Clyde vs Cowdenbeath

12 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/media/video/348/

A completely irrelevant point I'm aware, but I've found myself very bored on a Saturday night and have put myself through the torture of watching old Clyde highlights. I'd just like to take the time to point out what a magnificent save the Cowden goalie produced here about 1:30 in.

Davie Hay is the boy. 

Mullen doesn’t cover himself in glory with the goal, gets far too narrow.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Davie Hay is the boy. 

Mullen doesn’t cover himself in glory with the goal, gets far too narrow.

This happened a lot particularly first half also with Allan too deep, Clyde targeted that area time & time again through Stewart

2 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

This happened a lot particularly first half also with Allan too deep, Clyde targeted that area time & time again through Stewart

Yeah Mullen was tucked in leaving an easy diagonal pass time after time.

can only think it’s our tactic to be narrow until a pass is made out wide then spring out.

it gives the oppositions a very easy outlet ball and regular possession near our box which is a dangerous tactic.

4 minutes ago, big al said:

Yeah Mullen was tucked in leaving an easy diagonal pass time after time.

can only think it’s our tactic to be narrow until a pass is made out wide then spring out.

it gives the oppositions a very easy outlet ball and regular possession near our box which is a dangerous tactic.

Spot on mate I what made it worse was that Allan was being asked to play wide right but sitting too deep & narrow himself not picking up hi man giving additional time & space. As you say as a result Clyde had a lot off opportunity around the 18 yard area.  Flaherty eventually gave instructions to Allan  which improved positioning  providing improved protection. 

Delighted with the win. Couldn’t make the game but highlights looked like we had the better of it. Excellent cross in from Boyle and an unlikely scorer, we need others to chip in over the season with a few goals. 

2 difficult away games but no reason why we can’t win them. 

Archived