Clyde vs Cowdenbeath

3 minutes ago, dougster said:

Thank you my lovely Clyde lovers for a little sprinkling of joy on what is a horrible horrible day.  May you forever thump the smelly ones,  1 or 7 it’s still a defeat, Namaste 

Glad you managed to clutch a few straws as they passed you by. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dougster said:

Thank you my lovely Clyde lovers for a little sprinkling of joy on what is a horrible horrible day.  May you forever thump the smelly ones,  1 or 7 it’s still a defeat, Namaste 

Wow reality check overdue here 

Really comfy in the build up but I thought guilty of over playing at times and trying for that sliderule pass. Lang looked assured throughout and the pressure we applied up to the goal was intense. After the goal we could have put them to the sword.

Never one to dispute the stats, I thought we rode our luck at the end.  Still, particularly with results in Elgin and Annan, a fine day out.

Thought we played some good football today . Lang produced one of best centre back performances for years assured and his distribution was excellent and a bit of an unsung hero Rumbsy nothing fancy just a bloody good defender ( hands up didn't rate him earlier in the season ) mcstay turning into a class act Grant not one of my favourites again turning into a right good player Cuddhy my god gave him Pelters last season this guy has turned into a fantastic player ( Lennon's influence) glad to say wrong again [emoji16] nicol I thought just closed the game out terrific performance from the bench
Cowdenbeath a totally different team looked like lowland league fodder not long ago , thought they looked a solid team and pressed us for the last 10 mins bollan has done a really good job turning them round good luck on Wednesday

1 hour ago, Clyde_1977 said:

I think plaudits need to go to Danny for making the changes to change the game and  get the goal but if I was a cowdenbeath fan I'd be dissapointment with the managers tactics to play for a point. Clyde goal was worthy of winning any game.

The ball in from Boyle was a belter. Took the whole defence out of the game. Great to see Grant getting the goal. 

1 hour ago, Clyde_1977 said:

I think plaudits need to go to Danny for making the changes to change the game and  get the goal but if I was a cowdenbeath fan I'd be dissapointment with the managers tactics to play for a point. Clyde goal was worthy of winning any game.

I genuinely don’t think we played for a draw. We just didn’t click, giving the ball away far too easily on several occasions. A bit like Elgin did in our last game and they were put to the sword. 

You were the home team and going for the title yet you didn’t cause us that many problems. 

Missed opportuntitt for us today but you deserved the win. We were poor once we crossed the half way line.

1 minute ago, big al said:

I genuinely don’t think we played for a draw. We just didn’t click, giving the ball away far too easily on several occasions. A bit like Elgin did in our last game and they were put to the sword. 

You were the home team and going for the title yet you didn’t cause us that many problems. 

Missed opportuntitt for us today but you deserved the win. We were poor once we crossed the half way line.

I agree with you Al in that we didn’t cause you too many problems in terms of goal scoring chances. I did think though that when we scored it was after a period of time when we had you really pushed back and I think if we carried on that way after the goal we would have added to the score. However, we seemed to be content to sit back after the goal and allow you possession which was a bit frustrating. 

I think you are a bit harsh on your team. I thought you defended well and broke well at times but ultimately couldn’t create chances other than the one at the start of the second half which could well have resulted in a goal. 

I did think there were some ‘naughty’ challenges from Cowdenbeath players. The one on Stewart at the end of the first half and on Cuddihy near the end of the game were poor challenges. I noted there was some ‘afters’ at half time between Stewart and your player (sorry, don’t know his name). Just hope you get stuck into that mob in midweek. 

16 minutes ago, sydney said:

I agree with you Al in that we didn’t cause you too many problems in terms of goal scoring chances. I did think though that when we scored it was after a period of time when we had you really pushed back and I think if we carried on that way after the goal we would have added to the score. However, we seemed to be content to sit back after the goal and allow you possession which was a bit frustrating. 

I think you are a bit harsh on your team. I thought you defended well and broke well at times but ultimately couldn’t create chances other than the one at the start of the second half which could well have resulted in a goal. 

I did think there were some ‘naughty’ challenges from Cowdenbeath players. The one on Stewart at the end of the first half and on Cuddihy near the end of the game were poor challenges. I noted there was some ‘afters’ at half time between Stewart and your player (sorry, don’t know his name). Just hope you get stuck into that mob in midweek. 

Yes Cox and Talbot fired in a couple of enthusiastic challenges. 

From our point of view we have been a soft touch for too long so it’s good to see some fight and tenacity in the team as long as the line isn’t crossed.

I feel we had a slightly better chance of getting into the Rangers last week but as you say hopefully we make it difficult.

12 minutes ago, big al said:

Yes Cox and Talbot fired in a couple of enthusiastic challenges. 

From our point of view we have been a soft touch for too long so it’s good to see some fight and tenacity in the team as long as the line isn’t crossed.

I feel we had a slightly better chance of getting into the Rangers last week but as you say hopefully we make it difficult.

Spot on

we have been bullied for the last two seasons and finished bottom of the league each time.

if anyone beats us now, they have to fight for it and go home with the bruises to show for it. I’m delighted to see how physical we are now but we are not a dirty team, just robust.

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Fraser Mullen is a dirty little jobby, frankly. What i liked about today, was that it was a very competitive and entertaining match until we scored. A few of ours left the foot in without being noticed too, its definitely a good feeling to know we're no more easy beats..

Spot on
we have been bullied for the last two seasons and finished bottom of the league each time.
if anyone beats us now, they have to fight for it and go home with the bruises to show for it. I’m delighted to see how physical we are now but we are not a dirty team, just robust.
Correct nobody is getting an easy game against cowdenbeath as for the challenges today yes worthy of a yellow card but nothing more and as said good to see the Clyde players are up to the challenge thought the referee was fine , can't really complain about officials this season

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/media/video/348/

A completely irrelevant point I'm aware, but I've found myself very bored on a Saturday night and have put myself through the torture of watching old Clyde highlights. I'd just like to take the time to point out what a magnificent save the Cowden goalie produced here about 1:30 in.

David Hay. Great keeper for us. That was a great save I have to agree.Edit to add- That was a remarkable season. We lost the first two games and were 80/1 to win the league. We were in it until the last game. Stirling pipped us and Alloa. We won the playoff semi against Alloa and the final against Brechin. We then spent the next 4 out of five seasons in the championship. The other season we won league one. Great times.

Archived