Clyde vs Cowdenbeath

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only time I’ve known of a postponement at broadwood since the plastic pitch came in is if there’s been snow and it’s frozen on top of the pitch, as opposed to just frozen due to frost etc. 
Fairly sure you had one where there was a thaw that melted the snow and then a quick freeze which turned the water to ice before it could drain. The Colts used it that morning.

Cowden have made good progress since the start of the season and paling well with a good spirit about them. This however will be a real challenge and give us a sense of where we are now and how far we need to go. Regardless of whether DGW  plays are not Clyde a re a very good side capable of playing quality football especially on the surface at Broadwood, they are on good form themselves with players like Rankin hitting form. Too may people label them as a "one man team" which in my opinion is a mistake  obviously missing someone of DGW's ability is a blow to any side but I think they have a good fairly well balanced team that Danny will have well organised.

From Cowden's perspective I agree with @The Minertaur we should play the same side that won at Elgin best performance I've seen all season looking a real threat moving forward at pace and steady at the back with in my opinion our best CB pairing Deas & Pyper. 

A  tough challenge but if we play to our potential we may just be able to take something from the game.

Excellent news that Goodwillie is out.  Same team as against Elgin and I'd be pushing for a win here.
Cowdenbeath look a different team from last year bollan looks to have steadied the ship don't see them making the play offs but the cup money should help recruitment / retention for next year
Even without DGW still expect us to win by 2 , I still think the cowdenbeath players will have an eye on the cup tie couple if days later
Early goal for the Clyde

3 1 or 3 0

I have no problem with the club not broadcasting whether he is available or not, perhaps keep teams guessing is not a bad thing. Imagine the boost to our support if he appears on the teamsheet and the disappointment for opposition.

Perhaps no news is good news on this.

I also think Blue Oktober  (in previous couple of  posts) is spot on; we are night and day from 2-3 months ago and no way a one man team, not understating his potential loss , its massive, but we are now a very decent team with a bit of depth now (Ironically not up front to be fair).

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Excellent news that Goodwillie is out.  Same team as against Elgin and I'd be pushing for a win here.

I’d have Marsh in for Pyper ( who wasn’t that bad against Elgin but spends too much time holding on to opposition players) and what about Malcolm?

40 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I have no problem with the club not broadcasting whether he is available or not, perhaps keep teams guessing is not a bad thing. Imagine the boost to our support if he appears on the teamsheet and the disappointment for opposition.

Perhaps no news is good news on this.

I also think Blue Oktober  (in previous couple of  posts) is spot on; we are night and day from 2-3 months ago and no way a one man team, not understating his potential loss , its massive, but we are now a very decent team with a bit of depth now (Ironically not up front to be fair).

I think this is a matter of public interest for Clyde supporters first and foremost, and quite simply, f**k everyone else. This isn't a "where's Hopkirk/Gorman?" or "Stewart's fit for the bench, but not the team?" situation, as many of us watched him clatter into the BR goalie, then struggle on manfully for half an hour. An expected timeframe of absence would suffice, nothing more if indeed he is out, as i think we're expecting.

Fairly sure you had one where there was a thaw that melted the snow and then a quick freeze which turned the water to ice before it could drain. The Colts used it that morning.

What are you doing posting on here? Get back to your Edinburgh City thread.

Hopefully the break will work in our favour if, as expected, Goody is out. Danny has had 4 training sessions to work on things without his substantial influence. The last time we didn’t have Goody we only found out on the day of the match due to the birth of his kid.

But we have goals in this team without him, Rankin and Love being two that have knocked a decent return from midfield this season.

If we perform as we have this should still be a home win.

2-0 Clyde.

No offence to a much improved Cowdenbeath side that have a shout of 4th, but if we can't win a home game against one of the dross 7 without Goodwillie then we don't deserve to be in a title race.

Goodwillie is a very important player for us but we have a talented squad who i'm sure will cope without him. Interesting to see if we stick to the same system & put Norway up front or if we make a few tweaks.

With the game at home on a decent surface i'm sure we will still pick up the 3 points with Peterhead & Edinburgh both drawing.

2-1 Clyde (Boyle, Cuddihy)

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Having just listened to the audiobook version of the 2019 Sports Almanac on my new Cowdenbeatsemoji768.png, I am delighted to announce that the result of tomorrow's game is a 4-0 home win. A real blow to Cowdenbeath's hopes of ever achieving anything positive again.

NCP

Archived