Celtic vs St Mirren 23/01/19

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Standard defeat to Celtic.

Dundee winning at Hearts a bigger concern for us.

Hard to judge the new players on a game like this, but we do still need another 2-3 signings to make the relegation issue a fight.

We managed to beat Hearts and kept a clean sheet in the process. 

23 minutes ago, Munoz said:

We desperately need more quality in as soon as possible. 

Yeah we were really poor tonight. Celtic are miles ahead of us and this game will have no bearing on our season, but you still want to make them work for their three points, it was a training match for Celtic. First goal was pathetic, Tansey doesn't follow the runner and the keeper spills a header which was straight at him. That set the tone for the night.

So many times when we did get the ball we just knocked it into the channel and gave away possession. And the one time in the first half we got a free kick in their half, we send up Baird and Popescu then hit it straight out for a goal kick. 

Well that went as expected, 2 gifts of goals in the first half pretty much summed it up. One shot on goal and very little threat to the Celtic defence. Think Ajer got that bored that he was tempted to get sent off.
I know he’s getting a lot of stick at the moment & it would be unfair to single just one player out after that performance but Flynn was absolutely abysmal tonight. Provided nothing at all.
We got what we deserved tonight, wouldn’t be surprised if that was the poorest team Celtic will play all season. I’d include their Cup games in that as well.

Well that went as expected, 2 gifts of goals in the first half pretty much summed it up. One shot on goal and very little threat to the Celtic defence. Think Ajer got that bored that he was tempted to get sent off.
I know he’s getting a lot of stick at the moment & it would be unfair to single just one player out after that performance but Flynn was absolutely abysmal tonight. Provided nothing at all.
We got what we deserved tonight, wouldn’t be surprised if that was the poorest team Celtic will play all season. I’d include their Cup games in that as well.
The thing with Flynn is it's not just Celtic he is abysmal against.

He is abysmal against every other premier team we play.

He was abysmal against Alloa and Spartans. Did he play against Queens Park I can't remember. If he did he was abysmal.

I can only remember 1 good game he played for us and it was the game we pumped Dumbarton last year.

He is one of my least favourite St Mirren players ever.

11 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

"It would be unfair to single just one player, but I'm going to anyway..."

Yeah - we need scapegoats. Can't be losing as a team, blame one player and we can leave the rest.

Archived