Well vs Hibs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I say this without any piss being taken. But Sammon in please.

Full agreement. He's a big huddy, but he at least looks like he's bothered about being a huddy. Get him on, get the ball down, get it in his feet.

46 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Full agreement. He's a big huddy, but he at least looks like he's bothered about being a huddy. Get him on, get the ball down, get it in his feet.

Tbf to him when he actually gets the ball played in to his feet he keeps a hold of it. Johnson couldn't keep weans out of a close, never mind keep possession.

Totally agree he deserves a run of games hasn’t been given a real chance. He was scoring plenty when eremenko was setting them up at Killie maybe him and McCormack could be a decent partnership?

2 hours ago, scmwell said:

Totally agree he deserves a run of games hasn’t been given a real chance. He was scoring plenty when eremenko was setting them up at Killie maybe him and McCormack could be a decent partnership?

The way we had set up on Saturday would have made a lot more sense with Sammon up top. Johnson was pointless in the lone role up there.

I'd ideally like to see Dunne taken the f**k out of left back because he looks awful out there. Move Tait over there and play Grimshaw on the right imo.

13 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The way we had set up on Saturday would have made a lot more sense with Sammon up top. Johnson was pointless in the lone role up there.

I'd ideally like to see Dunne taken the f**k out of left back because he looks awful out there. Move Tait over there and play Grimshaw on the right imo.

Aye, it feels a bit like Robinson's tying himself in knots with this whole "play football" business.

If we play with a back 4 it either means sticking Dunne at LB (where he's fucking awful) or dropping Hartley who may be slow but is also our captain. If we go with a back 3 it gets Hartley and Dunne in the team but then means sacking off the wingers he spent the winter break talking up. That said, there was chat when he signed that Ariyibi can play through the middle...

Gillespie
Grimshaw Aldred Dunne Tait
Campbell McHugh Turnbull
Ariyibi Sammon Hastie

or

Gillespie
Aldred Hartley Dunne
Grimshaw Campbell McHugh Turnbull Tait
Ariyibi Sammon

Either way get the big man on the park.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, it feels a bit like Robinson's tying himself in knots with this whole "play football" business.

If we play with a back 4 it either means sticking Dunne at LB or dropping Hartley who may be slow but is also our captain. If we go with a back 3 it gets Hartley and Dunne in the team but then means sacking off the wingers he spent the winter break talking up. That said, there was chat when he signed that Ariyibi can play through the middle...

Gillespie
Campbell McHugh Turnbull
Ariyibi Sammon Hastie

or

Gillespie
Aldred Hartley Dunne
Grimshaw Campbell McHugh Turnbull Tait
Ariyibi Sammon

Either way get the big man on the park.

That's exactly the line up I was thinking for tonight. If Frear passes fit then possibly start him but either way we can't play that horrific 4-4-1-1 again.

5 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That's exactly the line up I was thinking for tonight. If Frear passes fit then possibly start him but either way we can't play that horrific 4-4-1-1 again.

Aye. I'd be quite happy if we committed to that. 451 out of possession, 433 in possession.

The other thing is that for all the flak Robinson took for his interview post-match on Saturday it'd  explain why he felt we need a 'target man' if that's the sort of shape he's got in mind. Get lining up with 2 central midfielders to utter f**k though. 3 man midfield with Campbell and McHugh kicking folk please.

Absolutely fkn baltic this morning. 

Was standing scraping ice off the car thinking that I'd rather be anywhere else tonight, rather than at Fir Park watching another abject display and  inevitable tonking , but I'll be there. 

Aff ma fuckin heid. 

Prediction :  Motherwell nil - Hibs several.

Cannae wait. 

Hopefully McCormack is doing his best Alexei Eremenko impression by turning up fat as f**k. 

Get him in behind Sammon and the Fish will start banging them in. 

Motherwell 3-6 Hibs. 

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Gillespie

Campbell Gorrin

Hastie Turnbull Ariyibi 

Main

Is the only remotely sensible line-up I can work out from there.

Honestly no fucking idea how that's going to play out. Should be a laugh though.

I'd say it's roughly a variation on what I posted earlier (but then I would).

Gillespie
Campbell Gorrin Turnbull
Ariyibi Main Hastie

out of possession probably

Gillespie
Ariyibi Campbell Gorrin Turnbull Hastie
Main

Absolutely no idea how they will line up from that starting 11, capt_oats 2 variations above both plausible. 

If nothing else, the shits and giggles watching them try to adapt to yet another set-up might take our minds off the cold a bit. 

Still amazed, like everyone else that Curtis Main involved yet again after contributing the square root of f**k all for the last 6 months. Punt him to f**k. 

Is it just me that thinks Frear is just a bit pish? I think I’ve seen him beat a man about three times in his entire time with us.

Although much is down to him being used as a wingback, I’ve never seen him offer anything really of note at all.

I actually quite like the look of that lineup (aside from Main, but tbh we don’t really have anyone who could play in that role at the mo), but fully expect a collapse twenty minutes in when we realise we’ve not ‘earned the right to play football’ and start aimlessly punting it over the east stand.

Archived