage the other got anytime this happens.  Your 'capability to see different scenarios' is you just seeing Scottish football through the two horse race prism that is the millstone around its neck.

So a few select journalists are more up in arms this morning than they were on Monday, who actually cares?  I bet you any money that on another forum there will be Celtic fans claiming their match on Sunday got far more coverage for the fan trouble.  It is laughable and childish.  Let's say you're right and Spiers does favour Celtic in this kind of thing.  And what? Why does it matter to Rangers fans?  You can only control your own behaviour and you can only deal with incidents in isolation.

If they really do condemn this behaviour then shut the f**k up about Celtic and deal with your own issues.  It's honestly really tiresome.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It is OF behaviour.  Or maybe west coast behaviour then but i'm fairly certain most 'diddies' on the west coast don't go immediately into flailing about what coverage the other got anytime this happens.  Your 'capability to see different scenarios' is you just seeing Scottish football through the two horse race prism that is the millstone around its neck.

So a few select journalists are more up in arms this morning than they were on Monday, who actually cares?  I bet you any money that on another forum there will be Celtic fans claiming their match on Sunday got far more coverage for the fan trouble.  It is laughable and childish.  Let's say you're right and Spiers does favour Celtic in this kind of thing.  And what? Why does it matter to Rangers fans?  You can only control your own behaviour and you can only deal with incidents in isolation.

If they really do condone this behaviour then shut the f**k up about Celtic and deal with your own issues.  It's honestly really tiresome.

Don't bring common sense to the table, mate.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If they really do condone this behaviour then shut the f**k up about Celtic and deal with your own issues.  It's honestly really tiresome.

And vice versa. If you look at Rangers and Celtic social media, 90% of both are about one another. Its crazy.

11 hours ago, ali_91 said:

One of the two cheeks being called out for sectarianism by a popular manager and the other cheek having a video of an 8 year old boy singing about an *********** and how he hopes he dies within a week. Hopefully it will force the authorities hand in to actually doing something about this. It seems to have been totally forgotten that you’re not allowed to sing The Billy Boys etc. Back to being common place every week. Won’t hold my breath though.

You're correct not to hold your breath as nothing will happen.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It matters because, in my opinion, you can't seriously be seen to abhor the bigotry if you only take one side's bad behaviour into account and not the other. And it's not just Spiers, its Michael Stewart, Chris Sutton, BBC Scotland sportscene that are all over this in a way they simply weren't on Sunday. It's also the Kilmarnock manager who said little to nothing about his captain receiving mirror image sectarian abuse yet is now thanking his lucky stars every morning that Chelsea came in and saved his family from the sectarian hotbed of the West of Scotland when he's on the receiving end of it after his side lost to Rangers.

If you really, really want to tackle sectarianism and bigotry, then there can't be one rule for one and another for someone else.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

It matters because, in my opinion, you can't seriously be seen to abhor the bigotry if you only take one side's bad behaviour into account and not the other. And it's not just Spiers, its Michael Stewart, Chris Sutton, BBC Scotland sportscene that are all over this in a way they simply weren't on Sunday. It's also the Kilmarnock manager who said little to nothing about his captain receiving mirror image sectarian abuse yet is now thanking his lucky stars every morning that Chelsea came in and saved his family from the sectarian hotbed of the West of Scotland when he's on the receiving end of it after his side lost to Rangers.

If you really, really want to tackle sectarianism and bigotry, then there can't be one rule for one and another for someone else.

I'm done with you now.  You can't even see it.

Yes because I have zero empathy for him if he doesnt give a f**k about people like me.

Also treating sectarianism like racism is also pretty disgusting but thats here nor there.

Funny how this
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/st-johnstone-racist-noises-probe-1-827341
Was treated nothing like the topic at hand.
Didn't treat the two like each other, if you read what is said. You brought up Chelsea having racist fans, which while completely correct and completely unnacceptable, I feel is irrelevant to Stevie Clarke being abused in a sectarian manner.

Both clubs are scum, as are a large portion of fans. SFA need to grow a set and hit the clubs hard as they cant be trusted to self police - fines, docked points and kick them out of competitions should be on the table Sadly we have authorities who are wet wipes and see the sectarian pound as being more important than the integrity of the game and the general feeling towards issues such as these and more generally of sexuality, religion, race within society. For a progressive country we have an archaic body in charge of its largest sport who would rather bury their heads for own individual gains than stand up for the opinions of the majority - which is hardly a surprise as we cant forget the role given to a proven racist in Malky.

Rangers fans, when finally backed into a corner about their nakedly obvious sectarianism, will begin to start pulling out the performative "oh but you're allowed to call us h*ns?" shtick. It's absolutely pathetic, but that's what you're dealing with here. Strange how they called Celtic h*ns in the 1950s/60s, how sectarian of them.

21 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I only caught a bit of his interview this morning, however he appeared to be labelling the whole of the West of Scotland as the "problem", while holding up Chelsea and London as some place of extreme virtue, which I'm afraid is pretty far off the mark and will quite rightly rile a lot of people.

Apart from that the abuse he got was shocking and disgraceful but sadly not unexpected, as any of us who support an away team at Ibrox can testify is generally par for the course.

Will anything be done ? Probably not, but until they take this abuse seriously and actually close stands etc like they do in France, Italy, Spain, then they'll just keep on doing it and nothing will ever change........

Archived